MY DIY fender roller

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MY DIY fender roller

I built this over a year ago and loaned it out. The person never could figure out how to use it. It has just been sitting in a drawer since then.

I made some new spacers for my car and decided to try it out. It works great!

I got the rears damn near flat in ten minutes a side.

I installed 20mm spacers in the rear and 18mm in the front. Could have gone almost 30 in the rear though. I might make some this week and do just that.

Nice work. Looks pretty self explanitory to me. May I borrow it?

Comment

Good work! How easily can such a tool PULL the fenders though?
      Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

Looks just like the EastWood unit.
        My 2.9L Build!

Originally posted by Ernest Hemingway
        There are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games.

Comment

Very cool.

Someone should make up a bunch of 10mm or so spacers and sell them for reasonable prices. ;)

Comment

nice

did a lot of paint crack?
            Originally posted by blunt
            can you get me a deal on cases of their (fiji) bottled water? i wash my 02 in that shit

Comment

Wow, man, nice job...mighty similar to the Eastwood. How did they not figure out how to use it?
              Originally posted by ColdAccord View Post
              nice

did a lot of paint crack?
              I have the Eastwood roller. I have done several E30s, all cracked except Mr. Andersons...we heated that paint HOT, way hotter than I have ever tried before. Virtually zero cracking, except where his paint was already cracked.

Closing SOON!
              "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

Actually the paint did not crack at all. Could be something about the 10 year old crappy repaint my car had.

I think pulling fenders with one of these would be damn near impossible without a steel roller wheel and a oxy/acetylene torch with a rosebud.. The rear arch isnt perfectly symetrical so the arc that the roller makes would have to be constantly adjusted.

I think the other folks who tried it did not realize it was adjustable. I collapsed it for ease of transport when I gave it to them.

Comment

Awesome dude. You made that?!
                  -Chris

Comment

You could make some decent money and provide a great service to the community by renting that thing out.
                    Matt

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by alpinaclone View Post
                      You could make some decent money and provide a great service to the community by renting that thing out.
                      I would never rent my Eastwood out, too afeared it would get hurt.

I think it is odd that 2 of the 3 or 4 rollers on this board are in the same town.

Closing SOON!
                      "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

MY diy fender roller

Originally posted by george graves

Are you kidding me? That nerd doesn't even know how his dick works, let alone a car.

Comment

Shit son, I need one of those! Looks awesome though.
                          1985 325e 2.8 Turbo VEMS

Comment

Originally posted by alpinaclone View Post
                            I tried something like that before and it didnt work out. I made a valve spring compressor for watercooled VW heads. Tried it out and it worked great, loaned it out to another person who used it and loaned it out to another guy who damaged it, who in turn loaned it out to a guy who, not noticing the damage used it and damaged his head. Then this guy that I didnt even know came to me saying that I owed him a new head because my tool fucked his head up and threatened me with a lawyer. I grabbed a used "dime a dozen" 8V head out of my scrap aluminum pile and gave it to him just to get the situation over with.

The last thing I want to do is spend my time mailing out a 20lb package to someone who ends up hurting themself while using it, or damages their car, cracks the paint or whatever and then try to come back at me because of my "shitty homemade tool". No thanks, Not again.

Comment

Originally posted by ditchdigger View Post
                              I tried something like that before and it didnt work out. I made a valve spring compressor for watercooled VW heads. Tried it out and it worked great, loaned it out to another person who used it and loaned it out to another guy who damaged it, who in turn loaned it out to a guy who, not noticing the damage used it and damaged his head. Then this guy that I didnt even know came to me saying that I owed him a new head because my tool fucked his head up and threatened me with a lawyer. I grabbed a used "dime a dozen" 8V head out of my scrap aluminum pile and gave it to him just to get the situation over with.

The last thing I want to do is spend my time mailing out a 20lb package to someone who ends up hurting themself while using it, or damages their car, cracks the paint or whatever and then try to come back at me because of my "shitty homemade tool". No thanks, Not again.
                              Can I borrow it? ;)
                              I will sign a waver, and pay shipping! ;)
                              I will not ask for head.
                              '89 "is" = M technic II build mode.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X