APEX | 17" 4-Lug ARC-8 Pre Group-Buy Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by iliad View Post
    I run the biggest kit that massive sells.
    332mm front and 310mm rear.

The 8" wide wheels clear without issue.
    I am running the 2mm spacer that Lee includes in the kit as a precaution.

^That's my car :)
    BTW These wheels would accept a 355x32mm rotor. But obviously that would be waaaaaaaayyyyy overkill. ;-) Call me a neo-traditionalist, but I still prefer the original flat face ARC8 wheel. ;-)
    Brake harder. Go faster. No shit.

massivebrakes.com

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Massiv...78417442267056

Comment

Lee is your Massive kit a 4 or 6 pot front piston?
      No antenna? I sell plugs!

Here: https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...77#post4937877

Comment

They are 4 pistons. I used to offer a 6-piston radially mounted kit, but it was expensive and didn't sell enough to keep producing. But I am thinking reintroducing it since the expensive Wilwood SL6R has been phased out and replaced by the Radial Superlite costing 2/3 the price.

e30 BBKs : What if ? What if the 300x21mm and 300x32mm BBKs w/ floating rotors could be available with Wilwood's Radial Superlite calipers too? These use the same brake pads as the lug mounted...

BTW I don't have ONE massive kit but a dozen different e30 kits to suit eveyone's needs

FRONT
        280x22mm Corrado G60 rotor w/ Dynapro caliper
        280x21mm two-piece rotor w/ Dynapro caliper
        300x21mm two-piece floating rotors w/ Superlite caliper or Dynalite Narrowmount
        300x32mm two-piece floating rotors w/ Superlite caliper or Dynalite Narrowmount
        300x32mm two-piece floating rotors w/radially mounted AP Racing CP8350 caliper
        332x32mm two-piece floating rotors w/ Superlite caliper or Dynalite Narrowmount
        332x32mm two-piece floating rotors w/ radially mounted AP Racing CP8350 caliper - e30 M3
        332/355x32mm two-piece floating rotors w/ radially mounted Wilwood Superlite caliper - e30 M3

REAR
        300x32mm two-piece fixed rotors w/radially mounted AP Racing CP8350 caliper
        310x32mm two-piece fixed rotors w/ Superlite caliper or Dynalite Narrowmount
        300/310mm two-piece fixed rotors w/ Superlite caliper or Dynalite Narrowmount for 318Ti swapped hubs
        332x32mm rear floating rotors w/ radially mounted Superlite calipers for the e30 M3
        Last edited by Massive Lee; 01-05-2017, 08:12 AM.

massivebrakes.com

Comment

Originally posted by Massive Lee View Post
          They are 4 pistons. I used to offer a 6-piston radially mounted kit, but it was expensive and didn't sell enough to keep producing. But I am thinking reintroducing it since the expensive Wilwood SL6R has been phased out and replaced by the Radial Superlite costing 2/3 the price.

e30 BBKs : What if ? What if the 300x21mm and 300x32mm BBKs w/ floating rotors could be available with Wilwood's Radial Superlite calipers too? These use the same brake pads as the lug mounted...

BTW I don't have ONE massive kit but a dozen different e30 kits to suit eveyone's needs

FRONT
          280x22mm Corrado G60 rotor w/ Dynapro caliper
          280x21mm two-piece rotor w/ Dynapro caliper
          300x21mm two-piece floating rotors w/ Superlite caliper or Dynalite Narrowmount
          300x32mm two-piece floating rotors w/radially mounted AP Racing CP8350 caliper
          332x32mm two-piece floating rotors w/ Superlite caliper or Dynalite Narrowmount
          332x32mm two-piece floating rotors w/ radially mounted AP Racing CP8350 caliper - e30 M3
          332/355x32mm two-piece floating rotors w/ radially mounted Wilwood Superlite caliper - e30 M3

REAR
          300x32mm two-piece fixed rotors w/radially mounted AP Racing CP8350 caliper
          310x32mm two-piece fixed rotors w/ Superlite caliper or Dynalite Narrowmount
          300/310mm two-piece fixed rotors w/ Superlite caliper or Dynalite Narrowmount for 318Ti swapped hubs
          332x32mm rear floating rotors w/ radially mounted Superlite calipers for the e30 M3
          I saw this. I'll shoot you a PM.

Comment

I'm interested in a set. Either silver, or anthracite.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            sigpic87 partly Eta

Comment

Originally posted by dannyboy1 View Post
              I'm interested in a set. Either silver, or anthracite.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              Group buy is long done. Give Apex a call and check and see if they have another set.

Comment

BTW These wheels would accept a 355x32mm rotor. But obviously that would be waaaaaaaayyyyy overkill. ;-) Call me a neo-traditionalist, but I still prefer the original flat face ARC8 wheel. ;-)

Haha that would be insane.
                The kit I have now is fantastic.
                Zero brake fade and very consistent braking.

I'm 100% with you.
                The concave wheels are a huge failure of you ask me...

Bigger wheels that are harder to fit and can't even run the same size tire as the flat faced version..

Comment

I wouldn't say that the concave wheels are a failure. They are great strong wheels and they look extremely good, but they only just don't offer the same clearance for BBKs. Perhaps wheels for a different crowd. Actually, in my opinion a flat faced 17x8.5 would have been awesome. But I guess that production constraints make it not possible.

But think about that : the e30 has been out of production for a quarter of a century, yet new wheels are still available. Count yourself lucky. ;-)

massivebrakes.com

Comment

Concaves are defiantly a let down. I have to do some work to make mine fit with decent sized tires and a BBK. I do love the look though.

Lee is right new wheels for this vintage of car is a blessing.
                    1987 325i-M60b44 swap

Comment

I wouldn't say that the concave wheels are a failure. They are great strong wheels and they look extremely good, but they only just don't offer the same clearance for BBKs. Perhaps wheels for a different crowd. Actually, in my opinion a flat faced 17x8.5 would have been awesome. But I guess that production constraints make it not possible.

But think about that : the e30 has been out of production for a quarter of a century, yet new wheels are still available. Count yourself lucky. ;-)
                      They are a great looking wheel but since when has apex built stance wheels?

Kind of defeats the purpose of going to 17's if you cannot fit big tires and have them fit over big brakes.

I am very happy that apex made the flat faces again so now I have a spare set of wheels to mount some R-compounds..

Just would have been nice to have some 255's square fit my e30 under stock fenders. :)

Comment

Can we build me a front kit with these 355x32 :D

It'd look so good!

Comment

Originally posted by Nick's e30 View Post
                          Can we build me a front kit with these 355x32 :D

It'd look so good!
                          Here are some 17x8 e30 M3 ARC8 w/ a 355x32mm BBK ;-) It can be done too with e36 M3 knuckles. Could be done with the 4-lug e30 if using a radial mount and Radial Superlite caliper as in the pictures.

massivebrakes.com

Comment

Any plans to make the 17x8.5 in anthracite again? I've been holding off on doing suspension and brake upgrades until I know I can get these wheels.

Comment

Was a pain in the ass to fit up front

Last edited by robgoesvroom; 01-27-2017, 07:13 PM.
                              sigpic

Comment

Are 17x8 et35's possible? Need wheels for my ix but need the higher offset
                                89' 325ix Diamantschwarz/Black rattle can...

Insta: r_moose_w

Originally posted by flyboyx
                                I imagine her smelling like spoiled milk and having a half inch crust of doodoo circumnavigating her butthole.

Comment

Working...
                                X