I made a brilliant decision.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stonea View Post
    I honestly kind of wish my 325i was a 318is. All well.... Anyways there is a Stromung group buy going on right now if you haven't seen it yet.

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=403659

Every fiber of my being tells me to get in on that group buy. My issue is every time and I do mean every time. I sign up for something like that days before payment is due something comes up and I cant make payment. Maybe if i can get some set aside and pay for it upfront before its finalized

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
    1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
    Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
    Mtech 2 turbo restoration
    Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

Originally posted by ThatOneEuroE30 View Post
      Every fiber of my being tells me to get in on that group buy. My issue is every time and I do mean every time. I sign up for something like that days before payment is due something comes up and I cant make payment. Maybe if i can get some set aside and pay for it upfront before its finalized
      Put the money aside now, and don't touch it.
      '91 318i (Alpine) - daily
      '88 325ix (Zinno) - drive here and there!

Comment

It was nice out and i got the wild hair to do some detailing so i called up a buddy and for 9 hours we went to town. Still have the driver side to polish and seal.

Before

After

Im gonna go die now cause I'm tired....
        Last edited by ThatOneEuroE30; 03-21-2017, 09:36 AM.

1991 318i 4dr slick top

Comment

Originally posted by ThatOneEuroE30 View Post
          It was nice out and i got the wild hair to do some detailing so i called up a buddy and for 9 hours we went to town. Still have the driver side to polish and seal.
          What was the process you used? I am needing to do this to my brillantrot and don't even know where to start.
          Steve • Toronto
          1991 318is • Brillantrot
          Build Thread

Comment

Holy buff batman!!! Looks great. I need to do that on my roof but probably won't bother cuz the front clip of my car is rattle canned black :/

What paint did you use for the needles? Going to be taking apart my cluster very soon
            89' 325ix Diamantschwarz/Black rattle can...

Insta: r_moose_w

Originally posted by flyboyx
            I imagine her smelling like spoiled milk and having a half inch crust of doodoo circumnavigating her butthole.

Comment

Originally posted by ThatM20Guy View Post
              Holy buff batman!!! Looks great. I need to do that on my roof but probably won't bother cuz the front clip of my car is rattle canned black :/

What paint did you use for the needles? Going to be taking apart my cluster very soon

I actually used some model car paint from hobby store. The cluster never worked sadly so i sent it out and its coming back professionally done now.

Originally posted by Powling View Post
              What was the process you used? I am needing to do this to my brillantrot and don't even know where to start.

First washed it obviously and then wet sanded it to 1000, used Meguiars 105 heavy cut polish with a rougher foam pad, and then went over it with Chemical Guys Jet Sealant.

1991 318i 4dr slick top

Comment

Wow that's with 1000? I would have thought a finer grit was used. Very nice result!

Comment

Originally posted by squidmaster View Post
                  Wow that's with 1000? I would have thought a finer grit was used. Very nice result!

Yep! Just 1000 grit

1991 318i 4dr slick top

Comment

Originally posted by squidmaster View Post
                    Same here! I would have thought 1500 or 2000 so you wouldn't just bite through all the clear.

Anyway awesome job!!! Just goes to show a paint job isn't dead even if it looks like it

I imagine her smelling like spoiled milk and having a half inch crust of doodoo circumnavigating her butthole.

Comment

Originally posted by ThatM20Guy View Post
                      Same here! I would have thought 1500 or 2000 so you wouldn't just bite through all the clear.

Anyway awesome job!!! Just goes to show a paint job isn't dead even if it looks like it
                      Car looks like its been repainted with a base/clear.. and I think he sanded off the remaining/fading clear on the hood. Great results IMHO.
                      Build Threads:
                      Pamela/Bella/Betty/325ix/5-Lug Seta/S60R/Miata ITB/Miata Turbo/Miata VVT/951/325xi-6

Comment

Brilliantrot is single stage so no clear coat. It was mainly just oxidation that had be sanded away down to smooth paint and the. Polished to a shine i was not expecting the results i got for sure.

I finished car this morning

1991 318i 4dr slick top

Comment

Wow! My paint is actually still pretty good for 25 years old. I'm going to try following the same steps as you to make it look even better. Looks great!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Made the trip up the see blunttech and got some new wheels for it.

Ronal LS wheels with dunlop dz102's nothing incredible but good enough for me. The front end sits a little high but i think it will come down a little once the suspension settles. It only has about 500 miles on it if that.

1991 318i 4dr slick top

Comment

New cluster on its way and just paid for my Strömung catback. Should be all i do to it this year unless it needs any thing else. I will be picking up some euro non smiley ellipsoids from a friends here in town for it.

1991 318i 4dr slick top

Comment

Love that tach style. You got me wanting to replace it when I'm in there doing odo gears...

Comment

Working...
                                X