OFFICIAL: Toyota SUV/truck thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That thing I did

Parts arrived, truck arrived, Tires installed and Wifey gets to pick up tomarrow .

Sorry for the shitty cell pics, it what I was sent and likely all I will have till I get a chance to get home and get some decent shots.

after all the goodies installed

Build so far : 17 Limited, Nautical Blue over black. 2.5" Fox Extended travel coil overs, Total Chaos UCA, Fox 2.0 rear shocks, Icon 2" springs. Brand New trail Edition Take off wheels With 275/70-17 Copper At3's, (think I should have gone with 285's) On the order list, is a set of OPOR sliders and I need to see what kinda light bar set up I can get to fit behind the grill.
    Last edited by mrsleeve; 03-12-2017, 07:12 AM.
    Originally posted by Fusion
    If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
    The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
    William Pitt-

Comment

That is very nice. I love the dark blue.

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
      Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

How it should've came from the factory. The 20" wheels that come on the limited's is what keeps me from even bothering to look at them, and unfortunately they're the most common from what I've seen.

Comment

little better Cell phone pic out in the light once she got it back to the house. In the short drive home she seems to have become attached to it already. I agree cale the 20's were a deal killer but, since she has been running the 80 all winter this has a very similar AWD/tcase set up. I wanted her to have the AWD so there is no thinking about 4wd in or out. The size is almost identical the FZJ80, so it was really a no brainer. Even she was for the lift and wheel swap once she saw a couple of photos, she likes the fact its not like every other soccer mom T4r in this trim level, since most people identify the limited's by the wheels. Also this is how the TRD Pros should be from the factory with the Limited tcase and awd set up....

Last edited by mrsleeve; 03-12-2017, 07:19 AM.
          If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
          The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
          William Pitt-

Comment

Damn, that's a really great colour
            1988 Atlantisblau Euro/Japanese 325i Cabriolet
            1989 Schwartz 325i - now M50 powered! - now very dead
            1998 Toyota 4Runner Limited
            My 17,000km Big NA National Parks trip!

Comment

Got out today. Friend lifted his Frontier just recently... I really need some suspension for the Taco...

DSC_6076 by Phillip Keefe, on Flickr

DSC_6109 by Phillip Keefe, on Flickr

DSC_6113 by Phillip Keefe, on Flickr

Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

I have a parasitic draw issue maybe one of you could help with in my '86 truck. If we don't drive the car for a day it wont start.
                It has a new GM up rated alternator and the battery had a full charge when I did these tests at above 12v (almost 13v).
                Tested inline with the ground terminal of the battery at 10 milliamps.
                -Dome light fuse draws .050 milliamps (no change if the dome light switch is in the off or on when door open position, and no change when I manually push the door buttons in the jam)
                -Cig lighter fuse draws .750 milliamps (easy fix just leave the fuse out for now. I don't smoke)
                -EFI fuse draws .040-.050 milliamps

My question is is it normal for the EFI system to draw .050 milliamps when the car is off, and is it normal for the dome light to draw the same amount of amps?
                I assume the dome light might have a bad ground, or the switch in the light is all dirty and grounding out?
                Not sure why the EFI system would be pulling amps unless its associated with the ECU which might always draw a small amount of power. Bad engine or ECU ground?

Thanks for the help guys.
                sigpic
                "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten."

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
                  little better Cell phone pic out in the light once she got it back to the house. In the short drive home she seems to have become attached to it already. I agree cale the 20's were a deal killer but, since she has been running the 80 all winter this has a very similar AWD/tcase set up. I wanted her to have the AWD so there is no thinking about 4wd in or out. The size is almost identical the FZJ80, so it was really a no brainer. Even she was for the lift and wheel swap once she saw a couple of photos, she likes the fact its not like every other soccer mom T4r in this trim level, since most people identify the limited's by the wheels. Also this is how the TRD Pros should be from the factory with the Limited tcase and awd set up....

Very nice, I'm interested in your impressions of the Fox 2.0's as they're on my radar for my next mod.
                  Attached Files
                  Originally posted by Simon S
                  When a dream is a dream for too long - it becomes a fantasy..

Comment

I went with the 2.5s up front and 2.0 out back. I will let ya know in a few weeks when I get home and can put it though a few paces, wife says it rides awesome, better than the stock cross linked factory suspension she test drove
                    Last edited by mrsleeve; 03-14-2017, 07:38 PM.

William Pitt-

Comment

Man seeing all of your Toyota's makes me want to get a newer one or even just a 4WD taco. Lambo does your taco have a sunroof?? Because if it does I'm jealous..

Found a guy selling a set of steel 5 lug toyota wheels near me for $60 so I bought them to have a second set of wheels. I put some studded snow tires on them and with a little weight in the bed it is needless to say my little 2WD taco has been loving the snow here in NY! It's hilarious to pass all the kids with subaru's, audi's ect.

-Dee
                      5-lugged turbo 318is Barn car
                      IG: @deebelmont

Comment

4wd makes a world of difference. I'd say to upgrade as soon as you can!

So do tires.

My wife's Subaru with winter tires is truly unstoppable. It outpaces my big 4wd with ease.
                        My previous build (currently E30-less)
                        http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170390

A 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 Offroad in Inferno is my newest obsession

Comment

Originally posted by ccsdo5 View Post
                          Man seeing all of your Toyota's makes me want to get a newer one or even just a 4WD taco. Lambo does your taco have a sunroof?? Because if it does I'm jealous..
                          It's just a pop up deal, no fancy sliding or anything. The one annoying thing is that it's missing the cover so there's no way to block out the sun if I wanted to. I guess I need to find one...

Comment

So I have the 5VZ-FE with the auto. Are transmission flushes advisable? I called a shop about it and they recommended every 30k which seemed kinda excessive to me. I have 137k right now and no idea if the trans fluid has ever been changed. Assuming it hasn't, is a flush advisable or should it just be a drain and fill?

Comment

Fairly sure it's a "sealed fluid is good for life of transmision" you have in that thing. It can be flushed by the old school redneck methods, that said make sure you get the yota extended life atf or equivalent.

William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by lambo View Post
                                So I have the 5VZ-FE with the auto. Are transmission flushes advisable? I called a shop about it and they recommended every 30k which seemed kinda excessive to me. I have 137k right now and no idea if the trans fluid has ever been changed. Assuming it hasn't, is a flush advisable or should it just be a drain and fill?
                                I wouldn't do that often, especially with a high quality oil. I would do a full flush, and not just a drain. With a drain you only get out something like 3 qts. If you want Red Line my shop sells it and we offer free shipping. I'll give you a deal on it too.

Comment

Working...
                                X