No announcement yet.

Good shop in DFW area?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Main things are exhaust and getting the reverse lights running. I /think/ those are the only things I really need. Eventually I want to do things like redoing the headliner, the carpeting, rewiring speakers, doing the paint, and patching up a small rust spot under the battery box.

Comment

It also has race seats and harnesses, I'm not sure how they work on a safety inspection.

Comment

ya, older than 25 yrs i think it is.... no emissions. basic safety test. windshield wipers, lights work, tire tread, no check engine light/ brake lining light (take out if an issue).

Comment

Originally posted by d_elson0 View Post
          ya, older than 25 yrs i think it is.... no emissions. basic safety test. windshield wipers, lights work, tire tread, no check engine light/ brake lining light (take out if an issue).
          Yea 25 years and older. No emissions testing. There are also a handful of counties in the area that don't do emissions testing anyways. It's just your basic inspection, "wipers work? All your lights work? Is this piece of shit going to kill you or anyone else on the road? No? You pass." Pretty much lol. They don't even care about the CEL/Brake light. I had both of those on my car and I just tell em "I just replaced the pads, it's just a 30 year old sensor wire that's just failed by now" and they'll pass you usually.

Originally posted by Sevorith View Post
          It also has race seats and harnesses, I'm not sure how they work on a safety inspection.
          Originally posted by diesekte View Post
          You only need safety equipment to pass. Even if you have a swap most shops will inspect based on vehicle year - no emissions for you. What issues are you looking at getting fixed in particular?
          P.S.: Ron, if you still have my number, text me. If not just pm me.

Sent from my HTC One A9 using Tapatalk
          Originally posted by flyboyx
          how about if i yank the anal beads out of your ass like i'm trying to pull start a chain saw?
          Originally posted by Northern
          beer is my new liver cleanse.

Henna - '84 Hennarot 325e
          Lola - '89 Schwarz 325is - being saved
          Christine - '88 Schwarz 325is - Spec E30 Racecar
          '01 White F150 Lariat 4x4 Supercrew - Daily
          Dad's '05 Interlagosblau M3

Comment

$7 inspection. Just got my registration and ordered my custom plates too. It's not hard to pass at all. Just try, then if you spend enough money trying to fix it I think they pass you anyway.

Comment

I need to check out some of the recommendations for shops. Weird misfire/ studder under full/ 3/4s throttle when <3k rpm then clears up and no issues above 3k. Not sure if I should just buy everything that may be causing a the problem or take it in. Anyone with a 318is want to take a look by chance?

I live in Frisco, work in Dallas. Done some basic stuff, valve cover gaskets,
              Plugs/wires. That's about it so far

Comment

Thanks for the responses, guys.

So, based on what you guys said, what I'll need to address is my reverse lights not working and getting exhaust. That should be it.

Comment

Originally posted by Sevorith View Post
                  Thanks for the responses, guys.

So, based on what you guys said, what I'll need to address is my reverse lights not working and getting exhaust. That should be it.
                  Do they check reverse lights? I know for a fact mine weren't hooked up (the wire was cut), and I still passed?
                  how about if i yank the anal beads out of your ass like i'm trying to pull start a chain saw?

Comment

Just brake lights on mine too. Exhaust may not be an issue either... Not sure though

Comment

Originally posted by d_elson0 View Post
                      Just brake lights on mine too. Exhaust may not be an issue either... Not sure though
                      Yea, as long as you're not open header, I don't think exhaust is a problem.

Sev, I'd just get it inspected and have them tell you if anything needs to be fixed. I doubt they will, inspections on our cars here is pretty laughable.

Sent from my HTC One A9 using Tapatalk

Comment

Re-Bumpping this. Really curious to where people are taking their older bmws.

There is a resto place that mostly does 2002s off royal and 35. I may drop by there and see if they are able to help.

Comment

no responses?

I will be trying out clownshoe i think. went by the resto splace (select classic), they seem to do more full restoration than work on cars, but he helped direct me in some areas to try before taking it in. He was also willing to do the work, but were busy w/ many 2002 restorations.

Comment

Vorshlag designs, builds, and sells automotive products for late model sports cars. This includes our line of spherical camber plates, shocks, V8 swaps and more.

They did work on my buddies E36 m3. They are pretty reputable in DFW area.

Comment

Originally posted by CB-M3 View Post
                              https://vorshlag-store.com/

They did work on my buddies E36 m3. They are pretty reputable in DFW area.
                              I had no idea they were here, I watched their LS adventures on bimmerforums for years back in the day! I'm going to have to swing by there.

Comment

Working...
                              X