• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kansas-ix View Post
    As for me personally I like the old Ardberg:
    The Ultimate Islay.

Or Oban if it wasn't so expensive, delicate and a gateway to Isle flavor
    Ha, I'll have to try Ardberg. I have Caol Ila, which is an Islay. Nosing it woke me the F up. Phenol.

Oban is great for those reasons, for sure. I like the hint of brininess. I guess before it became a "Classic Malt" it was cheaper.

Originally posted by whysimon
    WTF is hello Kitty (I'm 28 with no kids and I don't have cable)

Comment

Oban used to be $43 a bottle like 5yrs ago tell eveyone and thier brother figured out it rocked, same with Lagavulin ($56.00) to $90.00, Laphroaig ($32.00) cask strength rocks too, I have been to Islay and went to all the distilleries by bicycle, what a blast.

As far others Non-Islay, Balvenie and Glenrothes are tasty.

Obligatory Scotland Photo:
      E30 325ix 62k

Comment

I'm a poor college student who buys Evan Williams. My pallet isn't refined enough quite yet to justify spending much more.

97 Cosmos M3

Comment

I think this is good stuff, though I'm not HUGE on whisky.

I really like makers mark as well.
          PNW Crew
          90 m3
          06 m5

Comment

Oban used to be $43 a bottle like 5yrs ago tell eveyone and thier brother figured out it rocked, same with Lagavulin ($56.00) to $90.00, Laphroaig ($32.00) cask strength rocks too, I have been to Islay and went to all the distilleries by bicycle, what a blast.
            Wow, that sounds like fun, riding a bike must have been pretty cool! As long as the weather's clear. :)

I picked up a bottle of Oban for $46 a month ago. I've heard it was a lot cheaper way back when.

Originally posted by whysimon
            WTF is hello Kitty (I'm 28 with no kids and I don't have cable)

Comment

Jim Beam for me. If I want something good, I'll drink scotch.

Comment

Whisky doesn't make me sick, it's actually a cure. I had a sore throat for a few days, which sucked, but I went to a party and had a few shots of whisky. Well I had a bunch of other stuff that night too, but when I woke up my throat was totally fine. I'm attributing it to the cheap whiskey, because I could really feel it burning my throat as it went down.

'88 325is
                VP UT of Austin Autoholics
                BMWCCA 380364

Comment

McCallan / Talisker / Arbelour / Laphroaig depending on mood.

SILBER COMBAT UNIT DELTA (M-Technic Marshal)
                  RTFM:http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=56950

Comment

I'm telling you guys to try Pappy Van Winkle...Can you guys get that in other states?
                    90is, longtube headers/straight pipe/mark d 18# 93 0ctane chip/18# injectors/vogtland springs/bilst. sports

:firehop:

Comment

Pappy Van is great, the best Rye you can buy is made by them, I talked to to the Son of the owner at a tasting, he said all he does is go around and play golf with the Beams and Blantons they run in a crew and drink shit you never see on the market.
                      E30 325ix 62k

Comment

Pappy Van is great, the best Rye you can buy is made by them, I talked to to the Son of the owner at a tasting, he said all he does is go around and play golf with the Beams and Blantons they run in a crew and drink shit you never see on the market.
                        damn, what a crew

Come to Louisville during the KY Derby, thats when some of the secret stash gets out. You can get a $1000 mint julep (yes thats right $1000), some kind of special arctic ice, specially grown mint leaves and supossedly the best wiskey made in the world.
                        90is, longtube headers/straight pipe/mark d 18# 93 0ctane chip/18# injectors/vogtland springs/bilst. sports

:firehop:

Comment

Favorite I've had is Crown Royal, but I generally stick to Jim.
                          Richard
                          '89 325i
                          O0=[][]=0O

Comment

You guys need to hit some canadian mist.

Some fine ass whiskey.
                            88 325is. 4.10 lsd, J.C. chip.

Comment

Ahhh the Wild Turkey 101. Cant recall many a night from that devil water.
                              Back to my roots

Comment

Originally posted by pancake View Post
                                Favorite I've had is Crown Royal, but I generally stick to Jim.
                                If you like the Crown, slide over a bit and grab a bottle of Pendleton. I used to be pretty big on CR, then I was introduced to P, never had CR since. Few bucks cheaper too.

It's not how you handle the good times, but the faith you keep in the bad that defines you.

Comment

Working...
                                X