R3VLimited Forums  

Go Back   R3VLimited Forums > E30 Classified Forums > For Sale & Wanted > Parts For Sale

Old 04-16-2012, 05:41 AM   #16
jeffnhiscars
R3VLimited

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyMan View Post
thanks for that, Jeff.. what shocks are you running with that setup? I was really tempted to just swap out the HD's for Sport's thinking that it may lower the car slightly, but logic makes me think otherwise - I thought only the springs are responsible for the ride height and not the shocks..
Im running Bilstein Sports. You are correct about the springs controlling ride height although I was advised that a fresh strut will raise the car a bit from a blown one due to the slight "extending pressure" that gas struts have. The idea of the Sports is to match the range of motion to the ride height which is why they recommend Sports with "lowering springs".

The Pro Kits are rather soft springs and I had real comfort issues for years til I learned about cutting down the bump stops. That made an enormous difference which again goes to Shock length being matched to spring height. The Sports work near the lower end of their range so easily bottom out with a softer spring and the HD's would work at the upper end (in a lowered car). Thats why I thought you might "top out" with the HD's.
89 e30 Cabrio SOLD
06 550i blk\blk; 04 911; 01 530i Topaz blue\tan
74 Alfa GTV2000 silver\blk;71 Citroen SM traded for a boat (less maintenance); 59 Peugeot 203
jeffnhiscars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 11:03 AM   #17
MonkeyMan
E30 Addict

front strut inserts are sold..
bump for the rest - see original post
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'Wow! What a Ride!'”
- Hunter S. Thompson
MonkeyMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 11:41 AM   #18
droptope30
Noobie

Check P.M
droptope30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 10:12 PM   #19
ELIXIR
Wrencher

ford taurus sideskirts??? wtf! looks clean
ELIXIR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 10:40 PM   #20
MonkeyMan
E30 Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELIXIR View Post
ford taurus sideskirts??? wtf! looks clean
yea.. I won't take credit for that though - previous owner rigged those on there.
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'Wow! What a Ride!'”
- Hunter S. Thompson
Old 04-17-2012, 09:35 AM   #21
MonkeyMan
E30 Addict

bump
- Hunter S. Thompson
Old 04-17-2012, 11:21 PM   #22
MonkeyMan
E30 Addict

bumpy
- Hunter S. Thompson
Old 04-19-2012, 09:43 PM   #23
MonkeyMan
E30 Addict

bumpz
- Hunter S. Thompson
Old 04-20-2012, 11:00 PM   #24
MonkeyMan
E30 Addict

bump - prices updated
- Hunter S. Thompson
Old 04-22-2012, 12:26 PM   #25
MonkeyMan
E30 Addict

bump. make offers
- Hunter S. Thompson
Old 04-23-2012, 03:59 PM   #26
MonkeyMan
E30 Addict

^^^
- Hunter S. Thompson
Old 04-23-2012, 09:51 PM   #27
MonkeyMan
E30 Addict

springs are sold..
bump for the rest - see original post
- Hunter S. Thompson
Old 04-27-2012, 09:12 AM   #28
MonkeyMan
E30 Addict

bump
- Hunter S. Thompson
Old 04-28-2012, 11:57 PM   #29
MonkeyMan
E30 Addict

bumpy
- Hunter S. Thompson
Old 04-30-2012, 03:33 PM   #30
MonkeyMan
E30 Addict

^^^
- Hunter S. Thompson