Vert window/pillar & door gap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vert window/pillar & door gap

So...my doors have always had a small gap when closed looking like theyre 'cracked' open. Its gotten worse and now i have add wind noise:

That was with the door closed all the way. You can see the window gap and its like that on both sides. Is this just the door latch out of adjustment? Thanks.

I have the same problem. From the look of the chrome trim on the top of your door it looks like your door latch needs to be adjusted. But also it kind of looks like the rear window needs to be adjusted as well. I would say adjust your door latch until that upper chrome trim is flush with the chrome trim on the body and then go from there.
    Does that make sense?

Comment

Yea it does. I think the rear windows may be fine since my doors stick out too. I wont risk shattering the glass though will i?

Figure i'll adjust it a little at a time but i think the chrome is bent out a lil bit from the window catching on the top.
      Last edited by jw 325ic; 03-09-2012, 03:28 PM.

Comment

When the windows are down does the door close all the way so the chrome strip lines up?

Comment

Originally posted by MoreMayhem View Post
          When the windows are down does the door close all the way so the chrome strip lines up?
          Nope...just look in the pic, that was completely closed and its off. But i think towards the end of the strip its bent out a little bit

Comment

If adjusting the door latch doesn't seem to work check out the Bentley. It has a little section on convertible window adjustment

Comment

How about a pic from outside the car.

Comment

will take one in a bit...just went through my photobucket account and none of the pics in there really show it...probably for a reason lol

Comment

Outside the car:

me pushing on it:

passenger side:

Comment

Mine is sort of the same way though not as bad. Try adjusting the doors.
                    "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
                    88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
                    89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
                    91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

Originally posted by reelizmpro View Post
                      Mine is sort of the same way though not as bad. Try adjusting the doors.
                      may try this this evening if not tomorrow since it got colder and has been raining the past few days. think tomorrow will be better weather wise. what should i use to mark the original position of the door latch? just a pencil?

Comment

I don't think you will risk breaking the glass at all. Definitely looks like door hinge/latch adjusting is needed. Can't offer much more than that, it is alien territory for me!

Comment

Although you could probably adjust the door a little the the trim is bent a little too. Mine does the same thing. Bow out at the ends. I noticed today my window is sort of like that too. It looks like my door is sticking out more at the top then the bottom and may be twisted a little. When i go to paint it i will figure it out.

Comment

Yeah looks like it's the latch. I'm 99.999% sure you won't break the glass. It (along with the rails its on) can flex quite a bit.
                            The first car I ever rode in was an e30

Originally posted by Cabriolet
                            Wish you the best and hope you don't remember anything after 10pm.

1992 Mauritiusblau Vert
                            2011 Alpinweiss 335is coupe

2002 540i/6 Black/Black
                            2003 GSX-R 750 (RIP)

Comment

Well another concern is the lock not engaging. When i do it i'll be sure to trace all around the original position.

Comment

Working...
                              X