No announcement yet.

2002 + s2000 = S2002 build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Build looks great! Imo I vote no to the brass knuckles on the trunk that's a honda fanboi thing. Doesn't 4.10 seem a little high for an s52 also? Keep up the good work it's going to be a monster when it's done
    1989 325i LS Swap (Money Pit):https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=244933
    COTM Feb 2019: https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=428404

Comment

Originally posted by Pootis View Post
      Build looks great! Imo I vote no to the brass knuckles on the trunk that's a honda fanboi thing. Doesn't 4.10 seem a little high for an s52 also? Keep up the good work it's going to be a monster when it's done
      Agree with retard.

4.10 with an S52 will be just baaaaaaaaaad.

Comment

Just a welding tip, use some tip grease on your nozel and let the cup drag along the lines to get a staighter weld. If you're in a position to where you can't lead, then use an instrument to run along the line. It's helped me a ton!

Comment

Originally posted by JCarp90 View Post
          Agree with retard.

4.10 with an S52 will be just baaaaaaaaaad.
          1989 325i LS Swap (Money Pit):https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=244933
          COTM Feb 2019: https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=428404

Comment

Originally posted by Vtec?lol View Post
            use some tip grease on your nozel and let the cup drag

i'm going to misappropriate this for a sig, kthnx

build is looking crazy! it's like a matchbox car

Comment

haha thanks guys! well i ordered a new wiring harness because the one in the car was all spliced and mickey moused. so i bought this

i should get it next week

but i just bought a brand new heater. its bad ass and it got pretty good reviews

Free Shipping - Vintage Air Gen-II Heaters with qualifying orders of $109. Shop Heaters at Summit Racing.

this is the one i got has everything, vents, control, and defrost!
              Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Trust me it stock :yawn:

Comment

brake and clutch reservoirs location... inside

the heater location

5/16th fuel lines

my modified trans brace

new tires for the pathfinder!!! did i mention i scored a perfect running 87 carb pathfinder for one dollar?

im thinking about buying these for the 2002 yay or nay?

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

^ Nay.

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
                  Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

looking good. keep working ;)
                    Also found on Facebook - Juuso Tero, Tampere
                    https://www.facebook.com/JuusosGarage

Comment

Nay!!!
                      Ich bin erstaunlich!

Comment

I admire you for taking on such a big project. I've welded a lot and if I may make a suggestion. A good portion of your beads are displaying low voltage and a fast puddle. Try turning up the voltage and moving the puddle a bit slower. You will get better penetration and a better looking weld as well. It will also reduce grinding time when cleaning up pieces. Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by LSM3 View Post
                          I admire you for taking on such a big project. I've welded a lot and if I may make a suggestion. A good portion of your beads are displaying low voltage and a fast puddle. Try turning up the voltage and moving the puddle a bit slower. You will get better penetration and a better looking weld as well. It will also reduce grinding time when cleaning up pieces. Good luck!
                          thanks for the tip i will keep that in mind! welding galvanized steel is a pain :( it tends to splatter at first if not grinded or sanded down for prep.

Comment

Originally posted by knuklehead92 View Post
                            thanks for the tip i will keep that in mind! welding galvanized steel is a pain :( it tends to splatter at first if not grinded or sanded down for prep.
                            Yes it is. The key is to grind off ALL the galvanized coating and turn up the voltage a bit. I recommend the flap wheels. They cut through coatings ALOT faster than your traditional grinder. Try not to inhale those fumes as well. There much toxic. Keep up the good work. :p

Comment

I'm curious to see how that heater box works out. I know mine is leaking hot air currently and that's not really a problem during the winter, but it's no fun during the summer. I'm also looking for something a wee bit more compact. How does it size up in comparison to the original box?

Oh, and by the way. I'd like to see how you mounted those Wilwood pedals. I'm considering using a set of those and an E30 gas pedal. You used this set, right? http://www.wilwood.com/Pedals/PedalP...emno=340-11295
                              Last edited by MX339; 07-10-2013, 12:33 PM.
                              75' M42 Powered 2002
                              AW 318is

Comment

Originally posted by MX339 View Post
                                I'm curious to see how that heater box works out. I know mine is leaking hot air currently and that's not really a problem during the winter, but it's no fun during the summer. I'm also looking for something a wee bit more compact. How does it size up in comparison to the original box?

Oh, and by the way. I'd like to see how you mounted those Wilwood pedals. I'm considering using a set of those and an E30 gas pedal. You used this set, right? http://www.wilwood.com/Pedals/PedalP...emno=340-11295
                                ill snap a couple of pics of out hows it mounted and as for the heater it is significantly smaller than the stock 2002 heater. it got great reviews

Comment

Working...
                                X