Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paging r3v detectives... Whos car is this :(

First off backstory:

A few weeks ago Im rolling home from class, its 10am. I walk inside and go about my normal routine which includes eating something and hangin out. All the sudden I hear a loud explosion. F*&k, a meth lab just blew up in the ghetto neighbor hood a few blocks away... NBD. About 10 minutes later I walk outside to mire my e30 and I see smoke coming from the freeway (highway can been seen from my house)

So Im like sh*t, jump in my ride and immediately do a quick flyby. A semi truck caught fire and its all up in flames... Worst part is. its a car carrier trailer and theres 3 cars smoldering away as well.

I get a somewhat sh**ty obscured view of the inferno, flip off some nearby bystanders and then dip out.

okay now for the srs sh*t. Today im rolling down main street in utah. Theres a towing yard off to the right hand side and I can see the truck and its remains was towed there... Keep in mind its been there for a while. Ive driven past it several times. I just never noticed what was on the car carrier until now. I managed to make out what seemed to be a POS mercedes and some other glorified VW car in the inferno that day...

As most r3vers would say "no e30 no care" well thats exactly what went through my head.
    Until today.... The Lsx swapped widebody racecar...

All i can say is, Im a borderline suicidal and its not even my car. :(
    This thing is modded hard core. Custom rear diff, chassis supports. hugeee super nice 3 piece wheels, huge brakes. full cage. shit. Its so badass.

The big question is whos car is this? Does anyone recognize it? Its clear the car is a total loss. Does the owner even fucking know what happened?
    if this is in the wrong section mods pls move.
    Last edited by Dj Buttchug; 12-02-2012, 08:35 PM.

Turbo M42 Build Thread :Here
    Ig:ryno_pzk
    I like the tuna here.
    Originally posted by lambo
    Buttchug. The official poster child of r3v.

sweet christ.
    ***Affordable Powder Coating Here:***
    http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...=1#post2074588
    *** Bay Area/NorCal Fender Rolling Here: ***
    http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...29#post1989029

***If you've ever bought anything from/dealt with me please add feedback!!:
    http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=137611***

Thank You!

Comment

Hhaha oh damn that is crazy!!! That was a GRM car for 2010. The build was documented on here. I believe after the GRM challenge (Which I think it did very well in, maybe won) they took off the budget constraints and really built the car up nice and sold it.

That is truly tragic

Learn more about Great Chassis, Meet Great Engine: 1986 BMW E30 V8 on Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online.
      sigpic

Comment

Holy shit. That's the Vorschlag V8 LS1? I kept looking at the build thread and slobbering.
        Loved how that car looked and everything.
        Iirc, it was sold because they were building a new car for next season?

Comment

The GRM $2011 Challenge winner, and our 3 year labor of love E30 V8, is going to a new home. After 6000 views, 100 watchers, and lots of bids, the the eBay auction concluded with a new owner for this…

Cmon you could have done that.. That's awful though.

Comment

Originally posted by fusion View Post
            holy shit. That's the vorschlag v8 ls1? I kept looking at the build thread and slobbering.
            Loved how that car looked and everything.
            Iirc, it was sold because they were building a new car for next season?

holy fuck how did i not know that

I like the tuna here.

Comment

wow that is nucking futs

Comment

Wow so sad. Many hours were lost.. I hope he comes out ahead.

Think the temper would be gone in the wheels rendering them useless? They are Classics.

Comment

I think the rears might be usable since the rubber didn't melt off, but front left looks bad.

Comment

A note to the new owner who will probably see this at some point:

Im sorry I did not see your car on the trailer at the time of the accident. I would have left my car in moving traffic, immediately spider monkey'd over a fence, braved a wild chicken/ donkey enclosure, jumped over a ditch then sprinted 50 yards and risked my life to un strap this car and save it from the fire.

edit. To the douche bystanders who did nothing, even when the fire was small... shame on you

I like the tuna here.

Comment

OMG!

Thats Vorshlag's 2011 GRM challenge car!! Holy shit!
                      Its a 2011$ LS V8, e36 suspension,

Its been obviously sorted a bit since the challenge (cage etc) but thats definitly the car...
                      -Jay

2014 NASA FL se30 champ #81
                      2001 se46 3 year plan in progress

Comment

hold on. uploading pic from the day it happened

I like the tuna here.

Comment

That's what I'm thinking Carlos, holy shit!!! What the hell happened!?

'73 2002 m20 turbo [sold] '87 rat rod 325is [couch modded] '91 vert [daily] '88 325is [spec build v1] '84 325 [spec build v2] '99 323i vert [sold]

Comment

Belina its Jay. do you need a tetanus shot
                            -Jay

2014 NASA FL se30 champ #81
                            2001 se46 3 year plan in progress

Comment

It was sold on eBay. They had a 20k BIN I think, if memory serves.

Comment

Working...
                              X