fender removal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

fender removal?

How difficult is it to remove the doors and fenders from an e30. i was hit yesterday and want to replace the drivers side door and fender. i have never done this before so i do not know what to expect. any thing specific i should know. thanks Matt

Doors I dont know. Fenders, easy. 8mm bolts on top in the engine bay. One bolt at the front by the valance/bumper, and one bolt on the rocker panel right in front of the door. I think thats right anyways.

Will
    RIP e30 (brilliantrot '91 325i) 11/17/06 Byebye: 8/21/07
    Welcome e30 (brilliantrot '90 325is) 12/23/06
    DaveCN = Old Man
    My signature picture was taken by ME! Not by anyone else!

Originally posted by george graves
    If people keep quoting me in their sig, I'm going to burn this motherfucker down.

Comment

thanks. i never done any thing like this before so i am not sure. i figure i would ask a few question before i tear into it. i heard i will need some sealant where the fender meets the a-pilar, is that true? Matt

Comment

The doors are easy to remove. The hard part is getting all the wiring harnesses disconnected and pulled through the doors.

There are 2 10mm bolts that bolt to the hinge. Then there's a pin on the locking mechanism. Simply remove the 2 bolts, and unclip the hinge pin. Then lift the door off the hinges.
        Mike

www.purems.com |Temecula, CA | 866-397-5487

Comment

Originally posted by PeaveyBassist View Post
          Doors I dont know. Fenders, easy. 8mm bolts on top in the engine bay. One bolt at the front by the valance/bumper, and one bolt on the rocker panel right in front of the door. I think thats right anyways.

Will

There are also 2 on the inner side of the fender where it meets up with the door.

Comment

Originally posted by trent View Post
            There are also 2 on the inner side of the fender where it meets up with the door.
            Yup, don't forget those!
            Estoril E36 M3/4/5 | Toledo E53 X5 3.0 | LeMans E90 335D M-Sport

Comment

there is a torx bolt that holds the fender to the valance, its right under the headlights.
              and you dont have to undo any wiring from the door, it unplugs at the A pillar

91-318i SOLD : (
              91-318IS for sale
              95-740i DD
              84-Monte carlo SS Under construction
              90-T-bird Supercoupe DD

Comment

Working...
              X