how much is this worth?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how much is this worth?

I'm looking at a buying this '88 with 103kmi. Seems to run in pretty good shape. No after market parts besides springs/shocks.
    Needs a lot of cosmetic work but that's about it.

What do you guys thinks is fair to offer?
    Attached Files

Does it have any rust? It depends on where the car is located and originated

I would say 10-12 though based on those pics.

Comment

id probably offer 8,000 and feel okay that id have a margin to work with.

Originally posted by ApexGoblin
      well make sure your priorities are straight... e30 first :up:

Comment

look like it was hit in Left Front Corner

Comment

You know if they let the body go like that you can probably bet that they ignored basic maintenance like

brake fluid changes every year (count on rust in the system, brake fluid is hygroscopic)
          oil and filter changes every year (even if not driven much, look for pitted bearings where the condensed water sits)
          Coolant flush every two years (expect the water pump to crap on you, no distilled water expect deposits in the system)
          stabil in the fuel tank (look for gummed up pumps, filters, injectors, pressure regulators)
          AC system ....
          valve adjustments, sync throttle bodies, check and set CO and base idle every two years....
          Engine belts

Then there are just things that go bad with time and elements
          rotten rubber bits like vacuum hoses, bushings, coolant hoses, window and door seals

Unless you are a stubborn masochist, I would walk away. Ask me how I know what can be found.

If you insist on pressing on, and recognize your own masochistic ways, a rust free rolling shell is worth 8k. Banged up shells are worth less. I would treat this as more or less a banged up shell + core motor and a core with all accessories is worth no more than 3k.

Good luck.
          1989 e30 m3 Zinnoberrot/Grey 245k Track/M3T
          1991 e30 m3 Alpinweiß/Schwartz 80k Garage Queen
          1991 325iX Diamantschwarz/Schwartz MTech 107k Snowmobile

Comment

^ Nail... he hits it.
            Current: 1988 M3 - Henna/Black black alcantara

Guten Parts + Service
            ... When you care enough to only give the very best.

Previous:
            '87 S50 MTech 1 325is
            '07 DTM Audi S4
            '03 VF Supercharged M3
            '03 Lexus IS300 (615rwhp/512rwtq)

Comment

Don't offer anything.. just try to see how much he wants for it first then make an offer.

Comment

Thats not an 88. Its a 90 or 91.

That thing would take more than 10k to bring it up to snuff, just from common maint items and the issues that are apparent from the photos. More than 10k is likely.
                sigpic

Comment

Did 88's come with airbags???

Comment

Current owner bought it for $3500 a couple weeks ago.... All over s14.net

Comment

Originally posted by e30brian View Post
                      Current owner bought it for $3500 a couple weeks ago.... All over s14.net
                      This isn't the same car. He's had it for 11 years and the asking price is $16,000!
                      Clearly the unanimous opinion here is that's not worth it.

Anyone else know of one that is in good shape <= $16K?? Prefer Northeast but can transport from anywhere.

Comment

that is not worth 16k...
                        AWD > RWD

Comment

Originally posted by junkyard_sal View Post
                          You know if they let the body go like that you can probably bet that they ignored basic maintenance like

brake fluid changes every year (count on rust in the system, brake fluid is hygroscopic)
                          oil and filter changes every year (even if not driven much, look for pitted bearings where the condensed water sits)
                          Coolant flush every two years (expect the water pump to crap on you, no distilled water expect deposits in the system)
                          stabil in the fuel tank (look for gummed up pumps, filters, injectors, pressure regulators)
                          AC system ....
                          valve adjustments, sync throttle bodies, check and set CO and base idle every two years....
                          Engine belts

Then there are just things that go bad with time and elements
                          rotten rubber bits like vacuum hoses, bushings, coolant hoses, window and door seals

Unless you are a stubborn masochist, I would walk away. Ask me how I know what can be found.

If you insist on pressing on, and recognize your own masochistic ways, a rust free rolling shell is worth 8k. Banged up shells are worth less. I would treat this as more or less a banged up shell + core motor and a core with all accessories is worth no more than 3k.

Good luck.
                          ^+10.

5-8k and $10k extra on bank account to start with.

Comment

Originally posted by oliwer78 View Post
                            ^+10.

5-8k and $10k extra on bank account to start with.
                            x2
                            Originally posted by BAlbertiX
                            your my boy blue!

Comment

Originally posted by dinkman94 View Post
                              He's had it for 11 years and the asking price is $16,000!
                              Funniest thing I've read this week. Ask him how much he'll pay you not to slap the shit out of him for running that car into the fucking dirt.
                              Chris

'83 320i - Crashed :(
                              '71 Nova - (9.71 @ 172mph) - Sold
                              '83 320i - Taking Offers
                              '01 325i - Sold
                              '07 Mazdaspeed6 - Sold
                              '89 325iX - Rust Free, 2 Door, 5 Speed
                              '06 M5 - Interlagos Blue SMG

Comment

Working...
                              X