Nonsense Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Miata doesn't want to be sold.

Potential buyer took it for a test drive yesterday, came back and parked it. I left it there until this morning I had to move it to get the Audi out.

Move the Miata, move the Audi, back the Miata back into the driveway. When I press the brake the final time, I feel something give and the pedal went straight to the floor. Tried to pump it and can't get any pressure.

I'm hoping a line just came loose.... But I guess tonight I'll be searching for leaks. The front calipers are just about brand new so they better be good.

I think the Miata is just destined to eventually get a Turbo 5.3.
    No E30 Club
    Originally posted by MrBurgundy
    Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

Being unemployed isn't so bad. I always liked it.
      world renown Harry Potter expert
      sigpic

Comment

I'd rather make money, but that's me.
        No E30 Club
        Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

Originally posted by exodus_2pt0 View Post
          i think the miata is just destined to eventually get a turbo 5.3.
          Mazda KL V6.

Comment

I have read a little about them, I hear they can turn bike-like rpms.

Also, looks like I split the rear line. Still have fluid in the front reserve on the reservoir, rear is empty with some fluid leaking near mid point. Oh well, its been a while since I broke out the flair tool.
            No E30 Club

Comment

Look up Leo's 323 drag car with the KL V6. Turns 11,000RPM and does 10 second 1/4 miles NA. Motor only weighs roughly 120kg too.

Edit: At work, so all I can do is grab links. I think this is the right video though.

Last edited by Hooffenstein HD; 07-28-2015, 05:58 PM.

Comment

We haven't had overtime in more than a year. Now that I've temp transferred to another department, we're wide open and so far I've had 3 extra 4 hour shifts this week.

My body is saying no, but my bank account says yes.
                Originally posted by priapism
                My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
                Originally posted by shameson
                Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

I know the feeling. I've racked up almost 150 hours of OT this year. I'm pretty much done with it though, ready to just spend time with my daughter.
                  No E30 Club

Comment

Sad as hell. I was about to scoop up some Borbet Type Cs as summer wheels and turns out the guy sold them. $200 with tires too!

Stuck on these bottlecaps. ;n;
                    "Leafeon" '92 Lagunengrun 325i Vert (Daily Driver/Project)
                    http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=366044
                    The stickers make it go faster. :nice:

Comment

Bottle caps do better skids.

Comment

Insomnia.

Comment

Originally posted by UlrichFennec View Post
                          Sad as hell. I was about to scoop up some Borbet Type Cs as summer wheels and turns out the guy sold them. $200 with tires too!

Stuck on these bottlecaps. ;n;
                          Type C's aren't worth much. I just sold a set of 16's with BMW roundel center caps and mounted winter tires for $300 recently
                          If it's got tits or tires, it's gonna cost ya!

Comment

Just got back from the body shop where the e30 is being stripped and having all rust repaired (cut out and new metal fabricated). Shop's price went up an additional 4-500 as a result of the additional rust found. No problem with me, as the total cost of repainting and rust repair will stay under 5g's.

Shop was amazed that besides the front end being peppered with stone chips, the car was in "very good" overall shape.

After this, she's up for sale!

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley Rockafella View Post
                              Just got back from the body shop where the e30 is being stripped and having all rust repaired (cut out and new metal fabricated). Shop's price went up an additional 4-500 as a result of the additional rust found. No problem with me, as the total cost of repainting and rust repair will stay under 5g's.

Shop was amazed that besides the front end being peppered with stone chips, the car was in "very good" overall shape.

After this, she's up for sale!
                              Approximately how much rust is there for that kind of money? I know I have rust around those two squares on the floor pans (from people thinking they were jacking points), rust on the rocker section of my drivers fender, and a couple tiny other spots like around that evap tank hose in the trunk.... I haven't gotten any quotes on it yet but... I know it'll be expensive. At least 3k I bet. My mom had rust repaired on her two rear fender wells and it cost a little over 900, so I'm going off of that kind of scale. And once I'm out of college... You know what, that'll be my little splurge.

--Mike
                              (OO=[][]=OO) For Life

Comment

there's some under the fuse box, bottom of both fenders (and by those squares you mentioned), rear battery box, evap tank hose and battery cable (on passenger side rear well), and there was some surface rust on the bottom of the b pillars where it meets the rockers. There was also some lurking under the rear IS spoiler too, they cut out and spliced in new metal there too. He's also fixing the lip where the stock jack pinched the metal over. Very common, but it's all getting cut out and replaced. The rest of the rockers are solid. Some of the rust is due to the stock splash guards causing rust to accumulate behind them. The new setup will have no splash guards and no rocker guard on the lower portions...body color (to match the lines with the IS front spoiler).

After the work is done, they are applying an oil based product to all the weep holes and lower areas where water pools. This will slow/prevent any further rusting in the future.

Most shops in the Vancouver area quoted me about 10g for this work (incl a proper respray). I'm getting a killer deal at under 5 for new metal, but then again, my car has been in the shop since late Feb :/

thinking of asking about 12g's for the car considering it's mostly stock status (stock suspension with many replaced OEM/better than OEM parts) and almost perfect interior (no cracked dash, cloth sport seats) and fully loaded. Only thing missing is drivers seat doesn't heat up anymore. Might fix that to get asking price. Mileage is about 110k miles. EVERYTHING works as intended...even the power antenna and a/c (yes, I can be a bit anal about maintenance).

some major things replaced:
                                front control arm bushings (e36m3 solids) and control arms
                                tie rod ends
                                complete ds
                                rear sub frame bushings
                                head gasket/tb/tensioner/associated bits and pieces
                                battery

there's more, but I can't remember off the top of my head
                                Last edited by Stanley Rockafella; 08-05-2015, 11:55 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X