Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oil trail from cracked pan caused an accident..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chicks on scooters are super hot. Was she any hot?
    -----------------------------------
    Life is too short to be driving a Honda.

sigpic

Comment

I wouldnt worry about it

First, if she files a claim dont assume your insurance will pay for it! They have a fraud department that will look into it and might pay for some of the damages but regardless, your insurance will likely not go up etc.

I wouldnt worry about it. I think you did the right thing by providing assistance. I am sure they will factor all that into consideration. I am sure she has insurance as well.

It sounds like an accident etc. and no one was seriously injured.

Having said that there is a lot fraud that goes around....back injuries etc and all because they have a medical bills doesnt necessarily mean that the insurance will pay for all of it. Insurance company's have a attorneys that actually fight other insurance companies against claims...including legitimate ones. Most end up paying a fraction of the claim. In that business, its all about negotiations.

Comment

If an oil trail from your car caused an accident that is YOUR fault, then every other oil spill on the road that many bikers slip on everyday should be considered as fault on the person who spilled the oil. However, that is not the case. She cannot blame you for her accident. She probably did not have the knowledge of avoiding oil on the ground on a scooter/bike. This should be 100% her fault.

FREE BITCOINS!! http://qoinpro.com/71690d1639966bfbf223bf16538cec21
        Originally posted by scabzzzz
        I stand up, pull my dick out, and asked my gf to give me some noggin... Well, she starts laughing at me and I freaked out and ran off and locked myself in a bedroom.
        1989 325i - Project/weekend driver
        2002 325i - DD
        2005 Suzuki SV650 - Toy

Comment

Originally posted by delatlanta1281 View Post
          Really? Come on. How about this, just pull to the side after putting your blinker on and let them pass? Causing an accident, while it may not legally be your fault, is a fucked up way to alleviate a situation like tailgating.
          Geez. I didn't mean that he should slam on the brakes anytime someone tailgates him. Of course one should always strive to not cause an accident.

However, I was talking about his specific, split-second decision. In that instant, the OP claims that he had the choice of hitting the brakes and possibly getting rear-ended, or not hitting the brakes and possibly damaging his car. OP took the latter option and damaged his car. He seems to think that the tailgater caused him to damage his car. My suggestion was that, in that specific instance under those circumstances, I would have hit the brakes.

In most cases, especially in tailgating scenarios, the car in the back is responsible if he/she slams into the car in front. It's not the front driver's responsibility to make sure that he brakes slowly enough for the rear driver. In the case of the OP, I think that he might have been better off if he braked accordingly and took the chance of getting hit from behind.
          1987 325e Commuter Project Blog

1967 1600 Project Blog: www.TX02.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by Freude am Fahren View Post
            Chicks on scooters are super hot. Was she any hot?
            Depending on your choice of age, maybe. She seemed to be of age having white streaks of hair. Not that it's a bad thing, I just really don't find her attractive.

Originally posted by Javier h View Post
            First, if she files a claim dont assume your insurance will pay for it! They have a fraud department that will look into it and might pay for some of the damages but regardless, your insurance will likely not go up etc.

I wouldnt worry about it. I think you did the right thing by providing assistance. I am sure they will factor all that into consideration. I am sure she has insurance as well.

It sounds like an accident etc. and no one was seriously injured.

Having said that there is a lot fraud that goes around....back injuries etc and all because they have a medical bills doesnt necessarily mean that the insurance will pay for all of it. Insurance company's have a attorneys that actually fight other insurance companies against claims...including legitimate ones. Most end up paying a fraction of the claim. In that business, its all about negotiations.
            Thanks for the reassuring words. You pretty stated what my insurance did too. Are you my agent?!? Lol

Originally posted by gtdragon980 View Post
            If an oil trail from your car caused an accident that is YOUR fault, then every other oil spill on the road that many bikers slip on everyday should be considered as fault on the person who spilled the oil. However, that is not the case. She cannot blame you for her accident. She probably did not have the knowledge of avoiding oil on the ground on a scooter/bike. This should be 100% her fault.
            That makes sense. It's just that I felt like I was caught red handed as the source since I couldn't drive away from it. And a perfect trail led to my car. Lol
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ClayW View Post
              In most cases, especially in tailgating scenarios, the car in the back is responsible if he/she slams into the car in front. It's not the front driver's responsibility to make sure that he brakes slowly enough for the rear driver. In the case of the OP, I think that he might have been better off if he braked accordingly and took the chance of getting hit from behind.
              I was thinking that but I obviously didn't slow down enough to avoid rebounding. You are probably right with braking, I might have just been over confident with my clearance, poor judgement in slope grade, etc. either way I'd rather not take anything from behind if I can avoid it. Lol

Here's a photo of my pan just to show I couldn't have limped away from the scene and yes, I recently had it welded to reinforce a hairline crack. In the same damn spot!! Lol
              Attached Files
              sigpic

Comment

so you already cracked your pan from being too low, and now you smashed it and caused some poor lady to crash? the seemingly obvious thing is that your car is too low.

Comment

Originally posted by straight6pwr View Post
                  so you already cracked your pan from being too low, and now you smashed it and caused some poor lady to crash? the seemingly obvious thing is that your car is too low.
                  Too low? Not at all. If you have a problem with the m42 oil pan design, take it to BMW engineering. As I've just learned to live with it since I've already dealt with road debris hitting my pan before even when my suspension was still stock. I had a slow leak from a hairline crack (from: you guessed it, shit hitting my pan) that was forming so I had it welded. Talked to her and her fiancé and she's fine.

Your assumptions have been really helpful and your powers of deduction are impeccable.
                  But really, I'm just Trina see if this has ever happened to people before. Similar cases and such.
                  sigpic

Comment

Wow this is ridiculous...

A while back I was listening to my local rock radio station and once a week they have a lawyer come on the show and answer listener questions. This one guy called in and asked what he could do after he hit a patch of gravel left over by snow removal crews on his motorcycle and went down. The lawyer basically told him that he was shit outta luck because, as a driver/rider you're supposed to adjust for reasonable road hazards.

It would be a pretty shitty thing to do if they come after you for damages... But, this is 'MURICA where nothing is my fault.

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
                    Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

Originally posted by lambo View Post
                      It would be a pretty shitty thing to do if they come after you for damages... But, this is 'MURICA where nothing is my fault.
                      I wouldn't be surprised if they did but my insurance told me not to worry about it since it really wasn't my fault. My agent said "As messed up as it is, they will more than likely not get anything. They're lucky you even stopped."
                      sigpic

Comment

It's always needs moar low until someone breaks their pan...
                        1985 M10b18. 70maybewhpoffury. Over engineered S50b30 murica BBQ swap in progress.

Originally posted by DEV0 E30
                        You'd chugg this butt. I know you would. Ain't gotta' lie to kick it brostantinople.

Comment

QFT. Sig'd. Should be m42club's slogan.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jdirty View Post
                            That makes sense. It's just that I felt like I was caught red handed as the source since I couldn't drive away from it. And a perfect trail led to my car. Lol
                            Yeah, completely understand. It was a good thing you stopped and checked if she was alright. But there is no way you are at fault for her negligence. If anything, they should thank you for having the decency to stop and check.

FREE BITCOINS!! http://qoinpro.com/71690d1639966bfbf223bf16538cec21
                            Originally posted by scabzzzz
                            I stand up, pull my dick out, and asked my gf to give me some noggin... Well, she starts laughing at me and I freaked out and ran off and locked myself in a bedroom.
                            1989 325i - Project/weekend driver
                            2002 325i - DD
                            2005 Suzuki SV650 - Toy

Comment

I spun in the oil from my own transmission once...

...I tried to sue myself, but failed.

And my RACE car isn't that low...

t
                              now, sometimes I just mess with people. It's more entertaining that way. george graves

Comment

Wait... So the woman didn't see the probably GIANT FUCKING DARK OIL PATCH and slow down? Negligence there, I would've said sorry, hope your ok, now bye I have a life to go on with without paying you for your ignorance...
                                1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
                                willschnitz

Comment

Working...
                                X