e36s vs e30s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

e36s vs e30s

Funny i always thought that i was going to get an e30 but one mechanic i have been speaking to is saying that he thinks the e36 is a better car overall
    and not just for its modern amenities.
    I was always under the impression that the e30 was bullet proof compared to e36s.

To top it has been easier for me to find a decent e36 compared to an e30.

He's your mechanic.. of course he's going to tell you to get the car that breaks more. :P

Comment

If you dont mind spending more money and having to take it in to get it worked on then go with the e36, of course thats what your mechanic is gonna recomend. I drive and e30 becuase there cheaper and easier to work on.

Comment

e36's have better motors and suspension although their interiors FALL appart. The germans discovered glue around the e36 era and decided to field test it on the 3. Unfortunately it was a miserable failure.
        ///Alpinweiß II 24v 91' 318is, Alpinweiß III 99' 323i, 04' Yamaha R6 SE for sale, 00' VW GTi, 83' El Camino BURNED, 01' P71sold, 92' Miatasold

Comment

I feel in some ways the top end of the E36 motors are more reliable as the cam and valves are the weakpoint in the E30 M20 engines.
          Me: "I can't wait to redline my car!"
          Mark: "Didn't you just break a rocker arm?"
          Me: "Yeah, I don't think I've learned my lesson."
          Mark: "You never will."

Comment

the e30 is a better CAR. i will agree the M20 is a weak motor. The best thing to do is get a solid E30 and do a 24v swap. Done. best 3 series u can have.

Comment

My sig says it all.

Comment

Plus, E30s look cooler, less streamlined...
                www.slapdashracing.com

Comment

haha i agree with that ^^
                  '91 Schwartz 325i[/B]

Comment

Alot of people say the the e36 is a better car. But these are people who dont want what I love about a car.

Drive both cars hard, balls out. Step back, take a good look at both cars. Open both hoods, (youll see that one opens properly)... We wont even bring up the interiors..

Its a no brainer really. I dont care about superior e36 suspension. If you can drive that stuff doesent matter.
                    -Jay

2014 NASA FL se30 champ #81
                    2001 se46 3 year plan in progress

Comment

e30's are much more fun to drive than a e36. the e30 is a wild, agile, and potent beast, while as the e36 is a tame, docile, dead broke horse. if you just want to tur the key and go, get a e36. if you want fun, and endless smiles, then go with a e30.
                      sigpic

Comment

E36's are the Stephen Baldwin of the 3 series family. They barely hold everything together and they only sold a lot because of the popularity of their older sibling.

Comment

I've had both (see sig). I like the E36 better as a daily driver, but the e30 has far more character. Post graduation I'm getting back in an E30. It's a more solid and complete car. The E36 is faster but with a more clinical and detached feel.

There are plusses and minuses to both cars.
                          2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
                          95 M3/2/5 (S54 and Mk60 DSC, CARB legal, Build Thread)
                          98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

E36=Fail

Comment

I will preface with I love my E30, but for a daily driver I think I would rather have an E36. . Something about having a great AC and comfortable seats and and all the other things that make the E36 numb and boring in comparison to an E30. It is also easier to find an E36 in good condition than an E30 that is gaining cult status and getting harder and harder to find.
                              with that said:

To me the E30 is the nasty little slut everyone wants to fuck and nobody wants to talk about, where the E36 is the pretty girl that is lousy in bed, but you still want to hit and tell everyone. Just remember after you marry the pretty girl you will be thinking about the dirty little slut that we call the E30.
                              Brian Jacobs

Comment

Working...
                              X