Views:	1
Size:	91.7 KB
ID:	7140633

Here are a couple more pics of the car.

Cheers,

Jim
    sigpic

Comment

never really put much notice on the difference between B36/8 intake compared to the B35 intake until now >.<

edit: where does the pipes lead to? behind the bumper? do you have a small cone filter on the end or .. ?
      ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)Be Afraid Of The Future

Comment

My engine is still in the rebuilding stage but I plan to drop it in early May. I cant wait.

Engine before tear down last month...

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-20120204-01309.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	123.6 KB
ID:	7140634

The Build:
        http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=191125

Comment

GL with the swap and don't hesitate to post some pics of the rebuild :up:

Comment

Originally posted by Xat1cZ View Post
            never really put much notice on the difference between B36/8 intake compared to the B35 intake until now >.<

edit: where does the pipes lead to? behind the bumper? do you have a small cone filter on the end or .. ?
            It is a 4" silicone tubing + a 8" cone. It sits be hind the fog light an I took the euro tow hook cover to let fresh air in
            Projects Hartge,Alpina & AC Schnitzer Builds.http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=280601
            http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=227993
            http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=289362

DSC04926 by Raul Salinas, on FlickrDSC03413 by Raul Salinas, on Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by Xat1cZ View Post
              GL with the swap and don't hesitate to post some pics of the rebuild :up:
              Thanks dude. All the pics so far are on the build thread which i'm constantly updating. Your s38 M3 is beautiful :bow:

The Build:
              http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=191125

Comment

Originally posted by e30m3s54turbo View Post
                It is a 4" silicone tubing + a 8" cone. It sits be hind the fog light an I took the euro tow hook cover to let fresh air in
                Thanks for the info , I might be doing this for my car , I was originally thinking of putting on one of the Gruppe M style CF intakes like Simota offers and I've seen some by Racing Dynamics aswell altho' the latter isn't in production anymore ...

but I like your setup alot more than that :up:

Comment

Originally posted by ttrousdell View Post
                  Thanks dude. All the pics so far are on the build thread which i'm constantly updating. Your s38 M3 is beautiful :bow:
                  D'OH' didn't notice the link under your sig pic >.< , and thnx alot :D

Comment

Just as a heads up, I don't think it makes a difference but the alternator in your picture is from a 535 or 735 even though it says 91 M5 on it. The M5 units have the cooling port facing down not up.

Also, let's try to keep this thread exclusive to completed swap pictures. Good luck on your build!
                    Last edited by fronton; 03-10-2012, 04:26 PM.

Comment

I have a E30 M3 shell that is basically a blank canvas... Hmmmm.... How difficult are these swaps in relation to a 24v swap??
                      90 Merc Gaelendewagen
                      91 Alpine White M-technic 4-door
                      91 calypsorot M-technic S52 coupe
                      91 Silver M-technic 2 Cabrio
                      84 Alpina B6 #25/250
                      86 Zino BBS coupe
                      86 Schwartz 535i
                      88 Alpineweis M3
                      88 Alpineweis M3

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Wiggles View Post
                        I have a E30 M3 shell that is basically a blank canvas... Hmmmm.... How difficult are these swaps in relation to a 24v swap??
                        I can't really compare as the only other engine swap I've performed with a non-stock engine was a M30B35 to E34... M5...... and that was alot easier as there was alot more clearance.

So I imagine a S50 swap for example would be easier for clearance and it seems to be a general consensus that the S38 is a harder swap than M30, S50 etc. ... But I can give you a few pointers which you might have already heard but here goes !

If you don't fabricate your own engine mounts from scratch you can buy them from 300mm.de , the M30 has the same block so those should work, except the headers side as the S38... differs a little from the M30 on that side to put it gently.. so that needs fabricating.
                        The stock S38B38 headers was a tight fit around the control arm bushings at the end so I just heated them to bend them just a very little bit plus smaller control arm bushings.

As with cooling you have to fabricate your front end a little, or hammer in your firewall to be able to place a proper radiator up front.

As for wiring I had the entire engine wiring harness, connected to M3's round "male" connector which then ofc connects directly to the M3's "female" connector, makes for the easiest solution, now you just need a circuit diagram to figure out what to connect where.

The next thing you do is -

-fire the thing up
                        -listen
                        -enjoy
                        -take it for a drive
                        -enjoy some more

Hope something ^ helps ;)

Comment

That helps out a lot!!!

Thanks!!!
                          90 Merc Gaelendewagen
                          91 Alpine White M-technic 4-door
                          91 calypsorot M-technic S52 coupe
                          91 Silver M-technic 2 Cabrio
                          84 Alpina B6 #25/250
                          86 Zino BBS coupe
                          86 Schwartz 535i
                          88 Alpineweis M3
                          88 Alpineweis M3

Comment

I believe this car was done back in the early 90's. Mike Morris, (owner of Schneller) is still around doing this stuff. Unfortunately, the swap market took a different direction and I don't think he performs as many motor swaps as he did in the past. Just thought I would present this for those who haven't seen it. I wish I could find more on it.
                            Attached Files

Comment

that's a well executed front end. Really looks like a mini e34.
                              an extremely pugnacious, snarly little bastard of a car.

Comment

Yeah pretty cool styling; a taste of 80's...done tastefully.

Comment

Working...
                                X