Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Im looking to change my M50nv to an S52. What swap parts should I need?

Comment

Originally posted by Jonnybravo View Post
      Im looking to change my M50nv to an S52. What swap parts should I need?
      I can make you a wiring adapter if you'd like. To help you research what else you'll need the M50/52 & S50/52 subforum is a great place to start.
      Plug and Play Wiring Harness Adapters for S54, S50, M54 and more.

Comment

Originally posted by jsta1109 View Post
        Any plans for an MS41 bench unit? I would be interested
        Yes. I will develop one. The ECU connector is on backorder from Europe so I can't say for sure when it'll arrive.

Comment

hi! would like to know if a engine/DME wiring harness from a LHD 1992-1995 e36 325i M50TU25 (manual transmission) vehicle could fit in a RHD version?

Comment

Originally posted by zeee View Post
            hi! would like to know if a engine/DME wiring harness from a LHD 1992-1995 e36 325i M50TU25 (manual transmission) vehicle could fit in a RHD version?
            Hey,
            Yeah, you should be fine. You may just need to take the wiring out of the cover and flip it around.

Comment

Interested in buying the swap harness. Email sent, but no response.

Pls reply to mikehtsai@gmail.com. Thamk you.

Comment

Originally posted by Acs1775 View Post
                Pls reply to mikehtsai@gmail.com. Thamk you.
                Replied :)

Comment

I have an announcement to make. :)

I've been using American (AWG) size wire for my wiring harness adapters because I haven't found a supplier in the US who sells metric size automotive wire. I've talked to my usual supplier and they are not willing to stock it, which is ridiculous because even the Big 3 have switched to metric wire (article: http://www.iewc.com/news-and-events/...s-going-metric). But I've found a supplier in Europe who ships it via DHL for a reasonable price in only 1 to 2 days. I've decided to switch to metric wire because the pins that crimp onto the wire and the size of the openings in the socket housings are made to exact metric specifications and so sometimes an AWG size doesn't work out that well. The first shipment arrived today, so now I will begin phasing in the correct metric ISO 6722 wire that conforms exactly to BMW's specifications on all my wiring products. The wire sizes on my harnesses will be identical to the wiring on your BMW from the factory.

Last edited by Andrew325is; 04-01-2017, 11:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew325is View Post
                    I have an announcement to make. :)

I've been using American (AWG) size wire for my wiring harness adapters because I haven't found a supplier in the US who sells metric size automotive wire. I've talked to my usual supplier and they are not willing to stock it, which is ridiculous because even the Big 3 have switched to metric wire (article: http://www.iewc.com/news-and-events/...s-going-metric). But I've found a supplier in Europe who ships it via DHL for a reasonable price in only 1 to 2 days. I've decided to switch to metric wire because the pins that crimp onto the wire and the size of the openings in the socket housings are made to exact metric specifications and so sometimes an AWG size doesn't work out that well. The first shipment arrived today, so now I will begin phasing in the correct metric ISO 6722 wire that conforms exactly to BMW's specifications on all my wiring products. The wire sizes on my harnesses will be identical to the wiring on your BMW from the factory.
                    Haha can we upgrade our original if its not installed yet :)
                    Euro Delivery Thread///E30 Project Klaus///COTM August 2021

Comment

Originally posted by Staszek View Post
                      Haha can we upgrade our original if its not installed yet :)
                      It's difficult to remove the pins from some of the socket housings. I don't think you'll experience any problems with the American size wire.

Comment

I reduced the prices $25 for M54, M62TU, and M52TU adapter harnesses. These are the new prices.

-$550 for M54 or M62TU wiring adapter harness
                        -$525 for M52TU wiring adapter harness
                        Last edited by Andrew325is; 03-23-2017, 01:28 AM.

Comment

If you're planning on doing a swap this summer now is a good time to order an adapter harness because lead time is about 1 week right now. Last summer the lead time stretched out to 6 weeks because too many people waited till the last minute. I want to make sure everyone gets their swap finished in time this year.

Comment

Email sent!

Comment

I’ve decided to offer a free ECU flash to disable EWS for the S54, S62, and M54 with the purchase of an adapter harness (no cost add-on). Supported ECUs are MSS54, MSS54HP, MSS52, and MS43.

Note that for MS43 the entire ECU is rewritten to a stock E46 configuration so any tuning will need to be performed again.

I will backup the ECU before the flash and email you the file for all flashes.

Also, I now have the parts to make an MS41 bench flash harness. It is $100.
                              Last edited by Andrew325is; 05-25-2017, 01:21 PM.

Comment

I found out someone made copies of my S54, M54, and M52TU adapter harnesses and listed them on eBay. They even plagiarized my descriptions for them. I designed those products from scratch and it has taken a lot of effort. It is pretty hostile of someone to copy my work and undersell me in an effort to put me out of business. They are only available from me and from Kassel Performance because I supplied them to them for resale at their request. I had to prove original ownership to eBay in order for the listings to be removed.

Note: I previously stated my harnesses have been available from Kassel Performance, but I sent them their last shipment in early January, so if you have purchased a harness from Kassel Performance since then it has not been manufactured by me. If they are still selling harnesses then those are copies as well and I don't know who is making them.
                                Last edited by Andrew325is; 10-13-2017, 11:44 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X