No announcement yet.

Replacing the E30 Heater Core and Valve

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there a rebuild kit for these heater control valves like there is for the E28's?? Mine is shot and I need to see if there is a rebuild kit available.

Comment

I will circle somethings and add these to the correct steps later tonight
      updates?

Comment

I updated it, but I would still like to get a few more pictures in there, sorry guys this has taken all winter

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/657387

Comment

Did this yesterday and when you are prying the valve away from the core, put some paper towel or newspaper down, or coolant will leak all over your carpet.

Oh and on the square nuts superglue them in place on the new heater core to prevent them from falling out while trying to reattach the valve to the core
          Continuous For Sale Thread
          323i s50

Comment

Good call on the superglue Courtney - I'd forgotten I'd smeared some RTV on them & around the joint, just to play it safe.

Thanks for jogging my memory - maybe that'll help someone else.

It's not how you handle the good times, but the faith you keep in the bad that defines you.

Comment

Originally posted by LINUS View Post
              Good call on the superglue Courtney - I'd forgotten I'd smeared some RTV on them & around the joint, just to play it safe.

Thanks for jogging my memory - maybe that'll help someone else.
              yeah ask me how I know :-x Can't even finish up and test because no one carries these around here. Have to wait to get them from dealer tomorrow.
              323i s50

Comment

Originally posted by Court M3 View Post
                yeah ask me how I know :-x Can't even finish up and test because no one carries these around here. Have to wait to get them from dealer tomorrow.
                and wouldn't you know there are only 33 of them in the country right now and BMW did not ship any packages today :( Waiting to see if they get them tomorrow
                323i s50

Comment

Originally posted by nefarious7907 View Post
                  I updated it, but I would still like to get a few more pictures in there, sorry guys this has taken all winter

thanks alot man! this really helps me out.

Comment

You would really want to have one of these and a screwgun of some sort

Like this
                    Last edited by StereoInstaller1; 05-11-2009, 08:36 AM.

Closing SOON!
                    "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

Thats an interesting contraption

Comment

im gonna need this....

M52 |S52 Cams|E36 Rack Swap|GC Coilover Kit |. . . . . . . . . More To Come

Comment

Pulled the hearter core out and its still leaking......This shit it driving me Nuts....

M52 |S52 Cams|E36 Rack Swap|GC Coilover Kit |. . . . . . . . . More To Come

Comment

probably from the firewall connections. Did you drain the fluid?
                            323i s50

Comment

I pulled out my heatercore and outlet pipe, the inlet pipe was attached to something and I couldnt get it out. But its still fawking leaking after a few days!

What the hell!???!

Comment

Did you lube the O rings with some oil before you installed them? If one of the O rings didnt seat just so you are bound to have another leak, but you need to find out what exactly is leaking. If its the core itself I would return it or exchange it

Comment

Working...
                                X