suggestions and advice for some e30 work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Conki View Post
    One important thing to keep in mind: Don't drink the 12 pack before you start wrenching. Drink the beer while you are wrenching. Don't work on a car drunk.
    thanks will have 5 before and 7 after lol
    sigpic

- 1987 325e m20 6cyl manual -

Comment

No problem dude I pritty much bought everything from supercheap for my self.

To answer your other question no I am not a mech far from it lol. I design roads. But one day I had enough of giving my money to mechs so I bough the tools and the book and just went at it. Alot of the DIY are a bit confusing but I find once you are in there it all comes clear.
      sigpic

Comment

you definitely should just get the tools. the E30 is a pretty easy car to work on. im not a mechanic either, and haven't worked on all that many cars, but ive done a 5spd swap, diff swap, all the engine maintenance (timing belt, valve adjustment, etc) and so on.

It has all been relatively easy, and the bentley manual is pretty much all ive used for instructions (and forums).

you pay a mechanic, the job gets done and you're out a bunch of money OR you buy yourself all the tools you'd need, learn your car a bit, and you can continue to save tons of money anytime you need work done to your car!
        good luck bud

Comment

I am impressed by the way you covered this topic. It is not often I come across a blog with captivating articles like yours . That was a very helpful piece – thanks!
          appliance repair san diego

Comment

thanks alot guys

you have completely inspired me

when i have a bit more money i will purchase some tools
            sigpic

- 1987 325e m20 6cyl manual -

Comment

Originally posted by applianceRepair11 View Post
              I am impressed by the way you covered this topic. It is not often I come across a blog with captivating articles like yours . That was a very helpful piece – thanks!
              Don't know who you are thanking but no problem. lol
              sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X