No announcement yet.

Review: UUC Big Brake Kit for E30 - 4 Lug Version

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wheres UUC on this? Have they been made aware of the problem?

Comment

Originally posted by BMWManiac View Post
      So the fixes are:

1) Enlarge the hole with a file
      2) Bend the clip a little more?

What about using a screw driver or pliers and pinch where the end of the metal clips to the caliper?
      You only want to make the recess deeper, not wider, otherwise the clip will still slide around.

As for only bending the clip, the problem is if you bend it so tight it wont move out of place with the current design, there is no room for the spring clip to actually do it's job. You still want the clip to have some travel (some spring) left when it is installed so it still applies pressure to the pads and keeps them firmly in place.

Despite the fact I didn't buy these direct from UUC, I did contact Rob, and he did get back to my email to check if they were installed correctly.
      *UUC has noted this feedback
      Last edited by JamesE30; 03-11-2014, 02:00 PM.

R.H.D
      M-technic I club

Comment

I've had this same issue. Not sure was these were not originally offered with grooves like the other side.
        sigpic
        1991 318is S52
        1987 325i Vert
        1991 325i
        2011 e70 X5

Need Anything E30? -> http://www.gutenparts.com/

Comment

UUC FTW!

I just had an incredible customer service experience. I bought my swapped car with a UUC BBK installed and after about a year, Terry Sayther spotted some paint damage happening on one of my front rims. They chased the problem back to the caliper leaking a tiny bit of fluid where the two halves are joined.

I'm not the original purchaser of the brakes, in fact the previous owner bought them from another forum member so I'm actually the third owner. When I called UUC and described the problem I fully expected to pay for a new caliper or a rebuild of some sort. I was 100% open about not being the original purchaser but the guys over there just took down my address and I had a brand new caliper, absolutely free of charge in 3 days.

These guys are kick butt and I'll make sure to buy anything I can from them. I have the SSK on my car as well and love it.
          Build Thread: Ryan's Hennarot 318is
          COTM Aug 2019

Comment

Wow, that is actually surprising they would warranty the caliper years later....especially since you are not the original purchaser
            1997 Artic Silver M3
            CES GT4094r 651hp/615tq @ 24 psi

Comment

All my experiences with UUC have been pretty legit!
              http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=316212

BMWCCA #398608
              IG @yagayo38

"The Best E30's were built with two camshafts four cylinders and sixteen valves!".

Comment

Does anyone still have the installation instructions that came with this kit? I can't find mine, and won't be able to get them from UUC until Monday. Trying to install the kit today, and would rather not waste the weekend.

Comment

I'll chime in. I ordered this kit from them in early August and it didn't come in until the beginning of November. They told me that although the kit was available at my time of order a "big euro wholesaler" had placed a large order for them so my order got bumped to backorder and my kit would ship out in 2 weeks. I was pretty bummed but no big deal. I wait 3 weeks and don't hear from them, so I call again and they said it would ship that week, it didn't. I called numerous times and every time they said it would be shipping out in just another day or 2..... 4 months later the kit finally arrived but with the incorrect rotors... I mean come on now haha! So $900& something bucks n almost 5 months later and I've yet to even install the kit. I gotta say I'm super disappointed with customer service @ UUC. They also kept the BBK listed as available on the UUC website the whole time which I think is a bit deceptive (or just kinda lazy maybe). I've always heard good stuff about the company and their products but this was unacceptable and I doubt I'll do business with them again, I do want their short shifter kit though. I will also say the guys on the phone were very nice the whole time they were giving me the run around and the kit looks really well built but I haven't been able to install and use it yet because of the incorrect rotors.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe L. Bachs View Post
                    I'll chime in. I ordered this kit from them in early August and it didn't come in until the beginning of November. They told me that although the kit was available at my time of order a "big euro wholesaler" had placed a large order for them so my order got bumped to backorder and my kit would ship out in 2 weeks. I was pretty bummed but no big deal. I wait 3 weeks and don't hear from them, so I call again and they said it would ship that week, it didn't. I called numerous times and every time they said it would be shipping out in just another day or 2..... 4 months later the kit finally arrived but with the incorrect rotors... I mean come on now haha! So $900& something bucks n almost 5 months later and I've yet to even install the kit. I gotta say I'm super disappointed with customer service @ UUC. They also kept the BBK listed as available on the UUC website the whole time which I think is a bit deceptive (or just kinda lazy maybe). I've always heard good stuff about the company and their products but this was unacceptable and I doubt I'll do business with them again, I do want their short shifter kit though. I will also say the guys on the phone were very nice the whole time they were giving me the run around and the kit looks really well built but I haven't been able to install and use it yet because of the incorrect rotors.
                    Joe I thought I had the wrong rotors at first too, the bolts for the rotor hats do not screw into the rotor, they screw through the rotor and clamp down on it. If that is your concern please be aware of that little fact.

Comment

Nope paid the extra $45 for drilled rotors and got undrilled rotors.... still don't have the correct ones either. But the car is garaged for the winter at this point, so maybe UUC will get me the correct rotors by spring time?... Maybe haha.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe L. Bachs View Post
                        Nope paid the extra $45 for drilled rotors and got undrilled rotors.... still don't have the correct ones either. But the car is garaged for the winter at this point, so maybe UUC will get me the correct rotors by spring time?... Maybe haha.
                        You are probably better off with standard rotors vs. drilled. Ask for a refund of the $45.
                        I Timothy 2:1-2

Comment

Working...
                        X