Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MSPNP by Whodwho and Wasted Spark

Hi guys,

I bought a used MS by Whodwho and I am trying to find out if its pre-assembled for wasted spark. I tried searching online with no result and tried contacting Whodwho with no luck there either!

My question is, where on the board should I be looking to see if the ignition drivers are installed? If not installed, do I just need to order and solder them in or do I have to do any other mods apart from the obvious ign coils and external wiring?

On the outside the only writing I see is "M20 Turbo #30"

I can open the MS and upload pics if need be or maybe someone has more experience with these.

Any help appreciated!

Take a picture of the board would be the easiest way to explain

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
    Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

IX being restored here

Ix turbo build here

Comment

I went ahead and took some while I was waiting for a reply..

Comment

My guess is no

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

Originally posted by ak- View Post
          My guess is no

Yeah, I was thinking most likely it is not installed.

My next question, is it just a matter of buying the ignition driver kits and soldering them in place or is there anything else that needs to be done?

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Comment

your board is v1.0 while the one ak- posted is 1.4. I would really try to get info from Keith on this.

Did you email him? I think that's really the only way to get hold of him.
            Originally posted by priapism
            My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
            Originally posted by shameson
            Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

Originally posted by Northern View Post
              your board is v1.0 while the one ak- posted is 1.4. I would really try to get info from Keith on this.

Did you email him? I think that's really the only way to get hold of him.
              I did email him with no answer. I contacted the PO as well and he told me that he wasnt sure since he never used the wasted spark option.

I guess I'll wait a little longer and email Keith again.

Comment

Flip the board over, It looks like there underneath.

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

IX being restored here

Ix turbo build here

Comment

Here is the bottom of the board. I don't think its there either...

Comment

I think I figured it out! This is a pinout that Whodwho posted in another thread in regards to WS.

If I follow the board, the drivers are actually connected to the DB15 and Q1 is actually splits off on the front of the board, which goes to a pin for the original connector.

Can someone with more knowledge (as I am new to MS) please confirm?

Comment

I believe this is them

IX being restored here

Ix turbo build here

Comment

Hey if those 3 transisters are bip373's(wasted spark) then the center pin will be connected to the db15 pinout you posted before. Grab multimeter and check for continuity between the center leg and ign1, ign2, ign3. To check continuity check for zero resistence(ohm) between the 2 points. Hope this helps

Comment

Also if those are 330 ohm resisters circled in thr first picture id bet thats it....i just cant make out the color stripes.

Comment

your board is set up for wasted spark, did you have fun putting those stupid tiny nuts back on when you reassembled it?

Comment

Originally posted by 2002tiiguy View Post
                              your board is set up for wasted spark, did you have fun putting those stupid tiny nuts back on when you reassembled it?
                              Yes, it does have wasted spark.

Those nuts where not that bad, just a little patience...

Comment

Working...
                              X