No announcement yet.

Lukes Sig

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

safari locks up every time Luke posts. Firefox has no problems however reading Luke's words of wisdom
    m106 1990 e30
    e36 daily
    e32 cruiser

Comment

to all you guys having the issue w/ safari/firefox......you're running leopard right (10.5.x)?, upgrading to snow leopard resolves this issues w/ animated gifs, for some effing reason 64 bit os resolves this (don't think this issue was present in tiger though)

Comment

i have tiger...

Need Illustration or Design work? www.robbiebyerly.com

Comment

open up activity monitor (/Applications/Utilities) when you load anything w/ lukes sig, what's maxed out? the CPU section or the memory section. try downloading opera (has a smaller footprint than firefox/safari/chrome)

Comment

raafhimself: nice tip except Snow is Intel only, those of us with real Motorola machines can't upgrade thanks to Apple's devious business practices.

Comment

I would just get firefox. You shouldn't be having these problems even with an old(er) mbp.

My new(er) mbp doesn't have issues with chrome.
              Originally posted by z31maniac
              I just hate everyone.

No need for discretion.

Comment

correct. didn't know op was rocking a ppc. but totally call bs on excluding this architecture...

Originally posted by Ryann View Post
                raafhimself: nice tip except Snow is Intel only, those of us with real Motorola machines can't upgrade thanks to Apple's devious business practices.

Comment

And for the Mac haters: the sig problem is ridiculous, yes.

But for those of us who wish to record 13+ simultaneous tracks of 24bit 96k audio direct to disk while using processing power to apply multi-layer effects on said audio, play other previously recorded/edited tracks, perform and play MIDI operations, view and edit HD video, check out the new posts on r3vlimited, and monitor email all at the same time without ever crashing because of some system software or hardware deficiency..

It's a reality you can't imagine.

Comment

well fire fox really does appear to be the solution, guess ill be watching r3v from here now.

shame i dont really like firefox

Need Illustration or Design work? www.robbiebyerly.com

Comment

Originally posted by RickSloan View Post
                      it is a real computer, its a mac book pro
                      My fucking ultraportable dell doesnt lock up on a fucking sig.

But for those of us who wish to record 13+ simultaneous tracks of 24bit 96k audio direct to disk while using processing power to apply multi-layer effects on said audio, play other previously recorded/edited tracks, perform and play MIDI operations, view and edit HD video, check out the new posts on r3vlimited, and monitor email all at the same time without ever crashing because of some system software or hardware deficiency..

Im running a SQL service, an enterprise imaging software and watch blu-ray rips while fucking around on the plane.

Your shit isnt that hot, sorry. Macs might have had a performance edge when they were PowerPC chips but now they are just PCs for people who want to look like a hipster waffleswaffleswaffleswaffleswaffleswaffles.
                      Im now E30less.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan Stewart View Post
                        My fucking ultraportable dell doesnt lock up on a fucking sig.

Im running a SQL service, an enterprise imaging software and watch blu-ray rips while fucking around on the plane.

Your shit isnt that hot, sorry. Macs might have had a performance edge when they were PowerPC chips but now they are just PCs for people who want to look like a hipster waffleswaffleswaffleswaffleswaffleswaffles.
                        First of all: calm the fuck down; second of all; cool story bro.

Download the GrApple theme (I think tangy is the plain one) and firefox will look exactly like safari, except you will notice that it is smoother. :)
                        Originally posted by z31maniac
                        I just hate everyone.

No need for discretion.

Comment

Mr. Stewart: Macs are not an image for me, they're just the only thing available that will do what I want them to do, period. I run a real PPC, not the new Intel shit. And actually, my shit is 6 years old and is STILL hot. Really hot.

Not fully upgraded yet, either.

Comment

Mac FTW

Comment

Originally posted by StereoInstaller1 View Post
                              I am gonna call the ASPCA on your avatar
                              ahahahaha i swear its not mine
                              PSN ID: Yourself1

Comment

Intel Core i7 at 2.8ghz (that's a quad, in case you didn't know), 6gb, ram 1tb in raid, GTX 295. I do all that you can and pwn face when it comes to gaming graphics. It's the parts you have, not the OS. I've never had Windows crash on me. Ever.

SC*AR (Schwarz Army)
                                No longer stock ride height, rolling as low as a daily driver in New England should without worrying about breaking an oil pan. :up:

Comment

Working...
                                X