Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

m10 owner needs help please

hi everyone i have looked every where, and posted on a lot of places
    i got a m10 engine in a e21 1982 i have the k jetronic fuel injection system
    now the problem is the car is not able to idle at all. the car was setting for 7 years before i bought it. needed a fuel pump. i replaced the fuel pump and spark plug. now the car is able to start with not much problem. it just can not idle at all.
    i'm unable to find the idle valve. so i can not take it out and clean it.
    please if anyone have experience or think there is something i should check out. just let me know i'll take a loot at it.

Originally posted by kevinxu19950601 View Post
    hi everyone i have looked every where, and posted on a lot of places
    i got a m10 engine in a e21 1982 i have the k jetronic fuel injection system
    now the problem is the car is not able to idle at all. the car was setting for 7 years before i bought it. needed a fuel pump. i replaced the fuel pump and spark plug. now the car is able to start with not much problem. it just can not idle at all.
    i'm unable to find the idle valve. so i can not take it out and clean it.
    please if anyone have experience or think there is something i should check out. just let me know i'll take a loot at it.
    i would also would like to add that. if i take one injector or two out of the intake manifold the car will be able to start and idle at 4000rmp.
    if i get the car started with all four injectors in i'm able to control the rev, but it just dies right after i let go of the gas

Comment

sell me the engine cheap and swap in something more fun to have. no wants those 4 cylinders except the guy who blows them up on the race track

sigpic1984 318i Total conversion to a DIRT race car.
      Check out our build on facebook @ www.facebook.com/brewstermotorsports

Comment

Working...
      X