325es noob build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BFT_Boyle View Post

New cat came in today and I swear it's the same one I have now. Only this one the numbers are still there where as mine were dragged/scratched off. I'm going to stop by the smog shop today and see if they will give me a pass on not having legible numbers on mine. I'd really rather not have to cut my exhaust apart :/
    Whats brand / type of thats cat?
    [ETA - E30 Adapters] 5 Lug kit with e46m3 front and e46 325/328i rear brake setup
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    [ETA - E30 Adapters] - 5 Lug kit | DTM Shifter | DSSR
    Transaction Feedback

Comment

Originally posted by ngampleh View Post
      Whats brand / type of thats cat?
      Magnaflow 32005? CA legal universal. 2.25 tube

Comment

Thanks man... gonna use 94005 for my m42 since my place no need CA legal
        [ETA - E30 Adapters] 5 Lug kit with e46m3 front and e46 325/328i rear brake setup
        [ETA - E30 Adapters] - 5 Lug kit | DTM Shifter | DSSR
        Transaction Feedback

Comment

Picked up a couple new bimmers today! [emoji13]

No new updates though. Been raining like crazy here in norcal. I was going to cut out the old cat during a break in the weather last week, but my brand new sawzall didn't come with a blade! Should of opened the box earlier. I'm shooting for the install this weekend and it's back to the smog shop Monday.

Comment

Hey guys transmission fluid vs. Differential fluid is there a difference? I can't find a clear answer. Also, the auto parts store only had Redline MTL 75/80 GL-4. Is that OK for LSD?

Comment

I think you need GL-5 for LSDs. You should be able to find it at a speed shop if there is one where you are. What part of NorCal?

OBDI M62B44/6 swap
              Transaction feedback
              - jpod999

Comment

They did have GL5 actually, but I saw a couple posts saying GL5 was a no no for the e30 LSD and G260 trans? I'm in placer/Nevada county area

Comment

OK so it looks like GL5 OK for LSD, but only GL4 for my G260. Seems to be the internet consensus.

Comment

New cat installed! No pics of my ugly ass welds. Best I could do with a sawzall and a MIG. Not to mention being on my back and having to fill in a partial 1/16" gap. Used a lighter to leak check and it all seems to be in good order. I have not changed out the diff or trans fluid yet, that will have to wait until next week.

Comment

Made it to work for the first time in the E30 :) no problem other than the oil and coolant light turns on after awhile (check lights) I'm thinking the sensors are on the fritz. Plenty of oil and coolant. Headed to smog shop on my way home and hopefully will walk out with the cert in hand.

Comment

Passed!!!!

Comment

Well I got my tags today 😁 just in time to start night classes tomorrow. Looking forward to commuting more in the e30 and shaking down all those little gremlins that haven't popped out yet.

Comment

Anyone else have heater issues with their E30? Fan works but the air seems to be just above ambient. My engine temp gauge never hits normal, just sits below. I guess that is good, but I sure could use some heat in the cabin. Gunked up heater core?

Comment

Ordered a pair of 10k mile old Bilstein sport inserts after realizing my front passager side is blown. At first I thought that my suspension was just really stiff, then a realized I'm just totally collapsing on that side when I go over bumps 😫. I can sit on the drive side fender and the car barely moves. Go to the passenger side and it totally sags. I am usually not a big fan of used, but $170 for the pair I had to jump. So this project started of at $600 for the car, and as of today I'm pretty sure I'm approaching the $2k total mark.

After I get the inserts, I just need new tires and I'll be done for awhile (I hope). I'm just hoping it will all be worth it. I am planning on handing this car down to my boy some day.

Comment

Got my replacement Bilstein sport inserts today. Going to keep the girl parked until I swap these out and replace my tires. They are cracked vibrate pretty bad above 60 mph....

Comment

Working...
                                X