Good shop in DFW area?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good shop in DFW area?

I just moved to Texas with my new e30 with an m50 swap and I have a laundry list of issues that need addressing, specifically in the electronics. Do you guys have any suggestions on who to take it to? Thanks.

Where in dfw?

Comment

Specifically in Denton but I don't mind a little driving.

Comment

Don't know much about the area except that wayne calvert precision engines is an excellent machine shop. I use lone star Bavarian in Fort Worth but for some stuff their prices can be a bit high, or clown shoe motorsports in dallas

Comment

Originally posted by diesekte View Post
          Don't know much about the area except that wayne calvert precision engines is an excellent machine shop. I use lone star Bavarian in Fort Worth but for some stuff their prices can be a bit high, or clown shoe motorsports in dallas
          Any informed person will NEVER take anything to clownshoe for work.

OP, shoot me a PM with what you need. I'm in Dallas near I35 & 635.

E30 M3 / E30 325is / E34 525iT / E34 535i

Comment

Good shop in DFW area?

PST? Not many others I know of..

Edit: Autoscope? Are they still around and any good?
            Last edited by HennaE30; 10-04-2015, 09:50 PM.
            Originally posted by flyboyx
            how about if i yank the anal beads out of your ass like i'm trying to pull start a chain saw?
            Originally posted by Northern
            beer is my new liver cleanse.

Henna - '84 Hennarot 325e
            Lola - '89 Schwarz 325is - being saved
            Christine - '88 Schwarz 325is - Spec E30 Racecar
            '01 White F150 Lariat 4x4 Supercrew - Daily
            Dad's '05 Interlagosblau M3

Comment

Hey man... curious what is giving you issues in concern to wiring. I have all the wiring for the front of the car written as to what is what since i tucked it up under the fender. I will dig that up and send it your way.
              sigpic

1989 Alpine 325is 2dr m50 swapped
              Build Thread:
              Current ongoing build. Check it out!
              1991 318is 4dr rallycross
              Rallycross Build Thread.
              1991 Alpine 318is coupe - sold

Comment

Bumping this. Tired of messing around w/ my lack of cabin heat. Lacking time lately and looking for a decent shop.
                Have new core and "new" valve. Just not sure if one of those are the cause yet.

Comment

If anyone needs help in Dallas with there E30 don't hesitate to PM me. I've worked on these for over 15 years and have performed numerous reliable engine/ transmission swaps.

Sent from my iPhone
                  "A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith alone does not prove anything."

Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

Looking for a good machine shop to magnaflux and deck my S52 head. Please let me know if any of you have any recommendations. Anywhere near East Dallas or downtown would be a plus.
                    1990 325i/4/5 Delphin Grey/Natur

Comment

I have only used and really liked wayne calvert precision engines in denton. The price was competitive, work was done right, and they were very willing to work with some special requests

Comment

I've had great success with Import Car Center in Grapevine:

We specialize in Import auto services and repairs for the entire Grapevinearea, give us a call to schedule an appointment.

I'd vouch for them! BTW I'm also in Denton.

Comment

Originally posted by Teaguer View Post
                          Any informed person will NEVER take anything to clownshoe for work.

OP, shoot me a PM with what you need. I'm in Dallas near I35 & 635.

Curious, what was your experience/feedback with Clownshoe? They were expensive but did a good job for me.

Comment

Gonna bump this again. I'm still looking for someone to help me fix a few issues. My goal is to get it to pass Texas inspection before the registration expires (September)

Comment

You only need safety equipment to pass. Even if you have a swap most shops will inspect based on vehicle year - no emissions for you. What issues are you looking at getting fixed in particular?

Comment

Working...
                              X