USC Spraymax® 2k Glamour High Gloss Aerosol Clear Part # Usc-3680061

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

USC Spraymax® 2k Glamour High Gloss Aerosol Clear Part # Usc-3680061

Hey guys, I'm looking at budget painting an e28 535is spoiler I recently picked up for cheap and want to get it close to Zinno for my e30. Has anyone used this spray clear coat on anything for a car before? I've heard there is a rust-o-leum color that is close to Zinno but not exact. Currently the clear coat in the gone off the original silver color. But none the less, if anyone has used this I'd love to see how it looks and what it ended up like.

-Ben

No experience with that product, but don't paint anything with Rustoleum if you ever want to be able to remove it.
    Originally posted by kronus
    would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

Originally posted by bmcf1lm View Post
      Hey guys, I'm looking at budget painting an e28 535is spoiler I recently picked up for cheap and want to get it close to Zinno for my e30. Has anyone used this spray clear coat on anything for a car before? I've heard there is a rust-o-leum color that is close to Zinno but not exact. Currently the clear coat in the gone off the original silver color. But none the less, if anyone has used this I'd love to see how it looks and what it ended up like.

-Ben
      rustoleum wont get very close to zinno. best option is to find a place locally or online that will mix the correct paint code for you.
      Current:
      1989 325i
      1988 M3
      1987 325ic
      Past:
      2001 330ci
      2001 M3

Comment

Cool, thank you for that advice. I ordered that clear coat so I'll let you guys know how it turns out once I am done.

Comment

Just remember, once you pop it, you gotta use it all up. It's shelf life once mixed is 48 hours.

I have started using that clear coat on everything now. It's a bit expensive, but it's about as close to Professional that you can get without a whole spray setup. I actually used it on the front valance/spoiler for the Alpina over some custom loaded Alpinweiss cans I keep for the racecar.

As with any paint though, prep and cleanliness is everything.

These are the guys who turned me on to it first. All their body/paint videos are actually done well and great for the DIY guys..

1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
          2016 Ford Flex
          2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

Working...
          X