someone please tell me this isn't happening

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jean View Post
    I obviously don't know enough about politics, but can a law be "signed/passed" behind closed doors w/o all usually required parties to vote on it?
    sure nuff.

"Its preparations are concealed, not published. Its mistakes are buried not headlined. Its dissenters are silenced, not praised. No expenditure is questioned, no rumor is printed, no secret is revealed."

John F. Kennedy

Comment

Originally posted by HarryPotter View Post
      Nah it's about doing what you think is right. Doesn't matter if a dick nose rep. or johnny golfer are president. Same shit.
      So if voting doesn't matter, why even give a shit about politics?
      Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
      Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
      One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Originally posted by z31maniac View Post
        So if voting doesn't matter, why even give a shit about politics?
        It's not about politics sir, it's about liberty and freedom. 8-)

"Its preparations are concealed, not published. Its mistakes are buried not headlined. Its dissenters are silenced, not praised. No expenditure is questioned, no rumor is printed, no secret is revealed."

John F. Kennedy

Comment

Republicans want Obama to win 2012

Comment

I'd love to punch that fucking smug asshole right in his mouth.

John F. Kennedy

Comment

And people wonder why someone would move to rural nowheresville and not attend protests that are testing grounds for facial recognition software. Just sayin'.

Comment

Originally posted by Farbin Kaiber View Post
                And people wonder why someone would move to rural nowheresville and not attend protests that are testing grounds for facial recognition software. Just sayin'.

:rofl:

Farb we really need to meet in the middle some time soon, before travel between nowheresville and middleofnowhere is prohibited with out express governmental permission LOL
                Originally posted by Fusion
                If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by deutschman View Post
                  Has anyone been fallowing the SOPA Internet Censorship Bill? There is some crazy stuff in it!

Techdirt has been a non-stop source of alarming news about SOPA. 90% of thier stories are about copyright/patent issues so this is pretty huge to them.

It's getting a fairly widespread movement against it, even large companies like google are stepping up to say how bad it is. I'd almost put money that faux news hasn't said a peep about either of these two issues though.
                  sigpic
                  Originally posted by u3b3rg33k
                  If you ever sell that car, tell me first. I want to be the first to not be able to afford it.

Comment

^

Like I said I have been waring of this commign up for almost a year............

I heard it on Fox nearly a year ago. So ummm yeah that kinda shoots your theory in the ass Nice try though ;)
                    Originally posted by Fusion
                    If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                    The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                    William Pitt-

Comment

oh well, I'm still just gonna keep hating them anyway.
                      sigpic
                      Originally posted by u3b3rg33k
                      If you ever sell that car, tell me first. I want to be the first to not be able to afford it.

Comment

Originally posted by Wiglaf View Post
                        oh well, I'm still just gonna keep hating them anyway.
                        I just hate everyone.

No need for discretion.
                        Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
                        Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
                        One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Wow that is like taking a huge step towards communism pretty much.
                          sigpic

Comment

Jean asked me about this bill the other day so I did some research on it. If you read the bill it does NOT apply to US citizens, this is the EXACT text in the bill.

(b) Applicability to United States Citizens and Lawful Resident Aliens-

(1) UNITED STATES CITIZENS- The requirement to detain a person in military custody under this section does not extend to citizens of the United States.

(2) LAWFUL RESIDENT ALIENS- The requirement to detain a person in military custody under this section does not extend to a lawful resident alien of the United States on the basis of conduct taking place within the United States, except to the extent permitted by the Constitution of the United States.

So what you guys think it is ( way around due process for citizens ) and what it really is ( closes the loophole for foreign born terrorists on US soil receiving constitutional rights after they are brought here ) are two very different things.

Comment

Originally posted by Massimo View Post
                              Wow that is like taking a huge step towards communism pretty much.

Communism ( real communism, not that shit they had in the USSR ) is an economic issue, not one of due process. Fascism would have been a better word for you to use originally but if you look at my above post you'll see that even that doesn't really apply.

Comment

Originally posted by Pinepig View Post
                                Communism ( real communism, not that shit they had in the USSR ) is an economic issue, not one of due process. Fascism would have been a better word for you to use originally but if you look at my above post you'll see that even that doesn't really apply.
                                I agree with you there but most commumist if not all are lead by dictatorship and along with that comes laws like the above. I should say that this is not what comunism is about far from it. But unfortunatly it gives the rulers the option to do as they wish you could say.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X