This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vlad

Bought a steering wheel, promptly shipped, safely packaged to cross into the Great White North, opened it up like a kid at Christmas and got all giddy... Smooth, trouble free transaction. In fact so smooth I bought some more stuff... and probably will again. Thanx Vlad, appreciate the efforts.

Picked up some sick seats from him today. Great guy
    Originally posted by BAlbertiX
    your my boy blue!

Comment

Replied to my questions quickly on PM , took pics of how he packaged the wheels for shipment and had them sent the same day of my payment. was quick and easy
      sigpic

Comment

Vlad

Ok, so to keep this short and get to the point I will try to keep my emotions at bay and get on with just the facts!

- I asked Vlad to repaint my car (Early March)

- He quoted me between $3,500-$4,500 and after seeing the Zinno e24 (amazing finish!!!) in person that he repainted, I told him that I was sending my car to him to repaint.

- I shipped my car from Virginia (Mid March) and paid him a deposit of $2,000 by personal check (dated check can be seen below in the photos) before any work ever began on the car. I also made it known to Vlad that the rear brake caliper has a stuck guide bolt. I made it explicitly clear that the car was “NOT TO BE DRIVEN!”

- Early April I leave on an Air Force deployment (one of many this year), and when I get back Vlad tells me that his body guy was out, then one committed suicide and another was sick and then weeks later, eventually work began on my car. He later contacts me with an adjusted quote of $6,000 as there were some issues with the car.

- At the time the car was already partially sanded down. Since the process was already started, I agreed pay the additional cost of the adjusted quote. (this is now June as seen in the second dated check)

-I deploy for another quick in and out mission (June-mid August), get back, and to my surprise I see photos of my car at SIGFest (June 24-26) with Vlad in the car! (photos can be seen below) DRIVING MY CAR WITHOUT PERMISSION TO A CAR SHOW!? AND ON BAD REAR BRAKES!!! You can imagine how I felt. I am half way around the world and Vlad is driving my car to a car show.

- The car was finally done and before it got picked up he sent me iPhone photos of the car and I immediately noticed my etched “BMW Motorsport” door handles were not on the car, but rather stock handles. I called Vlad up and he said that was how the car came to him. I asked him politely to check it out and after a good 10 minutes he found them laying on a workbench down in the shop. “OK whatever just please put them back on I said to myself.”

-According to Vlad he was not there when the car got picked up. In the process of driving from NJ, the transport truck breaks down in Laurel, MD. I got a phone call saying that it was going to be 2-3 days as they were waiting for a replacement lower radiator hose and it being the weekend. I was asked if I wanted to come up to Laurel, MD (about 40-50 miles from me) and pick up the car. As impatient as I am, and as much as I wanted to get my car, I declined as the rear brakes were not safe to drive on. I would wait out the extra 2 days.

- Car is delivered while I am at work. The driver unloads the car in the driveway and leaves! Not cool but not the least of my problems.

-When I arrived home, I noticed the paint finish, the runs, the orange peel,sanded off a part of my VIN sticker in the door jam, missing one vin sticker off a fender, overspray on windows, exterior trim, overspray on BLACK BBS RK wheels, and on my DASH!!! The sunroof liner is now sagging, shadow bent as if a roof rack was installed (or maybe swapped our for another e30), electrical tape was used on the bumpers, the Evo bumper gasket was improperly aligned/installed, trunk was misaligned, as were the rear bumper and sunroof.

- I washed the car and found many waves, dings and sand marks that were sprayed over. I immediately contacted Vlad.

-Vlad begins to tell me that the shipping company must have damaged the car and re-sprayed it.

-My thought process at the moment was: A whole car can be sanded down and re-sprayed in 2 days? Moreover, does it make sense for a shipping company who is getting $300 to transport a car from NJ to VA to spend a single extra dime on getting a car fixed? That is why they have insurance companies to sort things out.

-Vlad’s suggestion of the transport company re-spraying my car is not a logical response.

- I had a nice 2 month deployment coming up and I contacted Vlad in mid August asking for my receipt. At the time I had asked him to return half of my money ($3,000), and I told him that I would send him all the photos and videos of the car showing the many imperfections.

- Using “choice words,” Vlad told me that he was not giving a single cent back. He suggested that I bring the car back to him so he could take a look at it, and that we would go from there. I told him that since I would be gone for a while due to a deployment, he had time to cool down and think things over. We would discuss our approach to the situation at a later date. I had made it known that due to how I was treated and what I experienced, I did not trust the shop enough to bring my car back to them.

- No way would anyone take anything back to the same shop that screwed it up in the first place.

- I told Vlad that I was going to get legal counseling through Air Force JAG and to cover my own self just in case I wanted to or needed to pursue this matter legally (although I feel its wrong and should not have gone this far).

- I told Vlad that I want to post pics up on the forums to have some sort of accountability and keep us both honest. Once again using “choice words,” he told me that if I posted photos he would not fix anything. I hold off on posting photos and give him time to think about refunding me half of what I paid ($3000).

- While being deployed I tried to get a hold of Vlad as our TDY got extended for a few weeks. I sent Vlad several PMs and did not receive responses for any of them. I tried to get his attention by posting in threads asking him to check his PMs – nothing.

- I then create a thread “Paging Vlad - check your PMs please and reply!!!” LINK: http://www.s14.net/forums/showthread.php?t=53412

- I finally on October the 13th I get a reply from him telling me the receipt is on its way along with a letter from his attorney on r3vlimited.com LINK to his post: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...7&postcount=50

- NEITHER THE RECEIPT NOT THE LETTER EVER COME IN!

- I have made multiple attempts at calling Vlad, as well as sending texts, but he still did not reply! (I took snap shots of the last few TXT I sent him they are below following the photos.)

- After thinking this through, praying and getting advice, I have come to this conclusion:

As much as I would like to take Vlad to court for not only the improper work done, but also driving my car without permission, I have come to accept the fact that biblically it is not right for one to take another to court (1 Cor 6, Mathew 18:15-17...) I understand many will disagree with me, and many have let me know this already, but in the Lord’s eyes it is the right thing to do. I believe Vlad will one day get what he deserves; I am not the 1st person who has been wronged by him.

-I am posting these photos to show some of the flaws. As you can imagine most of the waves and dings and sand marks are hard to capture with a camera.

-Vlad, I gave you plenty of time to think about it, and have tried contacting you so many times and in so many different ways, yet still no response or acknowledgement. You made up lies and posted false statements, and at this point I just want to bring closure to this terrible ordeal.

- Vlad, you should be ashamed of yourself for conducting yourself in such a manner. You yourself called this a "tight community"

- However I believe that through every life experience, good or bad, we learn valuable life lessons. Sadly this one cost me $6,000 and my e30 M3.

The photos:

Comment

Comment

Comment

the two checks I sent Vlad (sorry for the poor quality - bank scans via online statement)

and pics of Vlad in my car and at SigFest 2011

and this one has Vlad actually in the car driving it!

Comment

and the last few TXT I sent him (iPhone to iPhone)

Comment

Wow.
                  -Jay

2014 NASA FL se30 champ #81
                  2001 se46 3 year plan in progress

Comment

I also wanna ask members to not create a trash talking thread about Vlad. He has had plenty of those. I simply want to bring this forward and into light.

Comment

I also must add that even though this thread will not bring any real justice, its closure for me and in a way it takes this big burden and stress off my chest. It feels good to finally get it over with and focus on finding a body shop that will fix it and make my baby look good again. :p

Comment

that paint job looked like ass. I spent $1600 at maaco and got better quality than that (but still mine was shit)

sorry to hear Yan

Comment

Those pictures tell a heck of a story. What kind of businessman cannot provide you with a receipt for work performed? Sorry it happened that way, Yan, perhaps you can be comforted knowing you may have saved someone else from similar grief.
                          sigpic
                          Originally posted by JinormusJ
                          Don't buy an e30

They're stupid
                          1989 325is Raged on then sold.
                          1988 325 SETA 2DR Beaten to death, then parted.
                          1988 325 SETA 4DR Parted.
                          1990 325i Cabrio Daily'd, then stored 2 yrs ago.

Comment

6K for that? Jeez.

Check Us out on Facebook
                            Needing a harness adapter or wiring help? Check it out: also have 24v motor mounts, E30 M3 covers and E36 ECU mounts!
                            Full Product Line Tuning
                            OBD2 Tuning Available! OBD2 E36, S54 Swap, S62 Swap, etc: tuning@MarkertMotorWorks.com Dyno Thread

Comment

Very respectfully presented YAN , i'm sure that wasn't easy. Best of luck with your next paint job.
                              Lorin

Originally posted by slammin.e28
                              The M30 is God's engine.

Comment

Working...
                              X