Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just thought I would post even though I have not used my wiring harness yet, I am very impressed with it.

All connections look fantastic, the work is professional and absolutely top notch. Dealing with Andrew was fantastic, he was happy to answer any questions and quick to do so.

S54B32 swap in progress. Status: Getting There

Comment

Thanks for the review! Can't wait to see your engine running!
      Plug and Play Wiring Harness Adapters for S54, S50, M54 and more.

Comment

Will you be looking into a M60 harness option?
        I would be interested...!

Talking about a remaned harness with the c20 plug removed and a pigtailed c101 in its place..
        Last edited by MonkeyMadness; 08-08-2013, 08:42 AM.
        https://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar...re-irs.356333/

This Forum is built on love, and powered by Sexual Tension!

When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.

Comment

PMd!
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MonkeyMadness View Post
            Will you be looking into a M60 harness option?
            I would be interested...!

Talking about a remaned harness with the c20 plug removed and a pigtailed c101 in its place..
            Yeah I can do one for an M60. I can put a C101 plug on your M60 harness if you desire. It will just be a little more to cover additional shipping weight.

Comment

Originally posted by robgoesvroom View Post
              PMd!
              Replied!

Comment

any plans for N52 / N54 harnesses?

Comment

Originally posted by Sebaflex View Post
                  any plans for N52 / N54 harnesses?
                  I currently only offer adapter harnesses for engines that have stock ECU's that can either be used in the E30 vanilla or flashed to function properly by a tuner. I do not know of a tuner who can flash an N5x ECU. There might be one in Europe. It is possible to use an N5x engine in an E30 with a vanilla ECU if you install all of the necessary systems required to prevent it from going into limp mode and throwing multiple codes. You'd definetly need to install the DSC system and have working CAN bus. You'd need to also use a matching instrument cluster (i.e. E90). If you find a tuner who can flash the ECU or you want to take on the task of installing the necessary systems to use it vanilla I can build you an adapter harness. Also, I'm sure there are aftermarket engine management solutions available for the N5x engines but the wiring harness will depend on the system being used. If you supplied me with the proper electrical diagrams from the ECU manufacturer I could build you an adapter harness.

It is my opinion that an N52 offers no significant advantages over an M54. The addition of Valvetronic makes the engine considerably more complicated and therefore harder and more expensive to work on. The turbocharged N54 and N55 produce great usable power but are direct injection and will require periodic cleaning of the intake valves due to excessive carbon buildup. The high pressure fuel pump (HPFP) has also been known to fail prematurely. If you were to go through all the trouble of installing a newer BMW engine in an E30 you might as well skip the N5x and go with a 4 cylinder N20 or N47 diesel (in the new 328d) to take advantage of the increased fuel economy and reduced weight for better handling.

Comment

Have you sold a harness to anyone who has done a mechanical throttle conversion instead of DBW ?

Comment

Originally posted by evoe46m3 View Post
                      Have you sold a harness to anyone who has done a mechanical throttle conversion instead of DBW ?
                      No, I haven't. There's no need to convert to mechanical throttle if you're using the stock ECU, but I can omit the gas pedal connector if requested.

Comment

+1^Ethrottle is much better than cable on the S54 for a number of reasons.

Check Us out on Facebook
                        Needing a harness adapter or wiring help? Check it out: also have 24v motor mounts, E30 M3 covers and E36 ECU mounts!
                        Full Product Line Tuning
                        OBD2 Tuning Available! OBD2 E36, S54 Swap, S62 Swap, etc: tuning@MarkertMotorWorks.com Dyno Thread

Comment

Originally posted by 328ijunkie View Post
                          +1^Ethrottle is much better than cable on the S54 for a number of reasons.
                          Really ? do the manual throttle conversion kits not work very well ? I have driven an e46 M3 and I thought the throttle feel and mapping for the M button and non M button modes were terrible.

Comment

the throttle mapping is easy to change.

the mechanical conversion costs $300. in addition to that, the torque input into the throttles is non-linear - so the amount of force you need to push down changes as you get closer to 100%. that makes it touchy and a little unpredictable.
                            Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

In addition to loosing the purposeful WOT restriction at low RPMs to help intake velocity

Check Us out on Facebook
                              Needing a harness adapter or wiring help? Check it out: also have 24v motor mounts, E30 M3 covers and E36 ECU mounts!
                              Full Product Line Tuning
                              OBD2 Tuning Available! OBD2 E36, S54 Swap, S62 Swap, etc: tuning@MarkertMotorWorks.com Dyno Thread

Comment

and better low rpm/low speed driveability (less sensitivity where you don't want it).
                                Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Working...
                                X