The 'favorite beer' thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ryan Stewart
    Guinness plain and simple. The hardest part is finding people who can pour it right.

If I want a "light" beer I drink Boulevard Unfiltered Wheat. Its a local brewery so its fresh wheat and damn fresh beer.

If you can see through it you are getting ripped off.
    on the Boulevard Unfiltered.
    My current favorite is Schlafly Hefenweisen (similar to the Boulevard). Schlafly is a local beer to the St. Louis area with 3 restaurant/bars. Awesome beer. Sold at just about every gas station in the area.

But if it's party time, I bust out a Redbull vodka and the Coors Light.
    -Brandon
    '86 325es S50
    '12 VW GTI Autobahn DSG
    '03 540i M-Sport (sold)
    '08 Jeep SRT-8 (sold)

For sale:
    S50 TMS chip for Schricks

Comment

Franziskaner or Lowenbrau Weissbier. Impossible to beat German beer.

Comment

Hate to say it just about anything.

But Paper City is great stuff, as well as Red Hook ESB. Right now I am enjoying a Loher 1878 courtesy of my last trip to Das Fatherland, it's brewed in Bayern. But I also love Red Bull and Vodka 8) .
        https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

Everyone needs to try a Fuller's ESB if they like mild, smooth, malty ales with only a very slight hint of hops (god, I sound like a wine enthusiast). Its the best ale I think I've ever had. Expensive, but worth it. I tried for 5 years to duplicate it but never even got close.
          Driving is the only way to go faster....

Comment

I like beer that is.............cold.
            BEERTECH

Comment

first beer i ever got drunk off of = corona.
              favorite beer, even today = corona. and dont forget the lime. not nessiarily to get drunk, btw.

although i also like budweiser and jack daniels... who cares if jack isnt beer. wiskey kicks ass!

P-A-R-T-Y TIME :drink:
              98 M3/4/5

Comment

Pilsen Callao, oh well is a locally beer, then Cuzqueña, somebody ever heared about Cuzqueña? It's imported to many countries from here... :?
                Euro M3'87 NogaroSilver/Euro E34 M5 '93/Porsche 993 TT 97' Euro/Porsche 993 Carrera 95' Euro/Skyline R33 GT-R

Comment

Originally posted by diegom6
                  Pilsen Callao, oh well is a locally beer, then Cuzqueña, somebody ever heared about Cuzqueña? It's imported to many countries from here... :?

My friend brought back some Pisco from Chilé.

Damn. Piscolitas es bueno.
                  My mountains are better than yours.

Comment

diego, can you get bavaria or imperial there?
                    BEERTECH

Comment

Rob's racking up the posts. Although I would consider calling PBR a steal is like callling a Kia the deal of the century.

Its not beer but yeah Beej I have become a redbull convert. I never drank them but I did try them and after 4 or 5 of them you are ready to go. Its great if you have had a long day and a girl is expecting a long nite.
                      Im now E30less.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan Stewart
                        I would consider calling PBR a steal is like callling a Kia the deal of the century.

My mountains are better than yours.

Comment

it all comes up anyways, why bother with fancy bullshit. thats like a set of $3k rims on an eta. besides, kias are a great deal to some people.

oh wel, ya'll have fun churching up getting drunk :roll:
                          BEERTECH

Comment

Chimay. The king of beers. Anyone who thinks otherwise is wrong.Grand Reserve at (8%)is my favourite, with Premieres (7%) a close second. Cinq Cents (11%) is nice, but not of the calibre of the first two. I have in my cellar at home, 24 litre bottles of Grand Reserve 2002 vintage, which has been aging nicely, gaining a deeper flavour. It shoud be perfect to drink around 2006

Hoegaarden is a fine beer to drink alot of, especially Witbier. Grand Kru, Forbidden fruit, Julius and Special are to be contemplated over a meal, perhaps taken over a longer period of time, than Witbier.

Of the Leffe range, I find Raideuse an excellent tipple. Both Bruin and Blonde are good for knocking you out, at 7-8% respectively.

As a daily drinker beer, i prefer Becks, Corona, Stella Artois and from NZ, most of the Montieths range, also, Carlsberg. Nastro Azzuro and Pilsner Urquel.

Other good beers are Kronenburg 1664 from France, most of the Young's range from England, especially Double Chocolate stout, Old Nick, A-1 and Ram Rod.

I've found myself drinking alot of Guiness recently, especially from the new fangled bottle, and the Foreign Extra series, which is about as good as a stout gets. Other good ones are Boddingtons, Kilkenny and Bombardier.

Comment

Damn, Sam, you're a beer-connesuier (Kris, correct my French spelling).

Have any of you ever had Arrogant Bastard Ale? It's from a brewery in San Diego; around $3.50/22oz bottle (which isn't too bad for a micro). It's pretty damn good. Really dark.

Originally posted by Gruelius
                              and i do not know what bugg brakes are.

Comment

you should make that your sig ken
                                BEERTECH

Comment

Working...
                                X