For a daily, which would you choose?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For a daily, which would you choose?

I'm looking at picking up either an e36 or an e34 for a daily. Mainly just looking for something bigger and slightly more modern ( I know the e34 is still an 80s bmw).
    I have no preference between 2 door/ 4 door, I would prefer a 5 speed but from what I've seen 5 speed e34 aren't so common.
    Which model would you choose? And if you have any input about either please add it.

Flickr

@michael.colby on Instagram

"All he needed was a wheel in his hand and four on the road"

E34 535i 5sp or e34 540i/6.

/done.
    1974.5 Jensen Healey : 2003 330i/5

Comment

when there is a choice between an e36 and another car, you choose the other car.
      Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Originally posted by Wh33lhop
      VANOS: sometimes you just need to go full retard.

Comment

I'd personally choose the E34. It's your preference though. Drive them both and see which one you like more. The E36s aren't that much more modern if that's what you are worrying about.

1992 BMW 525iT Calypso
        2011 Jeep Wrangler

Comment

Absolutly the e34. Build quality of the e36 is horrendous

88 325iS(Cam'ed m20)
          P2 S60 Daily
          IG: @ratherbefisting

Comment

Having been in both. My friend had an M50NV With a 5speed in his E34. Really comfy car.

Never ever ever go for the e36.

Leave Me Transaction Feedback

Comment

Originally posted by trackjunkie21 View Post
              when there is a choice between an e36 and another car, you choose the other car.

lol.

E34 for sure. Solid and Executive. Drove a previously neglected E34 525i M20 for a few weeks and it felt better than my e36 m3.

E36, well, E36.
              -03/2005 E46 330D Touring 6spd(204hp/410nM) Sapphire Black/Naturbraun Sport...300k KM & 35mpg(mixed)

Comment

daily driver? .... Jetta TDi
                I can run Auto Checks on VINs for tips/donations:
                PM me VIN(s) and I'll get you ALL the public recorded info that I have available.
                paypal as gift to Mike@benzinkrieg.com

Information/Request sticky thread for Vehicle History Reports
                http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=216119

Comment

Originally posted by trackjunkie21 View Post
                  I actually LoL'ed at this, my inside sales people are looking at me like I should share a joke....
                  Originally Posted by ACMF74
                  i clicked on this cuz i saw p3nis

Comment

I'd choose a facelift E36 97/98 onwards...all the modern bits and realibilty is awesome. My daily is a E36 328iSE (in sig)...can't fault it!

BTW that black E36 above is my mates friend in London!!! lol

Originally posted by Deltron Dirty30
                    Dean, has anyone told you that youre a spitting image of English singer-songwriter and musician, james blunt?

Comment

Don't puss out, go for the e32 :up:

jk those thing's are pigs, get an e34 or an e39 if possible.

1991 318is -> 2004 R32 -> 2002 Jetta TDI -> 2014 FiST

No E30 Club

Comment

I daily an e36 during the summer months and love it. Once you get all the annoying bugs worked out, they're not as bad as people say.

I have no first hand experience with e34's, but I wouldn't turn down a 540/6 as a daily driver.
                        sigpic

Comment

Between the E34 you have pictured or an E36 I would go with the E34, that thing is gorgeous. However, most of what I see out on the road on a daily basis look like clapped out piles of poo. It seems much easier to find a clean E36 but if you can find a clean, well maintained E34 I'd go with that.
                          91 318is M50 swapped
                          05 Honda Pilot

24V swap thread
                          http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=302524

Comment

Originally posted by Dean View Post
                            I'd choose a facelift E36 97/98 onwards...all the modern bits and realibilty is awesome. My daily is a E36 328iSE (in sig)...can't fault it!

BTW that black E36 above is my mates friend in London!!! lol
                            No kidding? I just picked a car off google.

I should have known I would get a lot of e36 hate but to be honest I wanted an e36 before I found e30s haha. Does anyone know how difficult 5speed swaps are on both cars e34 or e36. I'm waiting on some more pics for a 91 535i that is auto, I'm also looking at a 96 328is that is auto (includes a 5speed swap).

Flickr

@michael.colby on Instagram

"All he needed was a wheel in his hand and four on the road"

Comment

Iowa low on rust? I'd vote e34 if so. north east seems to do a number on them.
                              Originally posted by Lof8
                              4 doors allow you to transport more whores.
                              therefore, their value is much greater.
                              Down to: 89 aw2 332i/4/5 , 70 Sahara 2002

Comment

Working...
                              X