Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

22million less insured, higher premiums for older people and the working poor.

just to pay for tax cuts for the wealthy

Comment

"Simply overcoming the hurdle is becoming a massive headache for Republican leaders, and the Senate GOP seemed more divided than ever after the release on Monday of the Congressional Budget Office’s analysis."

Don't worry. The proposition will not even reach the floor. Republicans are far from being unanimous and that repeal will easily be defeated.

Brake harder. Go faster. No shit.

massivebrakes.com

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Massiv...78417442267056

Comment

Originally posted by BraveUlysses View Post
        22million less insured, higher premiums for older people and the working poor.

just to pay for tax cuts for the wealthy
        you realize that the 22 million number is derived largely from the elimination of mandatory enrollment?

the wealthy are not the problem anyway. the problem is having a government bureaucrat in between you and your doctor.
        “There is nothing government can give you that it hasn’t taken from you in the first place”
        Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by LBJefferies View Post
          What a sack of dog shit this man is. Obama DID do something about it by kicking out Russian diplomats, shutting down Russian government facilities and further sanctioning them. Meanwhile, Trump was praising Putin and deflecting all the way up until now. And he still can't admit he was wrong in any way. We have a 6 year old as our President folks.

If you voted for this POS, you're an idiot. *Cough* George and Sleeve *cough*.
          see, this is how to win a debate.

apparently Trump is smarter than you holmes. he's the top dog, and you're stuck pretending to be a conservative on R3V whining about him.
          “There is nothing government can give you that it hasn’t taken from you in the first place”
          Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by Massive Lee View Post
            "Simply overcoming the hurdle is becoming a massive headache for Republican leaders, and the Senate GOP seemed more divided than ever after the release on Monday of the Congressional Budget Office’s analysis."

Don't worry. The proposition will not even reach the floor. Republicans are far from being unanimous and that repeal will easily be defeated.

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/0...39948?lo=ap_b1
            so why is this a bad thing?

when the Democrats rammed the ACA up everyone's ass, they had to use every gimmick they could, and they had to be unanimous or it would have failed. the fact Republicans can't agree is not a weakness. It means at least some of them have an ethical backbone, unlike their opponents.
            Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by gwb72tii View Post
              ... the fact Republicans can't agree is not a weakness.
              Well. They unanimously opposed the ACA as proposed by the previous administration. Opposing is easy. Now that they have to build something, Republicans can't even get their act together. It seems they are better at simply being in the opposition.

We'll know by the end of the day or by Wednesday what happens next. That would be a huuuuuge blow (so huuuuuge. Gigantic. Hmmm.... Very biiiiiig.) if it didn't even reach the floor. Another failed promise.

BTW Where's the wall?
              Brake harder. Go faster. No shit.

massivebrakes.com

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Massiv...78417442267056

Comment

Ol' Mitch wants it to fail at this point.

All the big money donors are cutting off fundraising activities until they get tax reform done. Which is what they should have started on to begin with.
                Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
                Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
                One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

you realize that the 22 million number is derived largely from the elimination of mandatory enrollment?
                  WRONG

i don't know why I expect any better of you, but you're absolutely incorrect.

not that you'll read it anyway but here's an article on the CBO report

The largest group to lose health insurance coverage would be people with Medicaid. In 10 years, the C.B.O. projects, there would be 15 million fewer Medicaid enrollees.
                  younger, healthier people who drop insurance drives up the costs of those who are sick or are older, because they aren't there to help spread the risk over a larger pool of people.

The increase in the number of uninsured would be disproportionately larger among older people with lower incomes.

Several major changes under the Senate plan would cause fewer people to have insurance.

The bill repeals the individual mandate, which requires all Americans to obtain health insurance if they can afford it or else face penalties. The mandate, which many Republicans criticize, was created to keep insurance affordable for those who are older or sick.

Without the mandate, many healthy people are expected to drop coverage, driving up prices for those who need it most and ultimately causing even more people to drop out of the individual market.

The bill would also substantially reduce spending on Medicaid and reduce the value of tax credits that individuals use to buy health insurance, pricing many out of the market.

the wealthy are not the problem anyway. the problem is having a government bureaucrat in between you and your doctor.
                  I didn't say the wealthy are the problem, i said this is a tax cut for the wealthy and a corresponding massive reduction in medicaid spending to justify the tax cuts.

there is far more management and stockholders between me and my provider than there are bureaucrats between me and my provider.

Comment

so why is this a bad thing?

when the Democrats rammed the ACA up everyone's ass, they had to use every gimmick they could, and they had to be unanimous or it would have failed. the fact Republicans can't agree is not a weakness. It means at least some of them have an ethical backbone, unlike their opponents.
                    over a year of work (much of it was public) went into crafting ACA, this bill and the house bill were both done in secrecy until the very last moment and voted on in a week.

dems were able to pass this with 60 votes, republicans are struggling to even get 50 votes.

ACA was not a good solution and these bills are worse in every single way and you're a pathetic person for even trying to rationalize this shit.

Comment

Ok so you are saying the ACA was rammed up everyones ass, the bill that took nearly 2 years to get passed, that had 160 ammendments made to it to appease republicans to get some of their support. The Bill that had multiple bi-partisan meetings to try and pass it, that was the one rammed up our ass.

Not the 100 page tax break that the GOP tried to pass before anyone could read it or the CBO could estimate its effects?

I actually guarantee that if they don't pass it they will use it as an excuse point, 'Oh its because we didn't get any democrat support, the fake news media turned people against us, some of our party members don't have spines, blah blah.'
                      Last edited by Wschnitz; 06-27-2017, 12:00 PM.
                      1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
                      willschnitz

Comment

Originally posted by BraveUlysses View Post
                        there is far more management and stockholders between me and my provider than there are bureaucrats between me and my provider.
                        ^This. Until you put checks on just how much greed can be indulged in our health care system... we are going to end up with problems.

And also agree that the 22 million includes people who would elect to not carry insurance GWB. But I also agree with Ulysess... those who elect to not carry insurance are just costing the rest of us money. Not sure why the right wingers keep beating the drum on health care... they continually vote against their own interests.

The only people that are served well having 100% privatized (and unregulated) health care... are the wealthy. And I'm not saying it's their fault either, that's just the way the system works. It's the same with the financial industry, telecom, etc, etc.

But the Rep voters keep voting in favor of the 5% thinking that they will one day be a member of that class because they work hard. Wrong.
                        "A good memory for quotes combined with a poor memory for attribution can lead to a false sense of originality."
                        -----------------------------------------
                        91 318is Turbo Sold
                        87 325 Daily driver Sold
                        06 4.8is X5
                        06 Mtec X3
                        05 4.4i X5 Sold
                        92 325ic Sold & Re-purchased
                        90 325i Sold
                        97 328is Sold
                        01 323ci Sold
                        92 325i Sold
                        83 528e Totaled
                        98 328i Sold
                        93 325i Sold

Comment

here you go brave

Yesterday, the Congressional Budget Office published its estimate of the Senate GOP health care bill. Democrats are trumpeting the claim that under the bill, 22 million fewer people will have coverage than under Obamacare in 2026. But the CBO’s estimates are deeply flawed.

"In the latest report, the CBO estimates that 15 million people would voluntarily drop out of the market in 2018 due to the repeal of the mandate. That’s nearly three-quarters of the total coverage loss, in one year."

The CBO is never right about any estimate BTW.
                          Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

good job finding an op-ed that you agree with

both this bill and the house bill have substantially lower public support than ACA ever did so i'm not sure how exactly you can spin this as a positive.

Comment

The CBO is never right about any estimate BTW.
                              They nearly hit the nail on the head with the projected coverage and costs of the ACA?

Pretty sure you are never right about anything my friend, you just choose to call anything that doesn't apply to your echo chamber wrong.
                              1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
                              willschnitz

Comment

Originally posted by Wschnitz View Post
                                They nearly hit the nail on the head with the projected coverage and costs of the ACA?

Pretty sure you are never right about anything my friend, you just choose to call anything that doesn't apply to your echo chamber wrong.
                                we all know these are estimates that are made when the bills are being proposed and revised before they are passed

it doesnt take into account what can change, like the number of young (under 30) enrollees has been substantially lower in 2016 than what was projected, despite the tax for not complying with the mandate. this is one of the primary reasons premiums have shot up so much, because the pools don't have enough healthy young people to spread the costs out over.

it also doesn't account for political hurdles that come up after the bill, like how many states refused to expand medicaid due to political posturing, or political/economic issues like humana deciding to drop out of the healthcare exchanges after their merger was rejected by federal regulators (link here).

it's hard to quantify how much impact stuff like this has on the overall picture but it doesnt mean that the estimates for ACA were horrible but as with any estimate it could be reserved or optimistic and some of the reasons that success is not achieved are complex.

Comment

Working...
                                X