e30 5.0 V8 Swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

e30 5.0 V8 Swap

I have read on a few different sites that you can swap in a 87-92(?) mustang gt engine, thats a 5.0 v8 with only a few slight modifications.
    I was just wondering if anybody has any prior knowledge or could point me in the direction of some more info.
    also, whats the legitimacy of this web site?

I was planning on taking on this project this summer.
    Thank you in advance for anything.

Pretty sure they have some kits on that site, however I haven't been on it in a while.

Originally posted by Roysneon
    $5 shipped?
    Originally posted by MarkD
    You are a strange dude, I'n not answering any more posts from you.

Comment

Anybody can say they have a kit for sale and run a site out of their moms basement.
      Im just trying to find out the validity of this before I go buy the parts haha

Comment

The last one I saw done mentioned he used that site a lot, however he had made his own mounts. Tech has a little more info on this swap I believe.

Originally posted by Roysneon
        $5 shipped?
        Originally posted by MarkD
        You are a strange dude, I'n not answering any more posts from you.

Comment

any links to the forum
          where you saw this?

Comment

I'm thinking you're wanting this thread and info on the mounts, http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=233691

1992 BMW 325iC
            1978 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
            1965 Chevrolet Corvair Monza 140hp

Comment

Oh, I see your noobness now...:giggle:

If you search this forum you're bound to find a build thread about this swappage.

Welcome, have fun.
              @IRON-E30 aka Edwin:D

Comment

Matt Wagner (e30v8 ) is a good guy and his swap guide has useful info. I can also answer a lot of questions for you. I had to do a lot of my own since I relocated my fuse panel and shortened the 5.0 harness.

Comment

heres mine. its an older 28oz 302 but started as a 5.0. accessories, mounts and exhaust will all need to be done the same. just less wiring for mine.

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=231221

Comment

my 5.0 swapped e30 was built from that site. If I had done the initial install I would have done a lot of things differently, but they do it with a budget build in mind without much concern for fit and finish.

Comment

Working...
                    X