No announcement yet.

FS: 5-lug Kit | E36 & E46 Hub & Caliper Adapters for E30! | Rear Big Brake Kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd be very willing to buy. It just seems too good to be true lol. I'm in about $400 into my front 5 lug and I still have another $800 to go and thats just the fronts.
    With this it's like doing a bearing job and the only things I need to buy are no more expensive then standard e30 equipment.

So this top nut counter rotates and puts pressure on the actual spindle and spindle nut to keep it from rotating? Could a simple safety wire or pin be drilled and installed instead? This would be my only concern. Putting counter pressure on the spindle seems like it would be putting a ton of stress on a bolt thats already torqued to 210lbs. not to mention spindles get very hot

Comment

Originally posted by iansane View Post
      Possible to get just the sleeves?
      Which sleeves?

Originally posted by BenjaminButtton View Post
      Will this be something that's available in large quantities in the future?
      Yes, why not. The shop has these pre-made, and if they run out of kits - they just make new in a few days.

Originally posted by Vtec?lol View Post
      I'd be very willing to buy. It just seems too good to be true lol. I'm in about $400 into my front 5 lug and I still have another $800 to go and thats just the fronts.
      With this it's like doing a bearing job and the only things I need to buy are no more expensive then standard e30 equipment.

So this top nut counter rotates and puts pressure on the actual spindle and spindle nut to keep it from rotating? Could a simple safety wire or pin be drilled and installed instead? This would be my only concern. Putting counter pressure on the spindle seems like it would be putting a ton of stress on a bolt thats already torqued to 210lbs. not to mention spindles get very hot
      Well this method originally was made to make it cheaper. We dont have M3's here, which means posibilities for a swap are very limited. But remember you still need two new hubs with bearings, rotors, calipers, 5-lug wheels.. Yes, its cheaper, but still requires some investment.

It would be really hard to put a pin there, the bearing nut only has enough 'meat' to put a key, and you dont want to drill that, so i would say no. Regarding the locking nut - the shop told me that a lot of people dont use it, they just glue the bearing nut and thats it. You dont need to put a lot of pressure on the locking nut, just enough to disallow rotation of the bearing nut.
      5-lug Kit | E36 & E46 Hub & Brake Adaptor for E30!
      Leave feedback about my transactions!
      sigpic

Comment

in for more updates

Comment

Bump! Can ship next day :)
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Max399 View Post
            Which sleeves?
            The bearing sleeve. The piece that actually adapts the e30 spindle to the e36 hub. I already have brake options so I don't need the brake bracket. And what do you think shipping is like to the US?
            84 325e - 91 325i - 92 318 touring - 91 Trans Am - 01 S4 avant - 03 S-type R - 96 F350
            Manual swap all the things!

Comment

i want this

Turbo M42 Build Thread :Here
              Ig:ryno_pzk
              I like the tuna here.
              Originally posted by lambo
              Buttchug. The official poster child of r3v.

Comment

Originally posted by iansane View Post
                The bearing sleeve. The piece that actually adapts the e30 spindle to the e36 hub. I already have brake options so I don't need the brake bracket. And what do you think shipping is like to the US?
                I will ask, and send you a PM on that.

Originally posted by Dj Buttchug View Post
                i want this
                Will PM when i get home.

Sent from Nexus 5
                sigpic

Comment

Sub'd

Comment

Hey guys, since i do not have the opportunity to install these adapters right now, i need some help with setting up an installation guide. For that - i am willing to refund a the shipping costs and pay them myself, that way the adapters will cost you 200$. All you need to do is take good pictures during the installation.
                    sigpic

Comment

such a great deal
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by pilotskillse30 View Post
                        such a great deal
                        Thank you :)
                        sigpic

Comment

Bump :)
                          sigpic

Comment

The 200$ offer taken. Will be waiting for installation pictures from user whodwho.
                            sigpic

Comment

Just want to make sure I read your post correctly, these will work with stock e36 325 calipers and rotors and give you e36 offset for wheels?
                              1988 BMW 325iS

Comment

Are e36 or e46 wheel bearing beefier than an e30's?

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
                                Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

Working...
                                X