No announcement yet.

1992 325i

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking great! Well done. I'm on the same journey myself. Paint is all buffed out, minor rust repairs nearly complete, next up are seats and the top.
    Jon (OO=[][]=OO)
    1992 325ic white, stock with a 5-speed swap
    Palm Beach County

Comment

Nice! If you're in Philly, look up my buddy Daine at Bechtel Bavarian Parts. Him and his brother own a shop parting out E30s/36s/34s/39s. You can find them on Facebook. Good guys, I buy a lot of parts off of them. Their shop is a cool place to check out too.

Comment

Originally posted by exhaust View Post
        Nice! If you're in Philly, look up my buddy Daine at Bechtel Bavarian Parts. Him and his brother own a shop parting out E30s/36s/34s/39s. You can find them on Facebook. Good guys, I buy a lot of parts off of them. Their shop is a cool place to check out too.

I go there every time I need parts too lol they're awesome. They actually have a few e30s that they are parting including a convertible. I may have to contact them for a few convertible parts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        1992 325i Convertible - "project"
        1994 325is - Daily

Comment

Originally posted by jgilber0 View Post
          Looking great! Well done. I'm on the same journey myself. Paint is all buffed out, minor rust repairs nearly complete, next up are seats and the top.

Awesome do you have a thread? Post some pics!

1994 325is - Daily

Comment

So today I got to work on the car a bit more. Mailman brought in the gears to fix my odometer.

This is how it started. I had a few bulbs to replace since the cluster was not lighting up, my fog light bulb was out on the cluster as well. Since I had the cluster out it also made it easy to reach the light switch bulb and replace that as well. I used the sharpie trick on the needles to let dry then I began to take the cluster apart.

You can see the small pieces that would belong to the gears.

And the old gears.

In with the new.

I forgot to take a photo of the gears in but the process was easy. Hardest part of it was removing the small gear since it is held in with a metal sleeve.

And the finished product. Tomorrow the plastic window comes in so I'm taking the car to work to replace it. It's getting shipped there and I work at a body shop where one of the techs has offered to help me put it in. I'll try to shoot some photos of the process tomorrow as well.

Let me know what you think guys!

1994 325is - Daily

Comment

So today I installed the zip in window. Wasn't too bad did it alone and took me about 30 mins.

Gave it a wash as well and tried to clean the wheels as best as possible. Couldn't resist taking it for a ride. I really like that I can see out my back window now.

1994 325is - Daily

Comment

Originally posted by DBShiznit View Post
                I go there every time I need parts too lol they're awesome. They actually have a few e30s that they are parting including a convertible. I may have to contact them for a few convertible parts

Nice! Good chance we've run into each other there.

Comment

Originally posted by DBShiznit View Post
                  So today I installed the zip in window. Wasn't too bad did it alone and took me about 30 mins.

Gave it a wash as well and tried to clean the wheels as best as possible. Couldn't resist taking it for a ride. I really like that I can see out my back window now.

Looks great!
                  "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough"
                  -Mario Andretti.

1991 E30 325ic, AW, Black Leather, Black top, Three Pedals.

Comment

Originally posted by M_3_X View Post
                    Looks great!

Thank you!

I was going through pictures on my phone and realized I had pictures of the car stores at the shop before I got it.

I'm really glad that I rescued it. I just went over my own thread and I'm glad I've made since progress. The car gets compliments from everyone both here and out driving. So glad to be part of the e30 community as well! Thanks to everyone who's reached out so far!

1994 325is - Daily

Comment

wow very nice,ya even have the original cassette deck and all that buffing really paid off too...So did the odometer gears work with out a problem..Also the sharpie you use was it a special type of color or ink,great idea.
                      sigpic

Comment

Great progress so far! Keep it up. :up:

COTM

Comment

Originally posted by rustneversleeps View Post
                          wow very nice,ya even have the original cassette deck and all that buffing really paid off too...So did the odometer gears work with out a problem..Also the sharpie you use was it a special type of color or ink,great idea.
                          Gears worked great sharpie was just a regular Red color sharpie. If you are looking to do it then buy one with a wide tip so that you can star from the middle and move out in one single motion. It will make the red smooth on the needles. I havent been on in a while and the car hasnt had a lot more done to it. Will post some photos in a bit for you guys. I now have Hella projectos and IS front lip.
                          1994 325is - Daily

Comment

1992 325i

1994 325is - Daily

Comment

Wow, that cleaned up great!

Comment

Car

Great looking car .