Reputable Bodyshop in Seattle, WA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reputable Bodyshop in Seattle, WA

Just moved to the Seattle area this weekend and was sideswiped by an 83 y/o asian lady in a benz. Such a sad welcome to a beautiful city, but I have no bodyshop or repair-shop knowledge in this area.

Can anyone suggest a good shop that can repair my rear qtr. panel/bumper and make her as good as new?

tasty

Haury's Lake City Collision comes to mind, they have done work on my 95 325is and 90 M3 in the past and I was happy with the results. They are also a sponsor of the BMW CCA Puget Sound chapter, so if you are a BMW CCA member I think they will offer a discount.

Daniel
    1990 M3 - http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=376104
    2011 328i Sport Wagon - 6sp Manual, RWD, Sport

Comment

Mark Israel at Eurotech. No affiliation, but they've done all my work for 15 yrs, from a 911 to an old toyota 4x4.

1991 349is (wadded up)
      1984 Rabbit 2.0L16v swap (wife's)
      2003 LR Disco II (wife's)
      1993 MB 400SEL (son 1's)
      1980 MB 450SEL (son 2's)
      2004 KTM 525 EXC-R SM Sold:(

Comment

Thanks guys, just got a quote from Haury's (10 min drive from my place)

Was very impressed with what they had to say.
        tasty

Comment

Nothing wrong with Haury's-
          other good shops would be
          Holman's on Roosevelt at 73rd,
          and since you're there,
          Cook's, on NE 85th just west of Lake City.
          t
          now, sometimes I just mess with people. It's more entertaining that way. george graves

Comment

I just moved up here from CA a year ago. Iv almost been side swiped 4 or 5 times. People in WA are decent drivers, but no one at all around here understands how to merge. When ever there is merging traffic you have to be super aware of whats happening because it gets sketchy fast. I almost got hit today, and then the guy swerved back into his lane, sped up, and then almost hit the car in front of me trying to merge again. He never used his indicator ones.
            Hope you get the car fixed up well.
            sigpic
            "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten."

Comment

Merge? what is this merge thing you speak of???

heh.

For the first time in a few years, I saw the 'full stop' version- white 'vette
              getting 'onto' 520 west at Montlake. He parked it, even though 520 traffic gave
              him a nice big window. The difference from a few years back is that eventually,
              the honking began...

t
              now, sometimes I just mess with people. It's more entertaining that way. george graves

Comment

Hey Guys,

Just wanted to update this thread. My car has been at Haury's since Oct 26th, and they're making things very difficult. One thing I requested up front was to have all the replaced parts given back to me once the repairs are complete. I made sure to get this in writing before any work began.

I should also note that they had to do the job twice because they totally botched the first attempt. Check out what they tried to get me to walk away with on the first go round:

Well the repairs are "complete" on the 2nd attempt, but Haury's are unable to provide my replacement parts, namely the wheel that was allegedly replaced from the cosmetic damage. They claim they "accidentally" recycled the wheel, and they'll get me a replacement for the wheel with original damage. Smells like fraud...

At any rate, they billed over 1k higher than insurance was willing to pay, and I even gave them business for out of pocket work...

Does anyone have experience with dealing with a shop that cannot provide replaced parts? I'm well aware of my rights as a consumer under WA: 46.71.021.

I just want my baby back.
                tasty

Comment

Originally posted by s0urce View Post
                  Hey Guys,

Just wanted to update this thread. My car has been at Haury's since Oct 26th, and they're making things very difficult. One thing I requested up front was to have all the replaced parts given back to me once the repairs are complete. I made sure to get this in writing before any work began.

I should also note that they had to do the job twice because they totally botched the first attempt. Check out what they tried to get me to walk away with on the first go round:

Well the repairs are "complete" on the 2nd attempt, but Haury's are unable to provide my replacement parts, namely the wheel that was allegedly replaced from the cosmetic damage. They claim they "accidentally" recycled the wheel, and they'll get me a replacement for the wheel with original damage. Smells like fraud...

At any rate, they billed over 1k higher than insurance was willing to pay, and I even gave them business for out of pocket work...

Does anyone have experience with dealing with a shop that cannot provide replaced parts? I'm well aware of my rights as a consumer under WA: 46.71.021.

I just want my baby back.
                  I have heard a few similar stories, from random groups on FB.
                  That note is a promissory agreement, so in court, they would owe the parts and wheel back to you

I use and recomend 5 star autobody in Vancouver WA. I know its a bit of a drive for most, but the guys there that paint, own business, do hot rods, custom everything, and there was no BS. Super chill, and booked a month out ( that is good )

there going to repaint the whole front on my e36, and hood. Google ratings for them is 4.9

Please leave feedback below, thanks

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=358170

Comment

Sorry to hear. They've been a long time sponsor of the E30 community. Lots of people have used them for lots of things without incident, over the years. Good to know...
                    '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Originally posted by Austin! View Post
                      Sorry to hear. They've been a long time sponsor of the E30 community. Lots of people have used them for lots of things without incident, over the years. Good to know...
                      I'm giving the owner Jeff an opportunity to make things right. I'll update on the outcome.
                      tasty

Comment

I am also having a problem with them. Although my problem is with quality control, not receiving old parts. They are really dragging their feet when it comes to fixing their mistakes. They have had my car basically since march. It was involved in a collision, then a week after getting it back it was hit again. A fair amount of that time has been them trying to fix mistakes during the repair process. Most recently they have had it for almost three weeks because there was a defect in the plastic of the replacement bumper (along with other issues). They didn't notice it but I did when we picked it up. At first they claimed it was from getting tapped by another car in my possession (not possible as I noticed when we were pulling off of their lot), then they agreed it's a defect. The kicker is now they aren't replacing it until they get Audi to agree to replace the bumper and pay for their labor. They basically have my car hostage over a bumper cover (when I have spent north of 20k at their shop this year, with a large amount as out of pocket).

It's been a long year of dealing with them, while they have been great with help in handling the legal aspect and keeping us up to date, the quality control is really lacking. That compounded with their most recent dragging of feet to fix the mistakes is really getting on my nerves.
                        Originally posted by Sonny
                        I am a meme for our community.

Comment

Originally posted by DrJosh View Post
                          I am also having a problem with them. Although my problem is with quality control, not receiving old parts. They are really dragging their feet when it comes to fixing their mistakes. They have had my car basically since march. It was involved in a collision, then a week after getting it back it was hit again. A fair amount of that time has been them trying to fix mistakes during the repair process. Most recently they have had it for almost three weeks because there was a defect in the plastic of the replacement bumper (along with other issues). They didn't notice it but I did when we picked it up. At first they claimed it was from getting tapped by another car in my possession (not possible as I noticed when we were pulling off of their lot), then they agreed it's a defect. The kicker is now they aren't replacing it until they get Audi to agree to replace the bumper and pay for their labor. They basically have my car hostage over a bumper cover (when I have spent north of 20k at their shop this year, with a large amount as out of pocket).

It's been a long year of dealing with them, while they have been great with help in handling the legal aspect and keeping us up to date, the quality control is really lacking. That compounded with their most recent dragging of feet to fix the mistakes is really getting on my nerves.
                          I like how your being punished for a mistake that was not your fault. Makes sense...

Please leave feedback below, thanks

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=358170

Comment

Originally posted by Matt-B View Post
                            I like how your being punished for a mistake that was not your fault. Makes sense...
                            It's incredibly frustrating. We have had to return the car probably close to 5 times after picking it up due to issues being found. That's not including the multiple times I have had to readjust the exhaust tips and install parts that they mailed to us because they forgot to order/install by the time we were scheduled to pick it up. Now that it is being held is just icing on the cake. I really hope we do not have problems with the paintwork down the road as I do not want to see what that kind of warranty work will look like.

Our service advisory is very friendly/helpful though.
                            Originally posted by Sonny
                            I am a meme for our community.

Comment

I have used Haury's and also Foreign Auto Rebuild for an Audi S4; both were good. FAR in my opinion was a better experience, and better quality work.

Comment

Working...
                              X