• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dongers

someone wanna cheer me up while I feed 20s into the S38's intake
    cars beep boop

Comment

HR race, GC top hats, IE spacers. it was way too low for me.

Much wow
      I hate 4 doors

Comment

Originally posted by Cabriolet View Post
        so true. one ride in Nate's AST's car and i was sold on them. the issue is cost. most guys cant afford it.

As for adjustments, HR race sit too low for mine and blackbird's tastes, thats why i like the GCs, it's lower than stock but as stiff as i need to have fun.
        Its not a matter of taste, its a matter of correct suspension geometry. I finally added the 13mm roll center spacers to the front of my car and the change in the way the car handles was mind blowing. I raised it less than 1/2 inch and the car was 100% better across the board. Corners flat, very minimal brake dive while hard on the brakes and best of all it doesn't bottom over every imperfection in the road surface. For the first time since I bought the car, the front suspension geometry is correct. There is a very specific distance between the top of the strut mount and the bottom of the strut where the control arm attaches. If the distance is less than that set distance, the roll center is off, and the suspension geometry goes to hell in the blink of an eye.

I've had to find a way to raise my car nearly 2 inches since installing the H&R race springs and for every move upward the car drove better. Now after adding the roll center spacers the control arms have the slightest slope outward toward the wheel meaning the roll center is back above ground level. Yes, E30s are very touchy when it comes to the suspension geometry, making a half inch change will make a big difference. What is better? Simply everything.

Will
        '59 Alfa Romeo 101.02 Giulietta Sprint
        '69 Alfa Romeo 105.51 1750 GTV (R.I.P)
        '69 Datsun 2000 roadster Vintage race car
        '88 BMW M3

Comment

I love my ground control, it is worlds better than stock whether it is slammed or 4x4 status.

Also, we have decided to counter offer. Insurance said they will only accept comps from 1987 325's, not 325e or i. They sent me the two cars they based their offer off of, and both of them are 4 doors and both are autos, and they are both listed for about $5000. The insurance is trying to say four doors and sutos are more desireable, I was like no. My mom did a little searching and found a coupe listed for $7k so tomorrow we will be sending them that in hopes of fetching a higher offer.

I am also going to look at the 6er this friday and hopefully pick it up. Big plans for that if it happens.

Comment

Eric, are the p/n for HR race springs the same for all e30s or are there vert specific ones like most other springs? IIRC, IE3s and HR Race are supposed to be the same. I know the spring rates are the same, I assumed the ride height was the same also. Your old vert looks much lower than blaznxpk's car on IE3s and he has drop hats.

Just looked at a pic of my old car (IE3s/Billie sports/no spring pads up front) and it's similar to blaznxpk's car. Your vert is damn near tuckin tire! Interesting
            Last edited by Rodoni; 04-07-2015, 10:54 AM.
            ***Affordable Powder Coating Here:***
            http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...=1#post2074588
            *** Bay Area/NorCal Fender Rolling Here: ***
            http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...29#post1989029

***If you've ever bought anything from/dealt with me please add feedback!!:
            http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=137611***

Thank You!

Comment

Originally posted by Rodoni View Post
              Eric, are the p/n for HR race springs the same for all e30s or are there vert specific ones like most other springs? IIRC, IE3s and HR Race are supposed to be the same. I know the spring rates are the same, I assumed the ride height was the same also. Your old vert looks much lower than blaznxpk's car on IE3s and he has drop hats.

Just looked at a pic of my old car (IE3s/Billie sports/no spring pads up front) and it's similar to blaznxpk's car. Your vert is damn near tuckin tire! Interesting
              Ya. there is only one HR race and it is for the e30 m3, we all just use them on the 318s/325s. verts sit lower due to their weight and as far as i can tell they have a slightly different shape of the front strut towers.
              the e30m and mtech2 verts weigh about the same. the rest of the cars are 100+ lb lighter.
              Much wow
              I hate 4 doors

Comment

Boner knee, plz don't buy 6er. At least buy an e28.

For the luv of god.

1991 BMW 318i (Old Shell RIP, Now Being Re-shelled & Reborn)
                1983 Peugeot 505 STI
                1992 Volvo 240 Wagon
                2009 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Sport 4WD

Comment

6er > e28

Sharks FTW
                  ***Affordable Powder Coating Here:***
                  http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...=1#post2074588
                  *** Bay Area/NorCal Fender Rolling Here: ***
                  http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...29#post1989029

***If you've ever bought anything from/dealt with me please add feedback!!:
                  http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=137611***

Thank You!

Comment

Originally posted by BlackbirdM3 View Post
                    Its not a matter of taste, its a matter of correct suspension geometry. I finally added the 13mm roll center spacers to the front of my car and the change in the way the car handles was mind blowing. I raised it less than 1/2 inch and the car was 100% better across the board. Corners flat, very minimal brake dive while hard on the brakes and best of all it doesn't bottom over every imperfection in the road surface. For the first time since I bought the car, the front suspension geometry is correct. There is a very specific distance between the top of the strut mount and the bottom of the strut where the control arm attaches. If the distance is less than that set distance, the roll center is off, and the suspension geometry goes to hell in the blink of an eye.

I've had to find a way to raise my car nearly 2 inches since installing the H&R race springs and for every move upward the car drove better. Now after adding the roll center spacers the control arms have the slightest slope outward toward the wheel meaning the roll center is back above ground level. Yes, E30s are very touchy when it comes to the suspension geometry, making a half inch change will make a big difference. What is better? Simply everything.

Will
                    my track car's control arms point upwards, wanna race?

Comment

Originally posted by freeride53 View Post
                      Boner knee, plz don't buy 6er. At least buy an e28.

For the luv of god.
                      You on something Sina. e28's are on the bottom of my list of next bmws. How can you not love the look of an e24?

Mike Burroughs old shark.

Comment

e24>>e28

that sixer is nice
                        Much wow
                        I hate 4 doors

Comment

Originally posted by Wh33lhop View Post
                          my track car's control arms point upwards, wanna race?
                          Sure, let me get some new tires, replace the bushings in the rear suspension, and give the engine a refresh. Yeah, its going to be an expensive year.

Will
                          '59 Alfa Romeo 101.02 Giulietta Sprint
                          '69 Alfa Romeo 105.51 1750 GTV (R.I.P)
                          '69 Datsun 2000 roadster Vintage race car
                          '88 BMW M3

Comment

as a driver, my money is on nate. as a car and having owned an m3, my money is on Wills M3.
                            Much wow
                            I hate 4 doors

Comment

Originally posted by Cabriolet View Post
                              as a driver, my money is on nate. as a car and having owned an m3, my money is on Wills M3.
                              so do you have a manual or electric top? what's it like being a car?
                              cars beep boop

Comment

Originally posted by kronus View Post
                                so do you have a manual or electric top? what's it like being a car?
                                calling out my drunk typing. shit niggs. im a cabriolet i have a power top.

my power top still works. suck on that KIRIEIW
                                Much wow
                                I hate 4 doors

Comment

Working...
                                X