Global Warming is over.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gwb72tii View Post
    Cale you argue like a little girl throwing names around and getting all upset.
    little man
    are you only three yrs old with a limited attention span and memory
    and i'll type slowly so even you can understand
    before you make yourself look foolish. again.
    Pot, meet kettle. We both fall back to condescension quite frequently, don't sell yourself as a saint when you're hands are dirty as well.

Your side won't even admit there is any other side to the hypothesis of AGW (as opposed to theory).
    *scrollsupthreeposts*

nor am I a firm believer in AGW (as I've said many a time when discussing this topic)
    You're right, we're all dead certain AGW is the only possibility. That was my alternate ego posting. Why does nearly every post you make drip with hypocrisy and ignorance? You may disagree with the points I make, but at least I have the majority of academia on my side for nearly every post I make on this topic unlike yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by herbivor View Post
      Just the last four articles from the Science Daily. Articles like these are published every day. If one actually reads these articles on a daily basis, without wearing "conspiracy blinders", the support for AGW becomes as obvious as night and day.

Long-Term Studies Detect Effects of Disappearing Snow and Ice
      ScienceDaily (Apr. 6, 2012) — Regions of Earth where water is frozen for at least a month each year are shrinking as a result of global warming. Some of the effects on ecosystems are now being revealed through research conducted at affected sites over decades. They include dislocations of the relationships between predators and their prey, as well as changes in the movement through ecosystems of carbon and nutrients. The changes interact in complex ways that are not currently well understood, but effects on human populations are becoming apparent.

Satellite Observes Rapid Ice Shelf Disintegration in Antarctic
      ScienceDaily (Apr. 5, 2012) — As ESA's Envisat satellite marks ten years in orbit, it continues to observe the rapid retreat of one of Antarctica's ice shelves due to climate warming.

New Mechanism of Past Global Warming? Thawing Permafrost 50 Million Years Ago Led to Global Warming Events
      ScienceDaily (Apr. 4, 2012) — In a new study reported in Nature, climate scientist Rob DeConto of the University of Massachusetts Amherst and colleagues elsewhere propose a simple new mechanism to explain the source of carbon that fed a series of extreme warming events about 55 million years ago, the Paleocene-Eocene Thermal Maximum (PETM), and a sequence of similar, smaller warming events afterward.
      While the amounts of carbon involved in the ancient soil-thaw scenarios was likely much greater than today, implications of the study appear dire for the long-term future as polar permafrost carbon deposits have begun to thaw due to burning fossil-fuels, DeConto adds. "Similar dynamics are at play today. Global warming is degrading permafrost in the north polar regions, thawing frozen organic matter, which will decay to release CO2 and methane into the atmosphere. This will only exacerbate future warming in a positive feedback loop."

Rising CO2 Levels Linked to Global Warming During Last Deglaciation
      ScienceDaily (Apr. 4, 2012) — Many scientists have long suspected that rising levels of carbon dioxide and the global warming that ended the last Ice Age were somehow linked, but establishing a clear cause-and-effect relationship between CO2 and global warming from the geologic record has remained difficult.
      A new study, funded by the National Science Foundation and published in the journal Nature, identifies this relationship and provides compelling evidence that rising CO2 caused much of the global warming.

the first two articles referenced only confirm global warming is taking place. the third actually offers an alternative to AGW. only the fourth cites anthropogenic causes for it.

that global warming exists is beyond question. we have only to consider whether man is at fault, and the cost-benefit of attempts to remediate the phenomena.

the science 'proving' AGW is sadly lacking an important test standard- double blind study. clearly, this is impossible. there is no vaild way to prove the hypothesis since experimenter bias may not be eliminated. sadly, it appears the publication referenced above doesn't even insist on double blind peer review of its' articles, so it too is lacking in credibility.

so it has become a political issue with the majority of leftists committed to its' reality and their political opponents contesting that reality as a knee jerk reaction. without serious thought in most cases.

the Kyoto accords specifically exempted China and India from co2 emission reduction protocols. billions of bike riders want to get behind the wheel of a car as a lifestyle improvement. those countries have currently very lax emissions rules. if AGW is true, any reductions by the so-called 'first world' will be more than offset by the growing use of fossil fuels there and in Russia.

of course, any person claiming to believe in AGW may not turn an ignition key, use hot water or electric power without being a gross hypocrite.

hth,
      robert w.

Comment

You're right. I dunno why you need to be a douche bag though. But okay. I am looking into this stuff now. I wonder where they get these numbers and how they really measure the amount that a volcano is putting out or the entire human population. Do they take into account the amount of co2 we exhale?

"Its preparations are concealed, not published. Its mistakes are buried not headlined. Its dissenters are silenced, not praised. No expenditure is questioned, no rumor is printed, no secret is revealed."

John F. Kennedy

Comment

Funny it seems that co2 and all other emissions such as that are miniscule compared to the biggest green house gas, water vapor. But I guess that's just part of the wacko nut job theory.

I like this article.

greenhouse, data, global, warming, effect, water, vapor, anthropogenic, potential, charts, graphs, carbon, dioxide, co2, methane, nitrous, oxide, cfc, cfc's, nox, concentration, contribution

" I can only see one element of the climate system capable of generating these fast, global changes, that is, changes in the tropical atmosphere leading to changes in the inventory of the earth's most powerful greenhouse gas-- water vapor. "

This guys just a douche though.

Amiright? Or amiright?

"Its preparations are concealed, not published. Its mistakes are buried not headlined. Its dissenters are silenced, not praised. No expenditure is questioned, no rumor is printed, no secret is revealed."

John F. Kennedy

Comment

Originally posted by HarryPotter View Post
            You're right. I dunno why you need to be a douche bag though.
            You brought it forward as though those that believe AGW were too stupid to have thought of the impact of volcanic activity, it got thrown back in your face. Suck it up buttercup.

Comment

do not feed trolls
              LOL look whose talking.

Comment

i believe he was making a broader point little man
                the fact, agreed to even by your side, is that man is an insignificant contributor to annual CO2 emissions

and maybe you can answer for kershaw
                if CO2 lags or proceeds GW
                I don't think the majority of climate scientists think that man-made contribution of CO2 is insignificant, maybe a small percentage, but it is definitely significant. And to your second question, the answer is CO2 proceeds GW. Here is an article I recently posted. You must've skipped it in your studies.
                Rising CO2 Levels Linked to Global Warming During Last Deglaciation

All your other lame questions that you posted to the other guys have been answered numerous times by myself. You either do not take the time to read the answers or you just like trolling. Perhaps you should do some more reading until you have something new to add to the discussion.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by cale View Post
                  Extremely skeptical of this number, please show me where you came up with it. I ask because with a quick google search I can find reputable sources which give me information that says the Earth has fluctuated more than that over millions of years, all the while life continued on.
                  I haven't seen the 6 degree figure either. There is good evidence right now that prior mass extinctions occurred because of major climatic changes and there is evidence of accelerated extinctions directly caused by GW occuring right now, but there is no evidence to say life will end completely due to major climatic changes, otherwise I wouldn't be typing this. I think there are some predictions that AGW can cause mass extinctions as had occurred before from other major climatic changes, but the earth changes and a whole new group of species develops. That's why I don't have a pet dinosaur.
                  sigpic

Comment

The upcoming United Nations environmental conference on sustainable development will consider  a breathtaking array of carbon taxes, transfers of trillions of dollars from wealthy countries to poor ones, and new spending programs to guarantee that populations around the world are protected from the effects of the very programs the world organization wants to implement, according to stunning U.N. documents examined  by Fox News.

hmmmm

Originally posted by naplesE30 View Post
                    The whole damned thing is a sham. Neither side can prove or disprove what or even if their is a cause of supposed global warming.... Its really just a front for a central govt. Pretty sure the climate always has and will change in cycles, not much we can do to stop or slow it. But we can use that as an excuse to control how people live, and consume.
                    The real question is are we considered a wealthy country?

Comment

Originally posted by naplesE30 View Post
                      The real question is are we considered a wealthy country?
                      Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
                      Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
                      One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Bwahahahahaaha!

Ich gehöre nicht zur Baader-Meinhof Gruppe

Originally posted by Top Gear
                        Just imagine waking up and remembering you're Mexican.

Every time you buy a car with DSC/ESC, Jesus kills a baby seal. With a kitten.

Comment

I wonder when climate change is proven to be another scam just like global cooling and global warming, will the hippies admit it or just start referring to it as weather.

Climategate. Nuff said.

On an added note actually, higher co2 concentrations make for a better environment for plants. Greenhouses regularly boost co2 levels for better plant growth.

Comment

I'm all for questioning the validity of AGW, but denying climate change is bold face full-retard ignorance....and you never go full-retard. No reputable scientist let alone climate scientist would ever put their name to that, even Fox news of all media outlets tries to find alternate explanations for climate change.

Comment

Originally posted by tjts1 View Post
                              LOL look whose talking.
                              :up:

John F. Kennedy

Comment

Originally posted by canadiankid View Post
                                I wonder when climate change is proven to be another scam just like global cooling and global warming, will the hippies admit it or just start referring to it as weather.

Climategate. Nuff said.

On an added note actually, higher co2 concentrations make for a better environment for plants. Greenhouses regularly boost co2 levels for better plant growth.
                                Another late subscriber to the thread.:up: Welcome, and feel free to read all the things you just said and their rebuttals pages ago.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X