For Gods Sake Michigan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OHE30 View Post
    No not that we are compensated poorly we just love the cars and not having full coverage insurance. We are a no fault state and it's expensive for full coverage. We love the cars here at Erhard and try to help out others with older vehicles. We don't take advantage of people. We love seeing the older vehicles, we'd rather drive the classics than sell out for a "sweet" Z4, please which would you prefer? Me=E30!!!
    It was a joke, it was a play on the whole "all e30 owners are broke thing" ahh forget it.

Anyway, 8 e30's huh? I work at Grand Blanc Bmw and all the techs drive e36's, lol.

We're trying to get something happening in Mi soon. Subscribe to this thread to keep posted on the details and get your e30 heads at Erhard to cone out.

Bimmerforums is the preferred online BMW Forum and community for BMW owners. At Bimmerforums, you will find technical how-to information maintenance specifics audio advice wheel and tire combinations and model specific details not found anywhere else. Our professionals are here to help make sure you find the answers you need to your questions and our community is here to help other brainstorm ideas for the future.

Comment

anyone know where I can get a used motor for a decent price? A rocker broke on me, and the engine is shot now. Please help!
      Autosports Unlimited in Zeeland should have something for you. You probably just need a head though.

Comment

Took the valve cover off today to inspect and a rocker arm was not broken. Removed cylinder head to inspect and found no bent valves or beat up pistons. Hmmmmmmmm........removed oil pan and OH NO........cyl 3 connecting rod through the side of the block. Someone must have been in the engine b4 b/c the rod end cap was laying in the oil pan. Found a block w/ crank and pistons for only $200 and about 125,000 miles. Got lucky. The only thing I need to buy besides block is headgasket and headbolts and I get those at cost so not to bad. Just time consuming. I'll post pictures in future.

Comment

you all should come to southeast WI for meets. Ferry those e30s over!

Comment

Took the valve cover off today to inspect and a rocker arm was not broken. Removed cylinder head to inspect and found no bent valves or beat up pistons. Hmmmmmmmm........removed oil pan and OH NO........cyl 3 connecting rod through the side of the block. Someone must have been in the engine b4 b/c the rod end cap was laying in the oil pan. Found a block w/ crank and pistons for only $200 and about 125,000 miles. Got lucky. The only thing I need to buy besides block is headgasket and headbolts and I get those at cost so not to bad. Just time consuming. I'll post pictures in future.
            You guys at erhard get parts at cost? You mean 10%over cost?
            Get all your e30 buddies to come out to the kalamazoo meet. I got 2 e36 m3's and 3 non-m e36's coming with me most likely.

Comment

When are you having the meet.

Comment

Anyone know of someone who does cheap good body work. I just discovered that the front right section of the frame is bent. Where the bumper impact absorbers mount. I can get the part for it but, can't seem to find a cheap install.

Comment

Doesn't erhard have a bodyshop? You should get to know the guys over there, don't know what you do at Erhard but , you could most likely help each other out. We don't have a bodyshop but I'm cool with the owner of Dags autobody who does all of our bodywork, he just gave me a pint of Nogaro silver for free to refinish my wheels. They do awesome work btw.

Subscribe to the thread at BF, there isn't any set date yet.

Comment

Subscribed over @ Bf.c.

BTW Ed, you and I should hook up within the next month or two so you can drive my E30. I'll be putting summer shoes back on the car and then it's up for sale. If work doesn't soak up all of my free time (likely these days), then I hope to get it posted by early April!

E30 24V 6MT SOLD :( - look for it in sunny Miami :)

Comment

Originally posted by m3_eater View Post
                      Subscribed over @ Bf.c.

BTW Ed, you and I should hook up within the next month or two so you can drive my E30. I'll be putting summer shoes back on the car and then it's up for sale. If work doesn't soak up all of my free time (likely these days), then I hope to get it posted by early April!
                      Nice but like I said over at BF, don't sell it if you don't have to, you'll regret it. Where you located? We should all meet up and drive out to kzoo together.

Comment

When we meeting up? Trip to the zoo? When is the last K wings game?

I met your mom.

Comment

Don't think anything is set yet, subscribe to the thread to make sure you get updated.

Comment

Subscribed!

I met your mom.

Comment

Would love to find a good E30 for sale in southeast michigan...

Comment

Originally posted by Pudmunkie View Post
                                Would love to find a good E30 for sale in southeast michigan...
                                unlikely, clean e30s are soooo expensive here, especially late models.

Comment

Working...
                                X