IE Header ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IE Header ?

Hello people, I wanted to know if anyone had any experiences with the Ireland Engineering long tube headers.

From what I have read, ebay headers rub on each other and or the car and they sit very low reducing ground clearance. Does anyone know if the Ireland Engineering units suffer from the same problems?

Also, if you do have experience do they drone? I have a scorpion catback exhaust if that makes a difference, the car will probably get a 200 cell cat because I don"t want to cut up the stock system.

Last edited by serdar255; 01-26-2014, 12:33 AM.

image (10) by serdar.gurhan, on Flickr
    PM me for custom shift knobs and stickers!
    Originally posted by marshallnoise
    You ain't done working on a car unless you are bleeding.

ADAMS Autosport

Comment

image (10) by serdar.gurhan, on Flickr
      PM me for custom shift knobs and stickers!
      Originally posted by marshallnoise
      You ain't done working on a car unless you are bleeding.

Comment

I'm in De and I bought a set. They look good but I haven't fit them to my car yet. My younger brother took a set of stahls off his car and I ended up putting those on for now. I will be installing the IE's in the future. The headers look great though, nice welding, nice pipes, nice bends, I'm very happy with them. I'm hoping the fitment is as nice as they are. I'll be getting them coated as soon as funds allow it.
        sigpic

Comment

Is it me or is there really not so much that has gone into the development of a "real" power producing header for the M20? Or do those $1,000+ headers actually make decent gains?

Comment

It depends on the diameter on the header and I believe to gain more power out of it you need more bolt ons with a chip to compliment it. Like longtube header with 2 inch primary, 2.5 in single pipe back mated with a high flow cat and muffler.

Comment

And I know for e36 & e46 Supersprint and the reps work exactly the same maybe fitment is a bit off but makes exactly same power.

Comment

BTB headers had serious development, because of that, they had a higher price than most ppl wanted to pay. Hottuning ripped them off with a good quality copy and that pretty much ended that. Now there are copies of copies available.
                Just a little project im working on
                - http://www.lse30.com -

Comment

I have a set on my car and had no problems. At first I bought 2 different sets of off brand on ebay and had to return both because of fit. One set they actually welded the flange on backwards. IE is worth the money.

Comment

Working...
                  X