PNW Autox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PNW Autox

Any recommendations where to look for fun auto cross events near the Seattle area?
    I checked out the local BMWCCA chapter events page, and they only had info on track days, but no autox.
    I did part of a season with the Golden Gate chapter in CA before moving up hear, and now that I have another e30 I would like to get back into it.
    Any pointers appreciated.
    sigpic
    "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten."

Anyone run the NWR Solo events?

There events are quite a ways away from me. Bremerton Motorsports Park isn't impossible, but Packwood is a real haul.
    sigpic
    "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten."

Comment

..but worth it. Packwood always puts on a good event. Just DO NOT SPEED in town!
      1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
      2016 Ford Flex
      2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

Originally posted by djjerme View Post
        ..but worth it. Packwood always puts on a good event. Just DO NOT SPEED in town!
        Good to know.
        sigpic

Comment

Packwood and Bremerton are the two main local sites for the Puget Sound area. Evergreen Speedway in Monroe also does autocross. The BMW CCA runs with the Porsche club. Here's the local autocross orgs:

BSCC - Bremerton Sports Car Club
          PNWR - Porsche
          SCCA - NWR Solo
          WWSCC - Western Washington Sports Car Council

Everyone runs things a little different. The Porsche club is an all day event where the others usually split the day up into morning/afternoon

Comment

Originally posted by thebutterson View Post
            Packwood and Bremerton are the two main local sites for the Puget Sound area. Evergreen Speedway in Monroe also does autocross. The BMW CCA runs with the Porsche club. Here's the local autocross orgs:

BSCC - Bremerton Sports Car Club
            PNWR - Porsche
            SCCA - NWR Solo
            WWSCC - Western Washington Sports Car Council

Everyone runs things a little different. The Porsche club is an all day event where the others usually split the day up into morning/afternoon
            Between the BSCC and BMWCC/ Porsche club there are a pretty good number of events if you're not too worried about doing a national solo championship or anything. Haven't been down to Packwood yet but I hear it's a blast.

Comment

Another option, albeit further north, is Chuckanut Sports Car Club (chuckanutscc.org) in Bellingham. We are still getting our schedule nailed down for this season, but it should be up soon. We also have a Father's Day event up at Mount Baker every year that is a ton of fun. Our events are all day events with 10-12 runs between the morning and afternoon sessions and are in the $40-$45 per day range.

There will be a double header weekend in March or April (I think April) at Emerald Downs in Auburn hosted by Torque Steerers through Western Washington Sports Car Club (wwscc.org). That's a little closer as well.

Comment

And another 60 minutes north of Bellingham (not including border crossing) is the Vancouver, BC site. It's at Pitt Meadows airport and there are at least 4 clubs running events there. From late April to late September, you can count on events every weekend, with some weekends having 2 events (one club Saturday and another Sunday) as well as a couple 2 day events being hosted by the same club.

The site at Pitt Meadows is a dedicated facility with an 1,100' x 550' pad. It pales in comparison to Packwood though. You should do yourself a favor and try at least one event at each site this summer.

Comment

Thanks guys
                  sigpic

Comment

WWSCC Schedule got posted recently. Has all of the local events including SCCA region calendar. First events are at Emerald Downs on April 1 and 2.

Comment

Working...
                    X