Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lots of power for a vert chassis....

Comment

I'd hardly call that a lot of power. The e30 vert is probabaly still stiffer than a t top fbody.
      '92 MTech cabrio: Tesla P85 powered

IG: telsa_bimmer

'95 Alpine M3 5.3 LS, Precision 7675, TH400/Gear Vendors OD
      10.4@136 pump gas at 3530lbs. (SOLD)

Comment

On a positive note the transmission fits with room to spare after drilling a center mount hole and trimming some extra material to get it to sit flush against the floor.

I'm just going to make my own motor mounts now that its positioned in the car. I'm sure they work with the canton pan but I prefer the cast OE pans with the integrated filter mount.

Last edited by jon volk; 01-09-2017, 07:43 AM.

Comment

Subbed, liking the build so far.
          First e30 - 1991 318i 4 door

Comment

Much happier with this fitment....

Motor is 1.25" further back than it was before. Just waiting on some 1/4" laser cut mount plates to finish them off. Did t have enough scrap material to make my own today.

Comment

Another shot showing steering shaft/mount clearance.

Comment

I'm with you that I wish when I built my car I didn't wait for a kit to be available and just built the mounts on my own. There isn't much to them
                1989 325i LS Swap (Money Pit):https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=244933
                COTM Feb 2019: https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=428404

Comment

Installed the B&M Quicksilver shifter today. Had to make a recessed housing in order to get it low enough to clear the stock console but it worked out well.

Video

Comment

that looks really good, much better than I thought it would actually. I assumed the shifter would be at stock height so was expecting to see hackery, but you made it very sweet. well done
                    '87 BMW 325i - ground control c/o, condor bushings, 16x8/16x9 wheels - SOLD

'09 MazdaSpeed 3 - FOR SALE

Comment

My old exhaust happens to fit as well, so all it needs is a y-pipe to the headers. With making my own mounts, the block hugger header will fit on the passenger side so Ill have a total investment of $150 into the headers. Need to order a shift kit and deep pan for the trans to get that all squared away.

Comment

Started working on a coolant expansion tank. Stole the idea from Samberg and making a tank that will bolt to the passenger side cylinder head.

Also bought a Paxton blower inlet to use as a throttle body elbow. Its 3.5" in/out and just over 3" tall. I needed something super tight due to the added intake length of the nitrous plate.

Comment

Made some good progress today. Finished the driver side header modifications. Extended it to the sway bar area because messing with bolts or vband clamps right next to the steering link is just stupid.

Started on the y pipe to mate up with the rest of the exhaust.

Welded in the new battery tray. Going to spray it with Duplicolor Arctic White for a close enough match.

Finally starting to look like a car again.

Surprisingly the ride height hasn't changed at all even with the iron block.

Comment

Nice work and lots of pictures .... I need to learn to weld.
                            First e30 - 1991 318i 4 door

Comment

Quick update. Mostly waiting on USPS and Fedex at this point for more parts.

I wanted something clean and configurable for power switching so I'm using an ssVec fuse/relay box from Eaton. Turned out to be a really nice piece. Also relocated the battery to the trunk with OE stuff from a coupe.

Made a quick coolant crossover pipe from some scrap leftover in the bin.

Also have a new C101 connector and pins. Just waiting on the rubber boot cap and thatll finish off the engine to chassis wiring.

Comment

I really like the way you ran your exhaust I may have to copy that routing when I redo mine
                                1989 325i LS Swap (Money Pit):https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=244933
                                COTM Feb 2019: https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=428404

Comment

Working...
                                X