Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WTF.....thought Miata wheels fit E30!

Hey Guys,

I have a set of Miata steelies that I put a set of snow tires on for my E30 winter beater. I went to mount them yesterday, and they wouldn't go on. The hub bore of the miata wheels was to small for the E30!

I thought Miata wheels were a direct bolt on for an E30 BMW??

Anyway, I'm wondering if I can Dremel out the hub of the steel wheel so they will fit? Any other way to do it? Is it safe to do that?

Thanks for any advice guys!

Andy
    Last edited by E30andy; 11-03-2016, 01:49 PM.
    89 325ix coupe Diamondschwartz
    1994 Mazda Miata

Do not dremel the hub, because when you go to put on your other wheels the center bore is going to be all fucked up and your wheels are going to vibrate like a MFer. Get new wheels, or find someone to bore out the steelies.
    Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

Originally posted by MrBurgundy View Post
      Do not dremel the hub, because when you go to put on your other wheels the center bore is going to be all fucked up and your wheels are going to vibrate like a MFer. Get new wheels, or find someone to bore out the steelies.
      Thanks MrBurgundy!:)

Wasn't thinking about Dremeling the hubs, was going to Dremel the Miata steelies. Wondering how well a Dremel works on steel wheels?
      Last edited by E30andy; 11-03-2016, 01:52 PM.
      89 325ix coupe Diamondschwartz
      1994 Mazda Miata

Comment

Another simple idea is to get a set of spacers on ebay. I bet you can find some with the right e30 bore and a miata boss on the other side. If they were just a few mm thick, 10-15 maybe, they might be a cheap fix.

Comment

Working...
        X