Attorney General Praises Rev Sharpton

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Attorney General Praises Rev Sharpton

Not sure I want the AG praising anyone this far to either side of the isle. Seems like dangerous ground to me.

What say you

Comments on Jews

During the Crown Heights Riot, Sharpton (who arranged a rally in Crown Heights after Cato's death[30]) has been seen by some commentators as inflaming tensions by making remarks that included "If the Jews want to get it on, tell them to pin their yarmulkes back and come over to my house".[56]

Comments on gays

Sharpton was quoted as saying to an audience at Kean College in 1994 that, “White folks was [sic] in caves while we was building empires.... We taught philosophy and astrology and mathematics before Socrates and them Greek homos ever got around to it.”[57] Sharpton defended his comments by noting that the term "homo" was not homophobic but added that he no longer uses the term.[58] Sharpton has since called for an end to homophobia in the African-American community.[59]

Comments on Mormons

During 2007, Sharpton was accused of bigotry for comments he made on May 7, 2007, concerning presidential candidate Mitt Romney and his religion, Mormonism:
    "As for the one Mormon running for office, those who really believe in God will defeat him anyways, so don't worry about that; that's a temporary situation."[60][61]
    In response, a representative for Romney told reporters that "bigotry toward anyone because of their beliefs is unacceptable."[62] The Catholic League compared Sharpton to Don Imus, and said that his remarks "should finish his career".[63]

On May 9, during an interview on Paula Zahn NOW, Sharpton said that his views on Mormonism were based on the "Mormon Church's traditionally racist views regarding blacks" and its interpretation of the so-called "Curse of Ham".[64] On May 10, Sharpton called two apostles of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and apologized to them for his remarks and asked to meet with them.[65] A spokesman for the Church confirmed that Sharpton had called and said that "we appreciate it very much, Rev. Sharpton's call, and we consider the matter closed."[66] He also apologized to "any member of the Mormon church" who was offended by his comments.[66] Later that month, Sharpton went to Salt Lake City, Utah, where he met with Elder M. Russell Ballard, a leader of the Church, and Elder Robert C. Oaks of the Church's Presidency of the Seventy.[67][68]

but so quick to point fingers, get people fired, ruin lives of others making similar comments
    "I wanna see da boat movie"
    "I got a tree on my house"

Comment

Holder is a slime bag, and should have been brought up on purgery and treason charges long ago

Sharpton is a racist and advocate of social justice based on race need I say more
      Originally posted by Fusion
      If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
      The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
      William Pitt-

Comment

Sharpton, president of NAN and host of MSNBC’s Politics Nation, has led several rallies demanding the arrest of George Zimmerman, who reportedly shot Martin on Feb. 26. On Mar. 30 in Sanford, Fla., where the shooting occurred, Sharpton pledged that his group would “move to the next level if Zimmerman isn’t arrested.”
        How is that a political issue? Do the parties support opposing sides in the murder of an unarmed teenager? WTF is wrong with you people?

Comment

So you are ok with the head of the department of justice praising an indivisual who has publicly called for civil disobedience,,,,, maybee you have not thought of the ramifications of this through.
          Irrelevent of political persuasion its not something the head of the doj ought to be doing in my opinion. Justice should be impartial, and never condone civil disobedience i think,,,,, just remember that if you are ok with a dem endorsing this, it should only hold true going the other way..

As for the arrest of zimmerman its a joke to have an opinion unless you have all the evidence in front of you. I dont so I cant say, I dont see how any one else not privy to the info can either.
          Last edited by naplesE30; 04-11-2012, 03:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by tjts1 View Post
            How is that a political issue? Do the parties support opposing sides in the murder of an unarmed teenager? WTF is wrong with you people?
            Self defence is not murder
            If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
            The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
            William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
              gun vs nothing. great fight.

As for the arrest of zimmerman its a joke to have an opinion unless you have all the evidence in front of you. I dont so I cant say, I dont see how any one else not privy to the info can either.
              exactly. I can't believe Sharpton still has any credibility on anything anymore. He's just a loud I told you so type of person.

Comment

Really?

1985 BMW 325e
                1997 BMW M3/4/5
                2007 Chevy Silverado Crew Cab 5.3 v8

Comment

Originally posted by Dozyproductions View Post
                  gun vs nothing. great fight.
                  He's going by Florida state law I'm assuming, and until all the facts have come out as to what exactly happened you and everyone else who are claiming him to be a murderer are jumping the gun.

Comment

To me the disturbing thing is the AG who is praising someone who is radical and does everything in their power to inflame situations. Sharpton has a history of being counter-productive and causing more animossity on both ends of the spectrum. It is like the irs saying he really admires people who advocate tax evation,,,,, only with sharpton it can and has led to violence which is on a totaly different level than taxes.

Comment

Originally posted by naplesE30 View Post
                      So you are ok with the head of the department of justice praising an indivisual who has publicly called for civil disobedience,,,,, maybee you have not thought of the ramifications of this through.
                      Civil disobedience is just fine. It's the call for violence that crosses the line..........Sharpton has a bit of blood on his hands regarding that.

APparently the DA doesn't think so, he's been officially charged with 2nd degree murder.
                      Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
                      Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
                      One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

^

Charged does not = conviction. (You know this)

Thanks to the media allready judgeing ziimmerman guilty it was just a matter of time before some one brought him up on charges. This is a "special prosecutor" appointed by the gov. Of the state. If it was not the state the feds have been skirting the case waiting to swoop in and charge him federally if the state did nothing at their level.

Poor bastard is all I can say. Oh well I would rather be judged by the 12 than carried by 6.

Dozy; let this situation be a lesson to you, don't attack a man with a gun or anyone for that matter if you don't know if they are armed or not

William Pitt-

Comment

To be fair, he would have completely avoided the situation if he had stopped the pursuit when told to.

I'm all for Stand your Ground/Concealed Carry laws, but old Zimmerman used incredibly poor descretion in his actions.

EDIT: Oh I know on the charge vs conviction, but I doubt the state would have charged him, unless they thought they could get a conviction. Unless you think there is some conspiracy that says they charged him with 2nd degree murder, instead of some form of Manslaughter so he could off.
                          Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
                          Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
                          One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

you don't just go around attacking people becasue shit like this can happen to you, so stop with your gun vs nothing shit, why should someone even be fighting?
                            also it's innocent until proven guilty, tired of everyone thinking it's guilty until proven innocent.
                            What if some chick said you raped her? now a days just being accused of something people judge you differently eventhough there is no evidence supporting a claim.
                            "I wanna see da boat movie"
                            "I got a tree on my house"

Comment

He did break off following thug jr. was walking back to hiis car when thug lite became the agressor. And attacked him. You deserve what you get at that point

Yes I agree there was some piss poor judgement used by zimmerman that lead to the encounter. But still does not mean he's guilty of murder or even man slaughter.

William Pitt-

Comment

Working...
                              X