Ellipsoid High-Beam Switch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ellipsoid High-Beam Switch

Once again I was bored at home today and decided to execute an idea I've had in my head for a while

As most of us know and some will yet find out, when you install ellipsoids in to non-ellipsoid cars, you lose the ability to keep your low-beams on with your high-beams. The simple solution is to jump the pins and viola, quad beam all night/all day

However, the ricer in me likes to be able to have my highs on by themselves sometimes, kinda like driving lights almost

Soooo, I took a really long wire and routed it through the fire wall to make a switch in the midst of what is essentially a long jumper wire. Here is how that went

Wrapped it with electrical tape after; this was a mock up to see that they would reach

Looks ghetto for sure... But it works.

Spent all of 2 seconds trying to figure out how to use this to control it... If anyone knows how, please assist! I don't have my fog lights in anyway. (Edit: Google search shows that on/off may be 5 and 7. Can anyone confirm? Wire diagram)

Results: Flip the switch one way and it works like it should.

Flip it the other way and it works like it shouldn't

Last edited by nickflic3; 05-16-2012, 05:39 PM.
    Bronzit 4-door Swap Drifting somewhere
    Cammed B25 Swap Daily Driver
    Updated 10/1

Originally posted by StereoInstaller1
    Maybe 300 CANADIAN HP, thats like 225 US HP.

I see whatchu did tharrrr. ;)
    @IRON-E30 aka Edwin:D

Comment

haha I'll figure out how to utilize the fog light switch tomorrow. The part that took the longest in this 20 minute project was getting the wire through
      Updated 10/1

Comment

thats pretty cool, im sure theres other people who would love to do both on command.

and jumping the pins is for newbz, just use the second power source on the low sealed beam connector (yes that third one thats "unnecessary") and it'll feed the juice to the low beam when the highs are switched.
        sigpic

Comment

you jump the relay lolz

Comment

Originally posted by dvck View Post
            thats pretty cool, im sure theres other people who would love to do both on command.

and jumping the pins is for newbz, just use the second power source on the low sealed beam connector (yes that third one thats "unnecessary") and it'll feed the juice to the low beam when the highs are switched.
            please expand on this..

Comment

Yes please explain! Makes sense that it would get power but jumping all the way down there would mean running longer wires to the interior! I have it set up pretty clean right now
              Updated 10/1

Comment

Working...
              X