No announcement yet.

For Gods Sake Michigan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone near Grand Rapids have a LSD for sale? Was shooting for a 3.73 and want to avoid shipping if possible.
    The Lineup in order of appearance:
    91 535i
    91 318is 5 Lug/E46M3 Brakes
    91 325is w/ S52
    88 Vert Plastic Bumper Swap
    88 M3 ;D
    91 325ix 5 speed
    89 Vert Royalblau Metallic
    73 2002
    1986 325es --> is swap Rallycross Car!!
    1995 Chevy G30 Tow Rig... *I SOLD A CAR!!*
    1993 525i Granitsilber Metallic Touring

Need a 91 M5 bad but wife would shoot me...twice

*UPDATE: got a 93 M5 and still alive

1972 Jeep Wagoneer
    1975 2002 five speed

Check out:
    Elhartspeedshop.com

sigpic

Comment

LKQ in Kalamazoo says they have an e36 and e34 that may have an LSD in them.
      The e36 is a 325is so that would be a good target.

Comment

From SoCal visiting Michigan for work. Had some free time to cruise around Ann Arbor with a rental Jetta Sportswagon on a twisting road (http://www.twistyroadfinder.com/Home/Road/262997). While cruising, caught a beautiful late model. I couldnt resist but to creep up and followed him for a good mile in order to get a closer photo opp 😉😀😁. Cant wait to get back to Cali and take my baby out for a proper cruise 🚗🚗

bonus pic for the view along my cruise route
        Last edited by fs88; 04-17-2016, 07:54 PM.

Comment

Anyone in Metro Detroit know where I can get my fenders rolled? I just installed 12mm spacers with my Ronal LS and they rub slightly on heavy bumps...

thanks

Comment

Anybody in Metro Detroit have a spare headlight switch I could borrow? All of my dash and cluster lights mysteriously went dead, and I'm trying to figure out what the hell is going on

Let me know, thanks

Comment

I have one laying around someplace but I'm up north

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              sigpic

Comment

I've had this on two of my e30's. Unfortunately, I've used my only spare. But you can revive them in a pinch. They can be disassembled if you're careful. The problem is that there is a flat piece of sheet metal "finger" that slides over a coiled wire loop...the potentiometer. I've had success cleaning with electronic parts cleaner, sliding a piece of sandpaper under the finger to scuff it up, and gently bending the finger a little so that it has more spring pressure against the coil. I did that on one, and it's still going strong a few years later.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
                current fleet: '89 325is; '91 325ic; '88 325is; '91 325i

Comment

Originally posted by mybimr View Post
                  I've had this on two of my e30's. Unfortunately, I've used my only spare. But you can revive them in a pinch. They can be disassembled if you're careful. The problem is that there is a flat piece of sheet metal "finger" that slides over a coiled wire loop...the potentiometer. I've had success cleaning with electronic parts cleaner, sliding a piece of sandpaper under the finger to scuff it up, and gently bending the finger a little so that it has more spring pressure against the coil. I did that on one, and it's still going strong a few years later.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
                  The odd thing is that I've switched two in over the past couple months, and both times they functioned the exact same: the lights would turn on correctly BUT the dimmer function had no effect. Now, out of the blue, they are dead entirely. That leads me to believe it isn't actually the switch itself but something else in the circuit. Hoping to use a switch just for troubleshooting purposes mostly, and if it fixes things I'll be pleasantly surprsied.

Danny - if I can't figure this electrical nonsense (plus my seemingly dead AC compressor) out, I may be swinging by your neck of the woods soon to get some help from Jake.

Comment

Anybody recognize the early model in this pic? I came across my car's older brother while going for a nice fall drive today.

This was taken in Stockbridge, MI this afternoon. Looked like some sort of Porsche group thing was taking place as well, there were tons parked all over this little town.

Comment

Anyone in MI have a M20B25 they want to sell?
                      The Lineup in order of appearance:
                      91 535i
                      91 318is 5 Lug/E46M3 Brakes
                      91 325is w/ S52
                      88 Vert Plastic Bumper Swap
                      88 M3 ;D
                      91 325ix 5 speed
                      89 Vert Royalblau Metallic
                      73 2002
                      1986 325es --> is swap Rallycross Car!!
                      1995 Chevy G30 Tow Rig... *I SOLD A CAR!!*
                      1993 525i Granitsilber Metallic Touring

Need a 91 M5 bad but wife would shoot me...twice

*UPDATE: got a 93 M5 and still alive

1972 Jeep Wagoneer
                      1975 2002 five speed

Check out:
                      Elhartspeedshop.com

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by elcoy View Post
                        Anyone in MI have a M20B25 they want to sell?

Try talking to Jake from classic daily. He's usually got what people need. http://www.classicdaily.net

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
                        sigpic

Comment

Looking for a 3.25 or 3.23 LSD if anyone around SE Michigan has one for sale.

I've got an S3.73 in my car with around 150k miles if someone would be looking to trade instead of an outright sale

Comment

Bump for Euro Hangar tomorrow ! There's going to be an S14 2002 that's pretty solid. Check it out if you can.

Comment

Any Detroit-area locals have a known working alternator that I can borrow to help narrow down my charging issues? I need an 115A or 140A alternator for an M30B35 from an E34 or E32. It would be much appreciated!

Comment

Trying to get something from Kalamazoo/ Mattawan... anyone in that area that can help facilitate something? It involves a large chunk of metal lol and all I need are a few items that will fit in a flat rate box
                                Simon
                                Current Cars:
                                -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Working...
                                X