What is this Panjo crap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks a bunch, James.

You get used to panjo. Its annoying to have to register for something else and it has its quirks. Hopefully in the end, this change will allow you to focus on growing this site and events.

Comment

I think the forum is lucky that James is so transparent with this. I still remember the days of e30sport, and when it fell, how r3v was started up to fill the void and when the whole Jordan collapse happened. We are fortunate that James has been kind enough to continue to run with this despite all the nancy bullshit that seems to occur (and myself as well as other members are pretty much insulated from). So, James, bravo. ;) I'll embrace whatever change is necessary from my end.

And what happened to e30tech? I saw a mention of that and see they're down? lol
      - Sean Hayes

Comment

I see where you are coming from James but saying you can't ask someone to manage the classifieds section is kind of redundant because that's what a moderators job is to moderate the forum.. So as far as that goes make a group of classified only mods. We have many mods maybe add some more to pick up the slack of the one who are no longer as active on the board. I do however feel like Panjo could possible dwindle down the number of forsale threads cause it's human nature to take the path of least resistance and with the old setup it was click and post now with the registering stuff I see many people just saying eff it and either junking said part or only advertise locally through the grape vine per say.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
        1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
        Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
        Mtech 2 turbo restoration
        Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

I hate change, and hate panjo, but seeing as I don't have an e30 anymore, yet continue to use this forum to sell items and get info from, I can deal. Though, in my opinion, there are better ways to fund the site if that is the issue.

R3v donation thread?

We've had similar threads in the past with success.

Comment

On another forum, you have to be a donating member to post items in the classifieds. $20 minimum. I don't think it's a perfect solution but it seems to work against both scammers and supporting the site.

Comment

The switch to Panjo went poorly on the worlds largest audi site. No one uses it and they brought back the regular classified with the option to use Panjo. The same will happen here. It is just a shitty service plain and simple.

And for the record, E30tech died because Chris went MIA and no one could approve new member applications, not because of the fee.
              Originally posted by Sonny
              I am a meme for our community.

Comment

After seeing what's involved I'm not using Panjo. If that means I can't list items here for sale until this experiment concludes as it undoubtedly should, then so be it.

I'd be happy to support the community, though.

Comment

Originally posted by ThatOneEuroE30 View Post
                  I see where you are coming from James but saying you can't ask someone to manage the classifieds section is kind of redundant because that's what a moderators job is to moderate the forum.. So as far as that goes make a group of classified only mods. We have many mods maybe add some more to pick up the slack of the one who are no longer as active on the board. I do however feel like Panjo could possible dwindle down the number of forsale threads cause it's human nature to take the path of least resistance and with the old setup it was click and post now with the registering stuff I see many people just saying eff it and either junking said part or only advertise locally through the grape vine per say.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                  My "job" is working in engineering. R3v is a hobby. None of us get paid to put up with scammers, spam, and users with bad behavior and attitudes.

None of us have the time to spend all day policing the classifieds. You can get more mods but its still not going to happen.
                  Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

I don't see the problem, James gets some of his life back, r3v gets some money, and the 6% fees aren't mandatory. Bimmerforums have been using Panjo for a while and haven't had any serious problems that I know of. I think in a couple of months we'll all forget about all of this and be using Panjo without second thought. I do think this change would have gone over better if r3v had a heads up though. For those who didn't know what Panjo was before I can see them being sketched out.
                    My Garage
                    2001 Z3 2.5i Steel Gray/Black (Lexi)
                    1988 325ix Diamond Schwartz/Black (Izzy)
                    1989 325i Cirrus Blue/Houndstooth (Stitch)
                    Feedback

Instagram: Stone.Hopkins

Comment

If donating is all it takes to keep this forum going, I am all for it, as far as registering with Panjo is a no, I rather junk the parts or list them on ebay, too much of a hassle for nothing.
                      Sad that I can't even post a wanted ad.

Comment

What is this Panjo crap

Took me all of three minutes to register with panjo and make an ad

Tapatalk
                        Last edited by sonomabimmers; 07-06-2016, 06:54 PM.
                        i love bmws

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Originally posted by agent View Post
                          Sorry about that - it wasn't a clickable link until I edited it, though I may have grabbed too much.
                          No worries!

instagram: @tonerrrr
                          High resolution E30 Fuse Box 300dpi PNG

Comment

Originally posted by James Crivellone View Post
                            The world is not free, every month I get hosting bills, we have server upgrades and replacement, licensing fee's, etc.. it all adds up..
                            James, as a fellow forum admin and a DevOps guy, have you looked into migrating to AWS?

Could represent a significant cost cut. I don't think you'd need a very big instance to handle r3v's traffic.

I run a pub-trivia bot on a p2p network from AWS from their free "micro-instance" tier, and it's been dead reliable since I fired it up.
                            past:
                            1989 325is (learner shitbox)
                            1986 325e (turbo dorito)
                            1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
                            1985 323i baur
                            current:
                            1995 M3 (suspension, 17x9/255-40, borla)

Comment

was able to post want ad:)

I already have a panjo account and I figured out how to do a want ad, they, panjo, need to work on the program to make it more user friendly:)
                              I for one would not have a problem with giving to this forum each year to keep it going...if it happens through panjo, that is fine too.
                              I can not do my projects without this forum!!!:)
                              jm

Comment

damn. Lots of flack from everyone so far. Im interested to see how it pans out but as someone mentioned above a specific moderator for each for sale section could potentially work. Myself and many others are active on the site everyday for several hours. For those who have the time and are willing I think it would be a good gesture to offer services to R3v by way of moderation. I know I wouldn't mind keeping a specific section in order. I already remove enough spam as it is...

Turbo M42 Build Thread :Here
                                Ig:ryno_pzk
                                I like the tuna here.
                                Originally posted by lambo
                                Buttchug. The official poster child of r3v.

Comment

Working...
                                X