DSC_5967 by Phillip Keefe, on Flickr

DSC_5979 by Phillip Keefe, on Flickr

DSC_5981 by Phillip Keefe, on Flickr

DSC_5984 by Phillip Keefe, on Flickr

DSC_5993 by Phillip Keefe, on Flickr

DSC_5998 by Phillip Keefe, on Flickr

DSC_5997 by Phillip Keefe, on Flickr

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
    Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

IMG_1349 by Wschnitz, on Flickr

Real snow fun :P
      1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
      willschnitz

Comment

gtfo

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
        Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

I can't wait for 12/22. I have a small winter trip planed if there is not too much snow when I get home for a couple days. You will likely see a fzj stuck good in 10 feet of snow.
          Originally posted by Fusion
          If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
          The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
          William Pitt-

Comment

First snow of the season here in Flag. Left a few inches on the ground.

Took the Tundra to work in 4wd. I will admit that I did not pass on the opportunity to slide its big ass around a few corners through my neighborhood.
            My previous build (currently E30-less)
            http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170390

A 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 Offroad in Inferno is my newest obsession

Comment

I definitely need some tires with better lugs on them next time I do snow/mud. The Pro Comp crap has the smoothest sidewalls ever.
              1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
              willschnitz

Comment

i really liked the general Grabber AT2's have siping in them and worked really well! had them on my Dads toy pickup and could go anywhere, also had them on my subi wagon and could drive through snow up to my hood

Comment

I have had really good luck with winter traction with Bridgestone Revo's been running them on my 3/4 ton for nearly a decade (3rd set) and what little time I have on the Cooper ST Maxx's in snow they seem to be almost as good.
                  If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                  The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                  William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by lambo View Post
                    Got out in the Taco today. Was fun.
                    Lookin fly as hell brudda!

Here's an updated shot of my rig.

And a couple from Seattle REI during thxgiving

Comment

I would love that rig. If only they didn't have a dog of an engine.

Comment

Originally posted by DEV0 E30 View Post
                        Nice! The Turbo Diesel Colorado should get even better MPGs than reported let's be honest... it shouldn't be impossible for them to do a good bit better. Still, I gotta hand it to Chevy, the outcry for a diesel midsize 4x4 was finally answered. Automakers should have delivered this sooner, the Tacoma has been king for a long time. I'm not going to count out Ford re-entering and crushing the market though. Exciting time for us consumers.

Yeah, regular drivers can easily average in the upper 20's, low 30's. I drove it like a grandpa for one tank and averaged 37. But screw that, I roast the tires every chance I get and I'm still in the upper 20's with 95% city driving.

Originally posted by Mtriple View Post
                        You must have stopped lurking TacomaWorld around June because your comment about transmissions going bad is incorrect, They offered a TSB update in July that corrected the issue for most of us and they have since released a second TSB update. My truck had all the signs and symptoms, gear hunting on the highway especially with cruise control, shifting flares, and slipping when shifting from reverse to drive. Again, all issues corrected with a re-flash of the computer in July and the truck has been awesome ever since.
                        Yeah, I was shopping throughout June and I ordered my Colorado on July 7th. Glad to hear they got it worked out. I liked the truck, I'm just spoiled to the low end torque. I'll definitely check out the Tacoma again if they end up putting a diesel in it. I need that torque because it's also my tow vehicle for my track car.

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
                        for S&Gs I looked into a Diesel Twin.... Cant get it in Extended cab strike 1, (crew only) A 4wd mid level trim with off road pack came to 42k msrp COUGH COUGH .

My 04 3/4 ton duramax Ext Cab 4wd with all options other than the sunroof and digital climate controls, was 43k MSRP....... and the 04 Colorado I bought in 04 was an Ext cab 4wd best trim pack and offroad pack was 28k out the door.... It makes the pricing on the new ones kinda hard to choke on, and they are getting bigger than used to be...

Cost wasn't really as high of a concern for me as much as getting a vehicle that met all of my needs. I ordered every option available except the $500 sat nav. including just about everything in the GM accessory catalog. The total came out a little over $40k. Diesel was a $3700 option.

By the way, if you have a connection to someone that orders fleet vehicles, the diesel is available in extended cab that way. That probably means that it will be available to the public soon.
                        Last edited by BillBrasky; 11-29-2016, 06:09 PM.

Comment

Bill - That's impressive MPGs.

---

Dig it rufflz.

I recognize that HJ61 at the Seattle REI. :P

Mine is in the US, being prepped for paint.

Ahhhhghhghasshdff. Excite.
                          Project Thread | Instagram | Phoenix, Arizona Events Thread

Comment

man I have been in Fl for 7 weeks now, I miss my 80 ;(

William Pitt-

Comment

I'm back in business boys!

I got another 4runner. A 2000 limited with locking rear diff. $1600. One or both of the head gaskets are kaput, I don't know if it's time for a new engine or to do them. Either way It will take a little work, but I think I got a pretty good deal on her.

Comment

Originally posted by ST1G View Post
                                I'm back in business boys!

I got another 4runner. A 2000 limited with locking rear diff. $1600. One or both of the head gaskets are kaput, I don't know if it's time for a new engine or to do them. Either way It will take a little work, but I think I got a pretty good deal on her.

Congrats! The e-locker is rad. Mine had it and I have used the piss out of it. Gonna be hard to go back to open diffs on my Bronco.

My 4Runner has a misfire on cylinder 3 and I am pretty sure its due to a head gasket leak. I am using coolant and it runs rough when cold at first start. I do have 256K on it and it got hot once when a heater core matrix hose exploded on the freeway.

Just another thing to do.
                                Si vis pacem, para bellum.

New Hawtness: 1995 540i/6 Claptrap
                                Defunct too: Cirrusblau m30 Project
                                Defunct (sold): Alta Vista

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

Working...
                                X