Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New E30 Channel

Hey guys!

So my two cousins and I have decided to start a YouTube channel. We know nothing about YouTube, but we have a lot of fun working on our cars and we've learned a lot from watching other people's videos so we wanted to try our hand at it.

The name of the channel is HYO Motoring. I'll provide a link below. We're currently working on our first video. We're learning a lot about these videos from other channels, namely Salt City Euros (shoutout for their amazing videography and overall professionalism) and Eurogarage (another shoutout for making amazing videos and a great turbo build).

However, our channel will be a bit different from these channels. Whereas these channels are run by people who know what they're doing, this one is not. We are still learning. Learning about making videos. Learning about working on cars. It's just us making videos about what we love to do.

My cousin and I both have E30s, I have a white 1987 325is and my cousin has a grey 1991 318is that we're both trying to return back to their former glory. Our other cousin changes it up a bit. He has a 1970 Datsun 240Z that is currently undergoing some *very* extensive rust repair and a 1993 Mazda RX7 that's getting fitted with a nice big 67mm turbo.

If you wanna check us out, we just uploaded our first picture on Instagram. Also, if you have any constructive criticism, comments, anything for us, it is all very welcome and much appreciated. Thanks.

Instagram

Facebook

YouTube
    We make videos about our cars. We have a 1987 325is, a 1991 318is, a 1970 Datsun 240Z, and a 1993 Mazda RX7

Check out our YouTube channel here to see updates and cool videos!

Follow us on Instagram or like us on Facebook: @hyomotoring

Well, since you don't have any content out yet, why don't you tell us more about the cars? I'm particularly interested in the Datsun.

Comment

Originally posted by rturbo 930 View Post
      Well, since you don't have any content out yet, why don't you tell us more about the cars? I'm particularly interested in the Datsun.
      Haha, I can see from your signature that you're very interested in Datsuns. We're planning to introduce everything in our first video, but I'll tell you a little bit about the cars now.

My cousin bought the Datsun a little over three years ago. For about two years after that, we were mostly doing small things here and there while we tried to learn what the heck we got ourselves into. Then, we uncovered the rust bucket lying beneath the seemingly clean body panels. We soon realized that we wouldn't be able to do the job alone. We gave it to a guy we know to get new floors welded in and we're (im)patiently waiting for it's arrival.

I bought my 325is about a year after my cousin got his Datsun. Since I got it, I realized that it had gone through a very rough life and I've been working to get it back to how it was meant to be. I've refreshed the engine, installed a new transmission, gotten it painted, and have done extensive body work on it. This car has basically been our canvas on which we've learned the most about cars.

My other cousin bought his 318is about a year ago. Before that he had an E21 320is that wasn't running and had the recaro seats that were worth more than he paid for the car, a german imported 323i that was really cool and we still regret getting rid of, and a miata that was fun for the few months before he realized how impractical those little convertibles are. The car had a gone through a bad paint job. Whoever painted it decided not to take of any panels or moldings or trim or anything and just tape and pray. They got new badges though, so that's a plus! Anyway, a couple of months after getting that, I was having some fun with it in the snow when it overheated. Now, we're trying to assess the damage and decide if we wanna revive the nearly extinct M42 or swap in something else.

The RX7 is a relatively new addition to the family. We found it for sale but didn't know if the engine was working. For the price, it was worth the risk. Because of our luck, however, the engine of course wasn't working. We found someone that specializes in RX7s because we don't really know anything about rotaries and he's currently swapping in a new motor. One day, he called up my cousin and said, "I've got a guy that's trying to get rid of a single turbo swap." So now my cousin's RX7 is gonna be pushing around 400hp to the wheels when he gets it back in a couple of weeks.

We'll be posting pictures and videos of all of these cars so stay tuned. Follow us on Instagram, Facebook, and subscribe on YouTube for updates.
      We make videos about our cars. We have a 1987 325is, a 1991 318is, a 1970 Datsun 240Z, and a 1993 Mazda RX7

Comment

New Video

Hey guys. We just uploaded a video onto our YouTube channel. If you guys could check it out and give us some feedback, that would be great. In this video, we just showed the current state of the 318is. We will be showing the status of all of our cars soon. If you guys have any ideas of future videos you would like to see from us, feel free to leave them here. If you enjoyed our video please subscribe!

Here's the link: https://youtu.be/gFTWLQBM-QQ
        Last edited by hyomotoring; 11-05-2016, 04:04 PM.

Comment

I'd recommend speeding up the pace of the video if anything. Cut out the times when nothing's happening, as most people don't have the patience to watch a 10 minute video of doing a compression test.
          Making videos is a steep learning curve, we're still finding our way too
          sigpic

(clicky on piccy to get to thread)

Comment

New Video!

Thanks for the input!

Since the general consensus seems to be that we need to keep our videos shorter, we've just uploaded a short introduction to my 1987 325is. Check it out here!

Also, your comments are much appreciated. If you guys see anything we're doing wrong, I'm sure the wonderful people of the internet won't hesitate to point it out, but we'd like to hear from you guys who aren't just talking crap and who actually know what they're doing. All helpful comments are welcome.

Comment

Hey, any questions. Feel free to message me. I know the YouTube game pretty well. Also editing, recording. Good luck man! Hopefully I can make content along with you guys. I am just lazy.
              20% Accurate

Morty: Well Summer maybe people that create things aren’t concerned with your delicate sensibilities you know? Maybe the species that communicate with each other through a filter of your comfort are less evolved that the ones that just communicate? Maybe your problems are your own to deal with and maybe the public giving a shit about your feelings is a one way ticket to extinction.

Comment

Haven't watched yet. But subscribed and I'll be checking them out later.

Comment

Patiently waiting for Datsun content...

Comment

Working...
                  X