Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how much have you paid for the flash in your S54 DME for a swap?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MarkD View Post
    Ham, I am trying to sell my s54 flash and I'm a sponsor here. Why would you tell people to go somewhere else?
    And did they do it themselves or send it out to get done?
    And you think I can't do that? The topic of the thread asks how much you paid, not who else besides me people should go to instead.
    No hard feelings Mark, Simply saw the thread title, jumped to the last page and posted up here oops
    Not trying to take away your business, just sharing my experience so all of us can benefit

Am all in for state side Dme hacking so am glad to see that your offering this service aswell but to answer your question, yes they did all the work in house. Nice to have other options then BW at a competitive price friends?

Ham

Comment

I already plan to sell this for less than anyone else, and that was the reason for the question about prices. I don't think competition makes me better. I only sell something once it's already better than what is available elsewhere, or else I don't sell it. That is a arrogant statement. And tell me how low prices is good for me. Its not good for you. You were not included in that "us" I just used. It is better for the consumer. Now we could get into 'some" ways this may benefit you as in you actually finding the exact spot supply demand curve that lets you sell the most amount of product to make the most amount of profit. But I'm sure you get econ 101.

Diff topic Is the fact that people sell copies of my chips for $50 or whatever good for me? Explain that one.

You have many threads on this. Lets not make this another one.

Also, if he wants to post the place he got his DME flashed in another thread that's fine, but why piss on a sponsor's thread to basically say "go to this other guy who is not a sponsor" ? Does that help us all also?

I am not sure if you are aware, but some of the guys selling s54 swap software have just ripped it off from someone else. I've heard this from various sources including some from here who have emailed me. Is that also part of the competition you speak of?
      The people I speak of were doing before you even mentioned it on here. And your hearsay bullshit makes you look petty. If you want to call some people out, then do it. Otherwise why even mention it.

Good luck selling this. I'm glad you are offering it on this side of the pond. I once considered going this route but an s52 turbo just seems way more economical and somehow less dramatic. :/

Originally posted by Roysneon
      $5 shipped?
      Originally posted by MarkD
      You are a strange dude, I'n not answering any more posts from you.

Comment

Originally posted by Thing30 View Post
        No hard feelings Mark, Simply saw the thread title, jumped to the last page and posted up here oops
        Not trying to take away your business, just sharing my experience so all of us can benefit

Am all in for state side Dme hacking so am glad to see that your offering this service aswell but to answer your question, yes they did all the work in house. Nice to have other options then BW at a competitive price friends?

Ham
        Ham,

Thanks for clarifying.

Do you think they actually did the development in house, or are they just getting a file from someone in Europe? Developing the files requires a completely different understanding of the DME than reading and flashing a file supplied by someone else. I actually reverse large engineered sections of the code in the MSS54 DME to do what I offer, I'm not getting a file from somewhere else. That requires a large investment in software and hardware tools, and in reverse engineering.

Mark
        URL: www.dsylva-tech.ca

Comment

Originally posted by samiam3356 View Post
          The people I speak of were doing before you even mentioned it on here. And your hearsay bullshit makes you look petty. If you want to call some people out, then do it. Otherwise why even mention it.

Good luck selling this. I'm glad you are offering it on this side of the pond. I once considered going this route but an s52 turbo just seems way more economical and somehow less dramatic. :/
          I was doing it long before anyone else. I worked on software for an S54 swap in 2005, you can find the initial post on bimmerforums and I've posted a link to it in another thread here. I was doing it long before I mentioned it here, I just wasn't offering it for sale.

Comment

So my post is correct. They were doing it before you mentioned it on here?

$5 shipped?

Comment

So my post is correct. They were doing it before you mentioned it on here?
              What are you talking about? I said I had working s54 swaps in 2005, long before anyone else.

Comment

You hadn't mentioned it on HERE, meaning R3v. It was more of a joke about a technicality.

Later

edit: yeah pretty strange.
                Last edited by samiam3356; 03-29-2012, 09:45 AM.

$5 shipped?

Comment

Ham,

Thanks for clarifying.

Do you think they actually did the development in house, or are they just getting a file from someone in Europe? Developing the files requires a completely different understanding of the DME than reading and flashing a file supplied by someone else. I actually reverse large engineered sections of the code in the MSS54 DME to do what I offer, I'm not getting a file from somewhere else. That requires a large investment in software and hardware tools, and in reverse engineering.

Mark
                  Mark,

I know it was done by their in house tuner. Castro has done several, here's one we may be familiar with
                  Bimmerforums is the preferred online BMW Forum and community for BMW owners. At Bimmerforums, you will find technical how-to information maintenance specifics audio advice wheel and tire combinations and model specific details not found anywhere else. Our professionals are here to help make sure you find the answers you need to your questions and our community is here to help other brainstorm ideas for the future.

Do I know what exactly was involved in detail? No, That would be a question for them. But I can say that Chris (e30polak) has mentioned to me of some extreme projects that they have brewing in the woodwork that require some serious software so, they definitely have the tools and knowledge to tackle this. Again, I don't know details of what was involved in reprogramming the ecu so its best to ask them directly.

Ham

Comment

You hadn't mentioned it on HERE, meaning R3v. It was more of a joke about a technicality.

Later

edit: yeah pretty strange.
                    Well sorry if you were joking around and I didn't catch on. Some of the comments you made just looked like you were attacking me and my products. And since I encounter that every so often on the forums, I'm getting tired of it. Your posts seemed to be like some of those others from the past.

Comment

so how much are you thinking about charging? i am looking to do this in the future.
                      Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Trust me it stock :yawn:

Comment

First off let me say a big thank you to all, there is more good info here on S54/M54 swaps than all the other forums combined.

I have had the S54 engine sitting in my garage for some time now but with the markets in such turmoil I haven't really had time to work on it.

I was actually willing to pay the $3.5k to Bimmerworld but they were not able to provide me with concrete steps for A/C integration. The ambient temps are 80ish all year round here with 80% humidity, so A/C is an absolute must for any kind of driving.

I was studying the diagram for the 2001 MZ3/S54, it appears that the MZ3 cluster is able to take in the two distinct signals (AC ON, Pressure Switch) on Pin 6/7 @X271 and feed it to the can bus, has anyone tried this? As far as I can tell, the DME doesn't care if the AC compressor is the variable displacement- or on/off-type, which is perfectly fine since I will use my S52 Denso compressor.

I will give my money to anyone who can provide a complete MSS54 solution including A/C. :)

Comment

i never realized that ac was such an integral part of tuning your car.
                          AWD > RWD

Comment

Originally posted by Kershaw View Post
                            i never realized that ac was such an integral part of tuning your car.
                            Wiring... I never knew you were an s54 swap & electronics expert. ;)
                            Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Hello MARKD

Can you flash the MSS52 DME for a s62 swap?

Comment

Originally posted by jevijavi View Post
                                Hello MARKD

Can you flash the MSS52 DME for a s62 swap?
                                Yes I can!

Comment

Working...
                                X